• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

A.E Suggs

1349391234-doadlc.jpg

Next DLC?

I wish, though without a doubt I'm sure it'll be DLC one day. I really want the bunnygirl costume back though hasn't been in a games since DOA1. Well its been in the DOAX games but that doesn't count imo.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Done. Sorry Pupi and DR2K, Xbox version. =[
Thanks again.

As a side note to this, I'm really impressed with the English voices. It's actually a really solid dub. Also, English Jann Lee's battle cries are miles better than Japanese Jann Lee.
I actually really like the English dub as well, but the lip syncing always brings me back to Japanese. Tina and Christie's fight win animations make no sense in English. I also much prefer Jan Lee's facial animations with the Japanese voices (the win pose with slight squinting).

As a side note to this, I'm really impressed with the English voices. It's actually a really solid dub. Also, English Jann Lee's battle cries are miles better than Japanese Jann Lee.
Lee's shouts are the one thing I haven't adjusted to and I still prefer his Japanese voice. Everything else is golden. Tina's English voice is especially perfect. Her accent is awesome.

AlStrong

Anyone know if there's a list of story chapters & associated tutorials/titles? I'm missing a few, but I don't feel much like checking each and every chapter to see if that's the one I'm missing. :[

DR2K

Banned
Anyone know if there's a list of story chapters & associated tutorials? I'm missing a few, but I don't feel much like checking each and every chapter to see if that's the one I'm missing. :[

Go to extras and titles. It'll tell you on the missing title.

Loginius

Finaly beat arcade and time attack legendary and it feels great.

Now for survival....

Btw. Akira on legendary is incredible easy to beat d+p is your friend :D
(tested with Hayabusa and Lee)

AlStrong

w00t, found a chapter/mission list

Source

The List
2) Land 5 punches -1- First Fight
4) Land 5 kicks -1- Broke a Sweat
6) Land 3 high strikes -1- Combo
7) Land 3 mid strikes -1- Body Blow
8) Land 3 low strikes -1- Down & Dirty
10) Block 5 strikes with standing guard -1- Just Guard
11) Block 10 strikes with standing guard -1- Good Guard
12) Block 3 low strikes with crouching guard -1- Wall of Steel
13) Block and throw 3 times -1- Wheee!
14) low block and throw 2 times -1- Great Grappling
15) Hold 3 mid punches -2- Hold Rookie
17a) Tech roll 3 times -2- In training
17b) Land 2 rising kicks -2- Roll Technician
18) Do 2 tag throws -2- Get a Partner
19) Hold 3 low strikes -2- Not Luck... Skill
20) Hold 3 high strikes -2- Sticky Hands
21) Hold 3 mid kicks -2- Comback-2
22) Land a strike during a wall stun -2- Wall Magician
23) Land a power blow -2- Outta Here
24) Escape 3 combo throws -2- I Won't Lose
25) Hold 2 mid punches in critical stun -2- Comeback
26a) Hold two mid kicks in critical stun -2- Never Give Up
26b) Hold 2 low strikes in critical stun -2- Reading Moves
28) Do a strike throw -2- Never Let Go
29) Do 2 air throws -2- First Air Throw
30) Do 2 combo throws -2- Sticky Hands-2
31) Land 3 back-turned strikes -3- I See All
32) Do 3 lying strikes -3- Bedtime
33) Do a tag combo -3- Keep 'em Guessing
34) Land 3 sidestep strikes -3- Apprentice
35) Land Sunsho 3 times as a counter hit -3- Obvious
36) Land 3 ground strikes -3- Follow Up
37) Do 2 character specific holds -3- Genius
38) Do 2 expert mid punch holds -3- Good With Holds
39) Do 2 expert mid kick holds -3- Expert Hold
40) Do a 5-hit combo -4- It's On Now
41) Do a 7-hit combo -4- Combo Rookie
42) Do a 10-hit combo -4- Critical Combo
43) Hold an unblockable attack -4- Gotcha!
44a) Land an unblockable attack -4- One-Hit Wonder
44b) Blow an opponent into a wall -4- Bouncer
45) Land an 8-hit combo on a back-facing opponent -5- I Never Lose
46) Do an Izuna Drop -4- Ultimate Ninja
47) Knock your opponent down from a cliffhanger -4- Cliffhanger Striker
48) Do a Senko-Izuna -4- Senko
50) Trigger a critical burst -4- First Burst
51) Follow up during a critical burst -4- Saw It Coming
52) Hit a special danger zone -5- Troublemaker
55) Do 3 high offensive holds -5- Offensive hold
56) Do 3 low offensive holds -5- Go Low
57) Do a ground throw -5- Thrilling Throws
58) Throw a sidestepping opponent -5- Like A Butterfly
59) Strike a sidestepping opponent -5- Like A Bee
60) Escape an OH and throw -5- Guaranteed Punishment
63) Do 3 high counter strikes -5- Triangle System
64) Do 3 hi counter throws -5- Keep It Up
66) Do 2 high counter holds -5- Strong Silent Type
68) Land a 2-hit combo juggle -5- Just Hit Up
69) Land a 3-hit combo juggle -5- Juggling Trainee
70a) Land a 5-hit combo juggle -5- Juggler
70b) Do a tag power blow -5- You're In!
70c) Land a power blow during a critical burst -5- Power Blow Combo

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Anyone knows if the pictures taken (on PS3 here) can be exported to a PC somehow?

They can by USB stick but it isn't the full image. Just a thumb-nail sized one. Yes, it's stupid. Yes, it needs to be patched.

raven777

They can by USB stick but it isn't the full image. Just a thumb-nail sized one. Yes, it's stupid. Yes, it needs to be patched.

people should ask for it on team ninja twitter or facebook. I have already asked for it. Hopefully they will patch it.

it appears on Master Survival there is a significant increase in difficulty after level 60.
The CPU blocks and counters a lot more than usual. I hate this mode so much.

Galdelico

A couple of questions guys:

- as far as I know/tried I don't think it's possible but... You just can't enter in Photo Mode as you wish after regular matches, right? I mean, you have to save a replay, watch it and then take your snapshots, I guess.
Just wondering, because sometimes - when I play random vs CPU - I'd like to take pictures of win/lose poses but apparently there's no way to do it.

- what's the deal with Angel/Evil Bunny costumes in Europe? I had no chance to find them in Italy... Amazon didn't provide them with CE preorders (it didn't since the beginning, it's not like they forgot about it) and - as an indicator - they don't seem to be on ebay either.

Thanks!

Dantis

Lee's shouts are the one thing I haven't adjusted to and I still prefer his Japanese voice. Everything else is golden. Tina's English voice is especially perfect. Her accent is awesome.

I hate the new Japanese Jann Lee. The English one sounds very close to pre-DOAD Jann Lee.

Dizzy

Banned
Loving the game so far but the story mode is.....incoherent to say the least. I was expecting it to be as good ad Mortal Kombats.

Is there a benefit to doing the bonus missions in story mode? I've done most so far but missed one or two. Does it unlock anything meaningful like costumes? or is it just for a trophy? I notice the game doesnt tell you which you've completed and which you haven't.

Kinyou

Loving the game so far but the story mode is.....incoherent to say the least. I was expecting it to be as good ad Mortal Kombats.

Is there a benefit to doing the bonus missions in story mode? I've done most so far but missed one or two. Does it unlock anything meaningful like costumes? or is it just for a trophy? I notice the game doesnt tell you which you've completed and which you haven't.
It unlocks the characters from Virtua Fighter, not sure if there's any other way to get those.

When you're playing Story mode, there should be a check if you've done that particular mission already.

You can also keep track in the Titles list, as every mission earns a Title.

100 titles unlocks Pai, 300 for Alpha.

DR2K

Banned
Still don't have Pai.
Still don't have Alpha-152.

Fuck character unlocks in fighters. :/

Pai is easy. Go into vs mode and do everyone's cliffhangers(attack + throw) and do CB into PB for them as well. That's 4 titles per character. You can do it in vs mode.

I got Pai just doing all the titles in story mode.

Skilletor

Pai is easy. Go into vs mode and do everyone's cliffhangers(attack + throw) and do CB into PB for them as well. That's 4 titles per character. You can do it in vs mode.

I got Pai just doing all the titles in story mode.

That's cool, but I have limited time to play and when I do I don't feel like wasting it doing stupid shit like this.

I HATE playing against the AI. It's the opposite of fun. I'll have to force myself to finish story mode, if I ever do.

This is by far my biggest complaint about the game. Why can't I unlock stuff by playing against people? I've played over 300 matches local vs. and haven't unlocked shit but a few titles (and no titles for anybody playing 2p side, which is also dumb).

He kept sending me messages calling me names, and then started sending snarky messages asking if I had any advice on how he could become as good at the game as I am.

I told him to duck. :)

Lol, I hate hate messages of people who win you after a very close and exciting game. Makes them look like bad winners. I got one of those yesterday, told him to fuck off and blocked him.

DR2K

Banned
That's cool, but I have limited time to play and when I do I don't feel like wasting it doing stupid shit like this.

I HATE playing against the AI. It's the opposite of fun. I'll have to force myself to finish story mode, if I ever do.

This is by far my biggest complaint about the game. Why can't I unlock stuff by playing against people? I've played over 300 matches local vs. and haven't unlocked shit but a few titles (and no titles for anybody playing 2p side, which is also dumb).

Sucks donkey balls, but I did it with a second controller. Fuck the AI.

Mr_eX

I've unlocked Pai. Got the titles from the story mode and online. Just stay away from ranked matches.

You and I are like the opposite person lol. I hate fighting against people (with the occasional exception of friends.)

I'll never unlock Alpha-152 though, I've already resigned myself to that.

Endo Punk

It takes so long to find nearby players in an online match and I have resort to allowing all which causes horrendous lag 90% of the time. Fix this shit TN!

Beat Legend with Brad but died in the double digits. Last fight was Tina in her bikini, I doubt I would be able to unlock any of the bikini costumes. Exploiting the AI will only get me so far but there is no way I will be able to fight with no continues.

Dantis

So here's a weird one. Playing online and it says "PsychoDantis exited the lobby".

That's me. I am PsychoDantis.

Then, it shows me the lose screen and deducts grade points. Now it's stuck loading.

What the frack.

Mesharey

It takes so long to find nearby players in an online match and I have resort to allowing all which causes horrendous lag 90% of the time. Fix this shit TN!

Beat Legend with Brad but died in the double digits. Last fight was Tina in her bikini, I doubt I would be able to unlock any of the bikini costumes. Exploiting the AI will only get me so far but there is no way I will be able to fight with no continues.
Choose hayabusa and spam 4P+K.

Top Bottom