• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

Het_Nkik

It means back and P+K. I don't know when it started but people started using the layout of a keyboard number pad to refer to directional inputs. I don't like it.

The_Monk

Fellow GAFfers where is that List of All Costumes available? Can't find it.

Also can they all or almost all of them be awarder in Arcade Mode? Thanks in advance!

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
It means back and P+K. I don't know when it started but people started using the layout of a keyboard number pad to refer to directional inputs. I don't like it.
It's pretty much the best thing to happen in fighting games since forever. Go through guides from 2000 to now and you'll find half a dozen different ways to say forward.

Nessatsu Gouhadou.......................HCA, HCA + P
Nessatsu Goushouryu.....................QCT, d, dt + P
Tenma Gouzanku..........................QCT, QCT + P (air only)
Shungokusatsu...........................LP, LP, t, LK, HP (Level3/MAX only)
Nisogi..................................HCA, HCA + K (Level 3/MAX only)

(WR_f,f,f)+3 | Leaping Slash Kick | 30 | m | GB
f,N,d,d/f+3 | Demon Gut Kick | 35 | m | GB
f,N,d,D/F+3 | Demon Slice Kick | 21 | L |
f,N,d,d/f,f,u/f+3 | Hop Delayed Demon Gut Kick| 35 | m | GB
f,N,d,d/f,f,u/f,d+3 | Hop - Delayed Demon Slice Kick| 21| L |

What the hell does that mean?

Endo Punk

Why would 4P+K work with Hayabusa? Brad has a 4P+K special and the AI hardly ever lets me use it on Legend.

Also can they all or almost all of them be awarder in Arcade Mode? Thanks in advance!

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBN_ExnVVcA0wah6jylk_tU2lO57nlUKb

Im not sure if all costumes can be awarded in Arcade because I never tried it. Though I did unlock Brad's two costumes in Arcade and another in Time Attack.

Mesharey

Why would 4P+K work with Hayabusa? Brad has a 4P+K special and the AI hardly ever lets me use it on Legend.
It works with Lei Fang too. :/

Kasumi 6
Ayane 6
Helena 5
Hitomi 6
Mila 6
Rig 4
LeiFang 8
Jann Lee 5
Alpha 3
Sarah 2
Pai 2
Hayabusa 4
Hayate 4
Bayman 5
Eliot 5
Brad 5
Akira 2
Gen Fu 2
Zack 4
Bass 4
Tina 7
Christie 6
Kokoro 6
Lisa 7

It's also in the OP.
You can get them in Arcade, Time attack or survival, you can use the same difficulty for the same character once. For example, Only once in Arcade easy by using Tina then go to normal or Also easy in Time attack.

Het_Nkik

Hey guys, I know WHY it happened, I just said I'm not sure WHEN it happened. And I don't like it because my brain doesn't work that way at all. When I read it I have to stop and think about a number pad in my head, and a keyboard number pad specifically since phone number pads are reversed. I have go, "Okay, 7, that's uh... UB. Right?"

And I think things like HCF are a lot easier to type out and understand than 41236.

But you know, I'm not knocking it. Obviously it works for a lot of people and they prefer it. It's just a lot more difficult for me since I don't equate movement to a number pad. It takes me longer to figure out what I'm supposed to be doing.

The_Monk

Thank you very much for answering guys!

I guess I'll try to get them all since it seems I won't need Alpha to unlock all Costumes.

For me the most hard to get will be Titles, I got 99 so far.

Kinyou

Hey guys, I know WHY it happened, I just said I'm not sure WHEN it happened. And I don't like it because my brain doesn't work that way at all. When I read it I have to stop and think about a number pad in my head, and a keyboard number pad specifically since phone number pads are reversed. I have go, "Okay, 7, that's uh... UB. Right?"

And I think things like HCF are a lot easier to type out and understand than 41236.

But you know, I'm not knocking it. Obviously it works for a lot of people and they prefer it. It's just a lot more difficult for me since I don't equate movement to a number pad. It takes me longer to figure out what I'm supposed to be doing.
Oh snap, now I finally understand it, lol

I thought 4P+K meant four times punch and then kick.

OSHAN

Ryu and Leifang both step back then attack, temporarily putting them out of range of most attacks. If you time right and spam it both are very effective against the AI.

AlStrong

English! How does it work. :p I can't remember if it was the arcade guides in the 90s with the Forward/Back/quarter circle/half-circle/away/towards etc stuff. Makes more sense to me, plus it doesn't assume you're on the left side.

But.... whatever works, I guess.

It's also in the OP.
I can see how it's pretty easy to miss the links... (sandwiched between two large graphics)

Still don't have Pai.
Still don't have Alpha-152.

Fuck character unlocks in fighters. :/

pai i just got at some point near the end of story mode, and i just did the clifhanger, power blow and critical burst -> power blow with characters during costume unlocking to get enough titles for alpha-152.

The_Monk

Just saw that in order to unlock some Costumes you need to Beat Legendary Survival Mode for her last one without using continue, which is impossible for me. So yeah... I'll grab as much costumes as possible perhaps.

Also, just got PAI ^^ (which means Dad in Portuguese, Lol)

MCD

How do you get the clear all arcade/time attack/survival courses achievement?

I cleared all arcade with all characters on Rookie, cleared all arcade difficulties and got arcade master title but no achievement yet.

HALP

Mesharey

How do you get the clear all arcade/time attack/survival courses achievement?

I cleared all arcade with all characters on Rookie, cleared all arcade difficulties and got arcade master title but no achievement yet.

HALP
You need to finish tag too.

matmanx1

After playing DoA 5 at a friend's apartment the other day I had so much fun and was so impressed with the game that I decided to buy it. PS3 copy. Installing now. I am excited.

A.E Suggs

After playing DoA 5 at a friend's apartment the other day I had so much fun and was so impressed with the game that I decided to buy it. PS3 copy. Installing now. I am excited.

Good man..You know I have hope that this game will sell very well especially if they can release enough costume DLC and fix that online that people keep complaining about.

matmanx1

Jumped right into Story mode. I love how cheesy and over the top it is but I must say the character models and stages are really good looking. It's fan service and eye candy but it fits the tone of the game perfectly. I honestly wouldn't have it any other way and it certainly would not be DoA if they changed it!

Endo Punk

So played about 50 odd matches today and got the 100 online trophy and luckily lag didn't affect most the bouts. And most were wins Im happy to say lol. Shame Brad Wong only has 5 costumes and half are not even unique. The next DLC pack better have an outfit for him.

I still can't believe how good the game looks in motion, the interactivity and animation is really second to none. Anyway I fought this one guy who was just pressing the throw button over and over again. I figured maybe he fell asleep and has his finger on the T.

i finished story mode ..WTF

it's like the whole middle has no impact on the big plot

Who was that at the end ?
Was it ayane ?

Why does kokoro seems to have no presence what so ever . "why did you break that vase ?" or her standing around while a whole building is falling next to her ... WTF

Mesharey

What are you using for the sidestep ?
I used up up down down, but sometimes it's annoying when I want to do throw that uses 33 I do a sidestep by mistake.
I changed it to up+P+K+H, tried it now in training but it's not comfortable and I hit punch sometimes. :/

I main Ayane then Hitomi, but I only sidestep when I use Hitomi. :/

Skilletor

What are you using for the sidestep ?
I used up up down down, but sometimes it's annoying when I want to do throw that uses 33 I do a sidestep by mistake.
I changed it to up+P+K+H, tried it now in training but it's not comfortable and I hit punch sometimes. :/

I main Ayane then Hitomi, but I only sidestep when I main Hitomi. :/

I use 8_2+HPK. The lenient buffer system in DoA makes me get accidental sidesteps if I use the double tap method.

Why does kokoro seems to have no presence what so ever . "why did you break that vase ?" or her standing around while a whole building is falling next to her ... WTF
I love the vase scene.

"Here, catch!"

......................................................................... *vase breaks*

"Why did you do that?"

Kokoro is amazing.

Loona

i finished story mode ..WTF

it's like the whole middle has no impact on the big plot
The actual tournament and ninja/Doatec shennanigans do tend to stay separated - but I'm kinda glad they still bothered with both.
Who was that at the end ?
Was it ayane ?

The cloaked figure or the stabbed one? Seemed like
a Kasumi clone
to me.

Apparently her big deal is being Helena's dad illegitimate kid, so her "real" story scene was actually in Helena's sequence. I guess they just tried to make her own scenes entertaining, not meaningful, to make up for that.

Mesharey

I use 8_2+HPK. The lenient buffer system in DoA makes me get accidental sidesteps if I use the double tap method.
It seems that I'll use it, it will take sometime to get used to it, at least I won't do sidestep by mistake.

BTW. Is it me or the net code is better now ?

starting to really like Mila. very fun character!

Fuck this

I don't have a cheap partner to my Tina

i used Hayabusa/Lei-Fang for tag on arcade and time attack. was almost breezy!

yeah, i did the same thing for the same reasons

The cloaked figure or the stabbed one? Seemed like
a Kasumi clone
to me.
seemed like an Ayane clone to me
, but it's not like the story is coherent anyway.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
You know, I have to feel that story mode in this game actually acts as a more decent tutorial than most fighting games this gen.

The missions actually do cover all angles of the system, up to making people realize how to set up and combo power blows. And the AI during the missions isn't entirely asleep and provides a good moving target. The interface just needs an indicator of which missions have been completed so far. Glaring omission there.

Might have been cool if after you finish one, a mission leveled up in each story fight, with a tougher challenge, for you to replay again.

Top Bottom