• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Plus |OT| ( + )( + )

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
No, he matchmade me in ranked. I was about to start the game since the matchmaking takes FOREVER so I wasn't holding the system and he went back to searching. Lame.

Also just ran into someone that basically kept the game at loading. Had to quit and restart the game. Double-lame.

Argh I'm sorry, I pressed the wrong button when I picked up the controller! I was waiting ages for a match too :( I wouldn't pussy out of a fight intentionally, not when matchmaking takes so long.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
You can shoot me a request, Jilly.

I'm sitting here at matchmaking for a good 5-10 minutes now and nothing picking up. Maybe I should try in a little bit. I've got like 10 more matches to play for Tina's outfit and then it's a 150 slog to Lisa's. :/

Shinriji

Great fights with Jill Sandwich right now. When I finally my Mila went for the critical burst + power blow combo, got schooled by Ayane's lame spin move of death.

TheSeks

Well, I can confirm 50 matches gives you Tina's outfit. Means I got 150 ranked matches to go. Yay. :/

Jill Sandwich

Why do people I've just played and added to the Fighter List NEVER accept a fight request? What good is the Fighter List if nobody responds?

TheSeks

The Fight List is fucked up. You have to do it when they aren't in a lobby or other menus/online mode. It's a little funky.

IIRC you can get that through the fight request of training anyway. But don't quote me on that, it's been a while since I did it.

Basically you want to do it when they're at the main menu.

TheSeks

Yeah, I helped him get it.

Also Fuck Kasumi. Just... fuck her. >:|

TheSeks

The ninjas make me salty. Stupid twirling assholes. >:|

Ehh, sorry Seks, Kasumi's the only character I've ever got good at, and I'm trying to get the 1000 fights title for her. I think I've dropped in skill with her anyway, because I'm not on it so frequently now :/

TheSeks

It's fine. I'm just mad about not having a defense. I gotta work on it more.

I've been playing ranked on this version and not lobbies on the PS3. So yeah...

Jill Sandwich

Thanks for helping me with the throwdown trophy Seks - only 887 online matches to go, complete Survival, unlock Alpha...

Azuardo you're a bugger with Alpha's unblockable swoop! *shakes fist*

matmanx1

I'm just at a loss at what exactly you're supposed to be doing.

Brad Wong can struggle against fast rushdown types. He's one of the slowest characters in the game. A good Brad player will be constantly moving and laying down to avoid attacks so it's helpful to know which of your attacks track and which combos can go either high or low if he ducks.

Brad Wong can struggle against fast rushdown types. He's one of the slowest characters in the game. A good Brad player will be constantly moving and laying down to avoid attacks so it's helpful to know which of your attacks track and which combos can go either high or low if he ducks.

Thanks. I will keep this in mind.

TheSeks

Just punch low, you'll beat most anything Brad tries besides that stupid monkey break-dance kick he does.

Just punch low, you'll beat most anything Brad tries besides that stupid monkey break-dance kick he does.

Ok. I'll try that, too. That Shit is frustrating, though. :/ There's always "that" guy in 3D fighters.

In other news, I just noticed that Hitomi's top goes transparent because of sweat/water/whatever. Not sure if impressed or disturbed...

Ok. I'll try that, too. That Shit is frustrating, though. :/ There's always "that" guy in 3D fighters.

In other news, I just noticed that Hitomi's top goes transparent because of sweat/water/whatever. Not sure if impressed or disturbed...

That attention to detail is just impressive. Can't wait for hyperrealistic Kasumi and pals in DOA 6 on PS4/Durango.

Jill Sandwich

That attention to detail is just impressive. Can't wait for hyperrealistic Kasumi and pals in DOA 6 on PS4/Durango.

And realistic erection physics on the guys as the grappling goes on.

I can't find a definitive tier list Inorigo, looks like people have their own favorites!

man. if they update the game with lobbies, this is the best game on VITA.

the graphics are super nice, the game is seriously amazing. i am really loving it.

just the god damn lobbies so i can play online. i dont want to wait 30 mins for a game. the screen will go bad getting stuck at the same screen for that long " screen burn "

please Tecmo.. fix it :(

TheSeks

They just need to fix the match making. It's hilarious that the PS3 version can find games within minutes, but the portable version takes 10 mins to find the same round with cross-play AND puts it as a 1-bar connection.

I was playing against this guy's Sarah for a couple matches in Ranked and he sent me two blank messages, and then this one:

2zoVY

Can anyone translate it?

DR2K

Banned
I've just been trophy mopping.
Since you can get a good amount without much effort. Going for the OMG trophy than its on to story mode for me.

Also the online search still dissapoints.

Anybody have a tier list handy?

Top: Helena, Jann, VF characters
Upper: Alpha, Genfu, Leifang, Bayman, Kokoro
Mid: Lisa, Bass, Ninjas, Christie, Rig, Mila
Low: Eliot, Hitomi, Zack, Tina, Brad

The difference between top and low is minute. Top specializes in frametraps, advantage. upper has parries, high damage holds, and generally hit like trucks. Mid has a just well rounded characters with no major advantages. Low doesn't have as much, but have their own tools to compete could be great lows, high throws, evasion, etc...

TheSeks

Lag switchers, lag switchers everywhere. Causing me to lose because they start turning their lag on and off thereby slowing their hits to where I can't counter. Wonderful.

It might just be you. I haven't encountered a single one, and I imagine that practicing the timing to safety lag-switch would require more effort than just becoming a better player.

TheSeks

It can't be. The game was butter smooth until I get the life-lead. Then the lag hits and stutters the game as they perform a combo on me to take off life. When they have the life-lead the lag starts to subside until I punish them. Then it comes back.

And I've played plenty of one-bar connections that are almost fine to play on. It's only when lag-switchers happen that the game freaks the fuck up and starts slowing the game down (and in one case causes them to disconnect as I'm kicking their ass and thereby glitch the PSP2 version into a perpetual never-ending round until I reset the game)

Squire

Banned
Top: Helena, Jann, VF characters
Upper: Alpha, Genfu, Leifang, Bayman, Kokoro
Mid: Lisa, Bass, Ninjas, Christie, Rig, Mila
Low: Eliot, Hitomi, Zack, Tina, Brad

The difference between top and low is minute. Top specializes in frametraps, advantage. upper has parries, high damage holds, and generally hit like trucks. Mid has a just well rounded characters with no major advantages. Low doesn't have as much, but have their own tools to compete could be great lows, high throws, evasion, etc...

Thanks, man!

I'm doing Command Training for Lisa and I can't get the timing right on La Quebrada Tormenta Doble. Any tips?

Guess I don't have worry about ranked matches or anything else related to the game for that matter cause the memory card holding the data is gone :/

Top Bottom