• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Plus |OT| ( + )( + )

matmanx1

No DOA for me today =( I had surgery this morning and am still feeling the effects of the anesthesia/drugs that they gave me so my reasoning and reaction time are way, way off.

Using this time to catch up on some RPG's though and will hopefully be back to DOA within a couple of days.

DR2K

Banned
No DOA for me today =( I had surgery this morning and am still feeling the effects of the anesthesia/drugs that they gave me so my reasoning and reaction time are way, way off.

Using this time to catch up on some RPG's though and will hopefully be back to DOA within a couple of days.

Touch fight.

I'm prepared to get my ass pounded by DR2K
grin.gif

EDIT: Slideshow, dude. Eek.

EDIT 2: A little better...?

EDIT 3: Nope.

Does anyone run into this Only1RayRay guy all the time, by the way? No matter he's ranked to S+ so quickly - he's the only one who seems to be able to get any matches :p

OmegaZero

So I completed Akira's command training. Wasn't that bad.
Who else is supposed to be difficult to complete?

EDIT: On second though, trying Akira's combo challenge. :/
Three 1-frame-dependent moves in a row?

Kasumi was in the village

Ah. Okay.
Still am kinda confused. :b

Skilletor

Playing on ps3 tonight, ran into this good rig player. He invited me to a lobby and we played a ft5.

5-0...him. :(

Rig gets me all shook up. Love it.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Finally got to play some GAFfers online. Of course I got my ass ripped open, apart from a star turn with Pai. Thanks Azuardo and Paulink :) When does everyone else play?
It was fun playing! I didn't even know Azuardo was a gaffer, haha.

I haven't picked up the vita version for a while, but judging by what people are saying, it seems like the online is no longer borked, so I should give it another try.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
I had a couple of crashes online last night, one earlier in the evening which reset the PS3, then when I made the GAF lobby first time. I'll make one tonight, but change the settings a bit for more of a breather!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm trying to get Disgaea's "play for 10 hours straight" trophy so I haven't touched DOA5+ all week. :( Sucks they didn't do away with that from the PS3 version since the system will auto-turn off and drains battery just sitting there (along with possible burn in) Ugh.

TheSeks

Care to elaborate on this trophy? The Vita can't even be played for 10 hours straight, unless you have it plugged in.

You can't exit the game. Going to view trophies and settings (anything that doesn't shut the game down, AKA: no other games) seems to be fine. Sleep mode doesn't count toward the 10 hours, obviously. So you have to play the game for 10 hours straight.

I fucked up and closed the game not knowing that trophy so I've been doing it for the past few days at like 2-4 hours a pop. Ugh.

You can't exit the game. Going to view trophies and settings (anything that doesn't shut the game down, AKA: no other games) seems to be fine. Sleep mode doesn't count toward the 10 hours, obviously. So you have to play the game for 10 hours straight.

I fucked up and closed the game not knowing that trophy so I've been doing it for the past few days at like 2-4 hours a pop. Ugh.
Wow, what an awful trophy. Doesn't that type of reward go against all the health warnings these publishers are forced to include in their games?
lol.gif

Added a couple reviews to the OP, btw. Did T-K forget to send review copies or something? So few reputable sites have bothered posting anything.

OSHAN

How is it possible for someone to have 2 wins, 0 losses and be ranked A-? I just encountered one such oddity and handily kicked his/her ass, receiving a handsome GP reward for my minimal efforts.

So weird.

matmanx1

Finished up the Vita version story mode today. Man the realtime cinema's look fantastic on the Vita. I know it's all prerendered but that does not detract from the quality. "Looks gorgeous on dat OLED" is probably played out at this point but it's still very much truth.

I think it's back to Command Training for me at this point as I still have about half the cast left. I haven't even touched Combo training or Touch Fight yet so still lots of single player stuff to do while I am recovering.

Jawmuncher

I've just been trophy mopping.
Since you can get a good amount without much effort. Going for the OMG trophy than its on to story mode for me.

Also the online search still dissapoints.

Plug your Vita into the wall and tape your analog stick to the side. The constant input will ensure that it never goes into sleep mode.

Jill Sandwich

Currently going through Akira's Command Training because I like driving myself insane. I got the 1 frame knee pretty quick, but its the Hantei Goko Tensetsukou (df h+k-p-bbf p+k) that's being an ass. If I could slow down time to enter all those commands in half a second that would be nice!

Edit: Did it, that's him done with - but will I ever do the Izuna Drop?

matmanx1

Currently going through Akira's Command Training because I like driving myself insane. I got the 1 frame knee pretty quick, but its the Hantei Goko Tensetsukou (df h+k-p-bbf p+k) that's being an ass. If I could slow down time to enter all those commands in half a second that would be nice!

Edit: Did it, that's him done with - but will I ever do the Izuna Drop?

Yeah I got stuck with something like that on Lisa today. It's her combo throw that includes a 63214 input, a 46 input and then a full 69874123. I'm just a touch too slow getting on the 360 degree input and can't seem to make my fingers go any faster today.

TheSeks

Plug your Vita into the wall and tape your analog stick to the side. The constant input will ensure that it never goes into sleep mode.

Don't need to do that. Just simply play the game for a few days for like 2-4 hours. If you're grinding in the item world and don't turn the game off (but exiting it/swiping it off) and don't enter a new game you're golden.

I really wish I'd stop running into 1-0 bar connections at Simple Match and Rank Match. Lost to a Hayabusa because I couldn't time shit due to being in a 1 bar connection. FABULOUS. :/

TheSeks

FFS, I can't upload replays at C-? Getting that "upload 10 replays" title is becoming a giant pain in the ass

It's based on leaderboard position I think. Though that's really weird since you can upload Replays freely on PS3 or I'm thinking Facebook/Youtube uploads.

TheSeks

Which makes this even more stupid. Only the top 100 can upload replays? What bullshit

That's how it is in Blazblue and some fighters as well. Yeah, it's stupid but I think it's to cut on server maintenance costs?

Mesharey

I'm trying to do Mila's combo challenge, but I'm stuck in "PP6KTHK", what should I do ?
There's no combo for Mila like that, there's PP6KT. :/

Edit: OK finished it, there IS a combo like that >.>

TheSeks

Sitting here waiting for a ranked match is so annoying. Can't back out to start it again so you have to quit to the XMB and restart the game. Fix this and the matchmaking, Team Ninja. >:|

Sitting here waiting for a ranked match is so annoying. Can't back out to start it again so you have to quit to the XMB and restart the game. Fix this and the matchmaking, Team Ninja. >:|
I've Twitter'd Team Ninja about this, and the lack of lobbies. If everyone else does the same, maybe they won't continue so brazenly ignoring it.

Added the review from the esteemed Gaming-Age, whose relation to NeoGAF I'm still unclear on.

TheSeks

Added the review from the esteemed Gaming-Age, whose relation to NeoGAF I'm still unclear on.

GAF was their board. Then Evilore bought it because GA was going to close it due to too much bandwidth. Thus, (Neo/New)GA(Forums).

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
GAF was their board. Then Evilore bought it because GA was going to close it due to too much bandwidth. Thus, (Neo/New)GA(Forums).

I didn't buy it. The very brief version is that Gaming-Age ceased hosting/running the GAF community in 2000. It was then moderated by a group of volunteers (myself included) while hosted by various sites (who ran the servers and took the ad revenue but had no involvement in the administration) until 2004, when it died unexpectedly and we couldn't recover anything whatsoever. I held a fundraiser and started it back up myself as a fully independent entity in 2004, successfully migrating most of the community over. In 2006 I renamed the site NeoGAF due to Gaming-Age taking aggro from publishers who thought Gaming-Age was still running things.

GrayFoxPL

I didn't buy it. The very brief version is that Gaming-Age ceased hosting/running the GAF community in 2000. It was then moderated by a group of volunteers (myself included) while hosted by various sites (who ran the servers and took the ad revenue but had no involvement in the administration) until 2004, when it died unexpectedly and we couldn't recover anything whatsoever. I held a fundraiser and started it back up as a fully independent entity in 2004, successfully migrating most of the community over. In 2006 I renamed the site NeoGAF due to Gaming-Age taking aggro from publishers who thought Gaming-Age was still running things.

It's worth going into doa threads after all.

TheSeks

Ah, I just heard my version of it from somewhere. Previous "why was it named NeoGAF" threads or something.
--

Anyway, 44minutes spent in searching matchmaking. Played one match
and disconnected as they were about to win because they abused lag to slide-show the entire thing after I bodied them the first round. Fuck you, and yes I MAD.
against a person in ranked that didn't abuse lag or horse-shit online methods.

Team Ninja REALLY needs to fix the cross-play netcode, for real.

Ah, I just heard my version of it from somewhere. Previous "why was it named NeoGAF" threads or something.
--

Anyway, 44minutes spent in searching matchmaking. Played one match
and disconnected as they were about to win because they abused lag to slide-show the entire thing after I bodied them the first round. Fuck you, and yes I MAD.
against a person in ranked that didn't abuse lag or horse-shit online methods.

Team Ninja REALLY needs to fix the cross-play netcode, for real.
The odd thing is that whenever I get someone who does that shit, it's always a Hayabusa player. Like five different peeps, all 'busas.

Weird shit.

I didn't buy it. The very brief version is that Gaming-Age ceased hosting/running the GAF community in 2000. It was then moderated by a group of volunteers (myself included) while hosted by various sites (who ran the servers and took the ad revenue but had no involvement in the administration) until 2004, when it died unexpectedly and we couldn't recover anything whatsoever. I held a fundraiser and started it back up myself as a fully independent entity in 2004, successfully migrating most of the community over. In 2006 I renamed the site NeoGAF due to Gaming-Age taking aggro from publishers who thought Gaming-Age was still running things.
Neat. That more than answers my question - much thanks boss <3

TheSeks

This one was an Ayane that would back step to do that backturn double-flip shit.

What is with the Ninja's and abusing lag?

Whoa, just played a cross-play ranked game with Yohei Shimbori (director of DOA5 and longtime Team Ninja developer) and kicked his ass
lol.gif

I'm going to message him on PSN to add LOBBIES *mad*

TheSeks

Did you really? You sure that isn't someone just using his name as an ID

SO MANY DISCONNECTS. I'm never going to get this 500 matches played trophy with the fact people quit as I'm about to body them or they abuse lag and it disconnects in addition to the long-ass matchmaking time.

Did you really? You sure that isn't someone just using his name as an ID

SO MANY DISCONNECTS. I'm never going to get this 500 matches played trophy with the fact people quit as I'm about to body them or they abuse lag and it disconnects in addition to the long-ass matchmaking time.
Yeah, his ID is TN_Shimbori and his region shows up as Japan. He was also #1 on the leaderboards when the game first came out (had an A+ on day one if I remember correctly).

All I got was a lousy "Thanks for playing" message after ranting about no lobbies :p

TheSeks

Maybe throwing a tweet at The community manager for the UK could get something going?

Tried to cross-play myself (even on a different account on the PS3!) and no-dice. So fucking annoying that the PS3 version can find a simple-match within minutes but the PSP2 version can't. Something is completely up with the day-one patch, no joke.

They should also patch in private matches/invite a friend counts toward the trophies. So stupid they don't and I'd give up on rank matches outside of getting the unlocks in this version if it would let me play private matches for the trophies. Oy.

Jill Sandwich

So lobby matches and private invites don't count? Oof! After whinging about Command Training something clicked and I managed a change of Izuna Drops and Senko Izunas. That wasn't fun! All done but I still need to unlock Alpha, I'm 67 titles away now. Fancy kicking someone off your friends list TheSeks so you can add me?

matmanx1

I completed Tina and Ayane Command Training yesterday and started trying to do some Combo Challenges. Those Combo Challenges are in a different league or something because I'm not having much luck in passing them. I'm guessing it's mostly timing?

And yeah I agree that any noise that could be made about the Vita version needing better online support would be worth doing. I don't know if lobbies are possible at this point but at least improved matchmaking should be a priority. Surely Team Ninja isn't unaware of the problem?

TheSeks

I'm always having to remove people, Jill. :( I'll dive into my list in a little bit and see if I have someone to remove.

Top Bottom