• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Plus |OT| ( + )( + )

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Anyone else having problems logging in? It connects to the Playstation network tries to go online and sits there spinning away with no changing to the online menu and you can't back out.

Hopefully it means they're fixing the netcode for matchmaking and the like. :|

Anyone else having problems logging in? It connects to the Playstation network tries to go online and sits there spinning away with no changing to the online menu and you can't back out.

Hopefully it means they're fixing the netcode for matchmaking and the like. :|
That's been happening since launch (even on the PS3 build). You just have to restart the game.

TheSeks

Finding matches is taking forever today. Only played 1-2 and I need 2 more to have a nice round even 80-90 matches played. :/

Yopis

Been having a blast with this the last few days. Had no real problems with matchmaking so far. Hope It stays that way. Been impressed with this port. Hope they fix this for any having issues lame people can't connect.

Ya, it's been a lot better lately. Maybe your settings are too restrictive, Seks (if you're talking about Ranked - I haven't ventured into Player matches yet).

TheSeks

Keep running into A+ S-'s five times. Yay losing without a move pulled. :/

TheSeks

I have connection quality and all the filters to any. The matchmaking just outright sucks.

YoungOne

Managed to get around to trying the demo and played a few matches online. I'm quite pleased at how they turned out cross played with a person on ps3 all of them went very smoothly with no lag. I'm gonna pick this up.

TheSeks

101 matches played. Need 9 more for Christie's outfit and then it's another 100 for Lisa's. Oy.

Yopis

I haven't run into anyone in this thread on Ranked, and I've already done well over 1000 matches.

Where ya'll be tho

Training dojo lol. Need to start running more ranked game is fun. Hope we get more Vita fighters. Sometimes Its a hassle to pull out fightstick.

TheSeks

Rank F for life.

Yep, after I get the costume achievement and 500 online matches I'm deleting my save to restart at 0 online played F rank and never touching online again. PJSalt.gif

TheSeks

Damn right. S-rank Gen Fu making me mad salty.

I don't like fighters online and I hate the fact my Legendary outfits and beating Legendary on PS3 don't count here to where I have to do these ranked matches. *anger*

Your rank is saved online. I was using a different PS3 and my rank carried over without a save. Went to grab that save ASAP when playing one ranked match wouldn't trigger all those unlocks.

Keep running into A+ S-'s five times. Yay losing without a move pulled. :/
Hey, you're ping-ponging between that Buddha (S-) and cnRai (A+) person too? It's like those two are the only ones online or something.

Went from A+ to A just now because of Buddha owning me like ten times in a row.

TheSeks

Yeah, but I unlocked the outfits offline, to where it doesn't count. Same for the Legendary Survival being beaten. Really weird if it counted for you but not for me.

Hey, you're ping-ponging between that Buddha and cnRai person too? It's like those two are the only ones online or something.

Buddha yeah. I ran into him like 10 times and just put the PSP2 on the floor and let him greatest me after the first three or four times I tried to get some damage on him. Fuck that shit.

Quit for the day at 110 matches played. I got 100 ahead of me in ranked and then I can quit ranked and just play simple matches without care because at least THEN I can rechallenge people without having to dick with the shitty matchmaking. I haven't played cnRai, some person on freestepdodge that is A+ with Lisa. Totally bodied me.

TheSeks

I sold my Vita copy, but still play on PS3. I swear netcode is better on Vita.

So you sold your system as well due to burn-in? That sucks, man. You were like ranked 20th a few weeks ago and then Leona passed you in the leaderboards.

I'm like 500 or so but whatever, I can't care about ranked outside of these outfit unlocks.

TheSeks

I dunno. Hit and miss with me. Some matches with 1-bar is fine. Others are slideshows and stuttery (I swear people are abusing lag-switches in these matches). Majority of matches are 1-2 bars even if the matchmaking says they're 4-5 bars. Really weird.

Don't have problems with the lobbies on PS3.

DR2K

Banned
So you sold your system as well due to burn-in? That sucks, man. You were like ranked 20th a few weeks ago and then Leona passed you in the leaderboards.

I'm like 500 or so but whatever, I can't care about ranked outside of these outfit unlocks.

No I have my Vita. Gotta finish off Persona 4. Then Muramasa.

Yeah I stopped playing it, lot easier finding matches on PS3 thanks to lobbies.

TheSeks

Ah, that sucks. Yeah, hopefully Team Ninja fixes the matchmaking and shit because as it is as soon as I hit 500 matches I'm done with online here and sticking to offline for training and personal enjoyment. Can't stand playing fighting games online
or with others, really

Grisby

Urg, played a dude with 1 bar and it lagged so bad that I waited 5 mins for something to happen and quit out. Now it seems like it's stuck on the 'searching for opponents' deal and there's no button to exit out.

Sigh.

Urg, played a dude with 1 bar and it lagged so bad that I waited 5 mins for something to happen and quit out. Now it seems like it's stuck on the 'searching for opponents' deal and there's no button to exit out.

Sigh.
This just started happening to me tonight. Now it happens every time I try after a reboot. So basically, that's it for online play tonight.

I've never played a game this frustrating and yet so ridiculously, addictively fun at the same time.

EDIT: Resetting the game didn't work, but rebooting the system did.

Grisby

This just started happening to me tonight. Now it happens every time I try after a reboot. So basically, that's it for online play tonight.

I've never played a game this frustrating and yet so ridiculously, addictive fun at the same time.
Hhhmmm, maybe it has something to do with the PSN maintenance deal. I'll try again tomorrow. It speaks to the quality of the gameplay that I wanted to fire it up even after having that happen to me twice.

Funny that the last match I played before my laggy freeze one was a disconnect. I entered the game and the announcer shouts "GREATEST!" and Lei Fang just falls over. 200 something pts on to my D ranking.

Yopis

Hhhmmm, maybe it has something to do with the PSN maintenance deal. I'll try again tomorrow. It speaks to the quality of the gameplay that I wanted to fire it up even after having that happen to me twice.

Funny that the last match I played before my laggy freeze one was a disconnect. I entered the game and the announcer shouts "GREATEST!" and Lei Fang just falls over. 200 something pts on to my D ranking.

Crazy.

TheSeks

:lol Leona friends a person that shoots me a message about trying against them online. Sorry but since you're A+ and Lisa you're just going to style over me when I do 2% damage against you. Why bother with that? Might as well take the loss and wait for the shitty matchmaking to find another person.

been trying to find people as well

if anyone wants to add me psn id is schwall

looking for people to fight with once in a while, such a great port though.

:lol Leona friends a person that shoots me a message about trying against them online. Sorry but since you're A+ and Lisa you're just going to style over me when I do 2% damage against you. Why bother with that? Might as well take the loss and wait for the shitty matchmaking to find another person.
akhi216? He's on GAF, but his account isn't activated yet I think.

His Lisa's fun to play against - not cheap at all. It's usually close between us, but I freeze when my life bar goes below 20%. I had an off night this past weekend and he beat me like 10 times in a row though :p

been trying to find people as well

if anyone wants to add me psn id is schwall

looking for people to fight with once in a while, such a great port though.
addedT

TheSeks

akhi216? He's on GAF, but his account isn't activated yet I think

Yeah him. Sent me a message.

Anyway, tanking my W/L while trying to get through these last 100 matches for Lisa's outfit. FUN!

(You can actually delevel! YAY! I can get my F- back soon)

TheSeks

Whichever, I was a D+ and decided "fuck it, I'm not playing Ranked anymore might as well lose to get these over with" and I've been deleveling since.

TheSeks

LMAO at this S-rank (rhythmik83) actively avoiding me for not fighting. Dude, you get free GP off me. Why not actually fight me and help me level my rank down AND count a match as played?

LMAO at this S-rank (rhythmik83) actively avoiding me for not fighting. Dude, you get free GP off me. Why not actually fight me and help me level my rank down AND count a match as played?
The Zack dude? He's fucking terrible - when I was still an A-, I got like 3000 GP from playing him one afternoon. Now he avoids me like the plague, and is probably running scared from the possibility of losing to someone who would cost him many times more GP per round like you :p

TheSeks

I let him win TWICE with no fighting and he still actively avoids me. Shit is hilarious.

Edit: He's a member of FreeStepDodge as well. So much for the pros wanting easy wins, eh?

Top Bottom