• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Plus |OT| ( + )( + )

I may have missed it but has there been any word on if all these enhancements will remain Vita exclusive? I would love all the new additions on the ps3 version.

Skilletor

As pretty as DOA5 is on PS3, it just feels better playing it on Vita.

Nah, I miss my arcade stick.

It's a great port, though. I'll be playing a lot more than the console versions just because of convenience.

How much single player content are there in this?

How do you quantify this?

There's a beefy story mode. A training mode. A challenge mode. Survival and Arcade modes. Lots to unlock.

I'd say there's a lot of single player stuff.

DR2K

Banned
Nah, I miss my arcade stick.

It's a great port, though. I'll be playing a lot more than the console versions just because of convenience.

How do you quantify this?

There's a beefy story mode. A training mode. A challenge mode. Survival and Arcade modes. Lots to unlock.

I'd say there's a lot of single player stuff.

Well I mean it's more conveniant and pick up and play.

Grisby

Man, this looks and plays great. Finally got into it a bit this morning after doing all the cross save junk.

Sat for about 5 minutes in simple match and rank but there was no one to be found, :(

Haven't used the Game Stop code yet, is it even up?
How long is the story mode?
It was a couple hours on the PS3 deal. I don't know if they added any new content for the Vita.

omg_mjd

Stunning game. At first it didn't "click" for me, having come from UMvC3, SFxTK and BlazBlue. But after a couple rounds in tutorial mode the system started to make sense and I've been playing with the AI ever since. Gotta practice them counters and blocks.

Anyway, anyone looking for a human punching bag? My PSN is omg_mjd

The wait times for the online are slightly more tolerable now that we can replace the mind-numbing repetition of "Showtime" with the soothing ambience of "Wired" :-D

My copy didn't arrived yet, but you can add me to play on the PS3 right now.

PSN - Shinriji

Stunning game. At first it didn't "click" for me, having come from UMvC3, SFxTK and BlazBlue. But after a couple rounds in tutorial mode the system started to make sense and I've been playing with the AI ever since. Gotta practice them counters and blocks.

Anyway, anyone looking for a human punching bag? My PSN is omg_mjd
AddedT

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wow, online really is messed up. Took like 5 mins to find someone on the same platform in simple match. Now taking a while to find a match in Ranked. Online can't be THIS dead, surely?

Never been a big doa fan, but downloaded the demo and man, that layout feels great on the vita, might have to pick this up.
Although any idea whats up with online? Its been rather sporadic when I've tried it.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Wow, online really is messed up. Took like 5 mins to find someone on the same platform in simple match. Now taking a while to find a match in Ranked. Online can't be THIS dead, surely?

I've had times like that on the PS3 version too, and to a lesser extent the 360 version. Pretty much why I always stuck to lobbies.

I'm loving the story in this. It's light-hearted, nonsensical, humorous, and doesn't take itself seriously at all. A nice change from normal fighting game stories.

I'm loving the story in this. It's light-hearted, nonsensical, humorous, and doesn't take itself seriously at all. A nice change from normal fighting game stories.

Yup expecially:

Hayate: "oh, hello sister, you're in need of some help it seems"

Kasumi:"OHFUCKYOUIHATEMYLIFERUNSAWAY"

Are we even get the the game today on the store?

Can someone check if it's up?

Don't tell i'll have to wait until friday and they forget to update it and will only have the game next wednesday?
They did this with ninja gaiden 2. >_>

Game is not on the store yet ( i'm refreshing like crazy ).. and so far they haven't annonced it on the blog post.. it's not looking good for today.
It's so weird that neither the game nor the demo are on time..

So am I the only one who's getting matches in less than 4 minutes? I just kinda wish the people who I get aren't button mashers who just keep hitting the P button or the counter button. Wouldn't it be better to at least know a few strings before going online? ...but I can't believe I lost two matches two the worst hitomi player ever. >.> But I made it even and then he raged quit. Hate that home stage.

matmanx1

No luck with online ranked for me earlier today so I'm hoping something is borked or the population increases. I've done almost half the tutorial mode and a decent chunk of the story mode and I definitely prefer the Vita dpad over the PS3 dpad. Also, the Hori grip is a pretty fantastic addition to the Vita for a game like this since it adds significant grippable area to the Vita without adding much weight.

Finally, it feels good to get my ass kicked by someone better. I tend to notice better PS3 users than vita players, who are also low ranks as well. But they did have more time with the game.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Any impressions regarding the touch control mode?

It's pretty mindless/stupid. You can actually attack in several different ways, block, throw, and even counter, but you cannot move and it pretty much boils down to tapping the screen rapidly like an idiot. You can also touch the females' chests during their win poses and move them a bit, plus it seems that 5000 touches in this mode = OMG breast bounce unlocked, so it seems safe to say that this mode is just for ogling the character models, lol.

Grr, my flawless fight record has been stained by two consecutive disconnects. It's definitely not my Wi-Fi - had this same freaking problem on the PS3 version pre-patch.

GAHHH

OmegaZero

I was under the impression that this would have self-shadowing due to the screens released earlier, but that is apparently not the case. :/

Oh well. It still looks and plays pretty good.

kuroshiki

Got it.

While not as impressive as console counterpart, this blows any portable fighter I ever played by LARGE margin. Looks fantastic.

BTW is there anyway I can listen my own music while playing this game? Soundtrack has been very subpar. Also the hit sound effect is very muddy.

Skilletor

Got it.

While not as impressive as console counterpart, this blows any portable fighter I ever played by LARGE margin. Looks fantastic.

BTW is there anyway I can listen my own music while playing this game? Soundtrack has been very subpar. Also the hit sound effect is very muddy.

Can't you use the Vita's own music player while playing?

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
So what ever happend to the extreme private gravure movie? Did it come with the jpn version?

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Yes, in the custom soundtrack menu, IIRC.

No, actually custom soundtrack with this game is not possible. You can mess around with the in game songs, but that's the extent of it. Wish they would have taken notes from Tekken tag Tournament 2.

I don't get why Tecmo disables the custom soundtrack feature in all of their games.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
No, actually custom soundtrack with this game is not possible. You can mess around with the in game songs, but that's the extent of it. Wish they would have taken notes from Tekken tag Tournament 2.

I don't get why Tecmo disables the custom soundtrack feature in all of their games.

Seriously? It isn't like the X-box DOAXBV where you had music on the "hard-drive" and selected them through scrolling down the menu? Or Burnout Paradise PS3 where you have to choose "custom soundtracks" to have them with no listing? :/

Omg you can zoom right in and wiggle their boobies with your finger!!

o_0

I need videos of this OMG breasts setting.

It's ridiculous. Tina's idle pose looks like she has speed bags (boxing) taped to her chest.

You can zoom in and squeeze them together! o_O

jsfp5SlIMVWb4.jpg

Top Bottom