• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

Did you happen to buy anything else, like a character or anything, apart from core fighters? I know in some cases, to avoid duplicate purchasing, they will prevent you from buying other packs of things, even if you want to, if you already bought something within that pack.

It seems odd since I had actually "bought" core fighters then bought the $40 upgrade to ultimate a few days later when I had the funds, but this was on US PSN and not Euro/German/whatever PSN.

Hmm that's actually a good practice by Sony so people don't get screwed over. Though I'm not aware that I bought anything else, the only other thing that I got with my Core Fighters purchase was strangely enough a Kasumi Bikini outfit. Maybe nobody tested the system properly on German PSN and it messes itself up since Core Fighters suddenly costs money here, the ingame PSN store looked pretty broken too :/ Either way looks like I have to get the game bit by bit which I don't really mind aslong as I pay the same amount of money :p

I would really love to get the physical copy so I can take it to friends but it seems crazy rare here :(

Oh and are the DLC characters worth it? I've been playing since DoA2 on the PS2 and only ever mained Ayane, Kasumi and Jann Lee.

Hmm that's actually a good practice by Sony so people don't get screwed over. Though I'm not aware that I bought anything else, the only other thing that I got with my Core Fighters purchase was strangely enough a Kasumi Bikini outfit. Maybe nobody tested the system properly on German PSN and it messes itself up since Core Fighters suddenly costs money here, the ingame PSN store looked pretty broken too :/ Either way looks like I have to get the game bit by bit which I don't really mind aslong as I pay the same amount of money :p

I would really love to get the physical copy so I can take it to friends but it seems crazy rare here :(

Oh and are the DLC characters worth it? I've been playing since DoA2 on the PS2 and only ever mained Ayane, Kasumi and Jann Lee.

It's nice for variety and practice. Honestly, unless you HAVE to have story mode, you could skip it since it's fairly dumb. Maybe just pick it up later.

It's nice for variety and practice. Honestly, unless you HAVE to have story mode, you could skip it since it's fairly dumb. Maybe just pick it up later.

Well I have played DoA 5's story and I'm generally not too big on story-modes in fighting games (with the exception of Persona 4 Arena and Soul Calibur) so I guess I could skip that easily, especially since Arcade Mode is available. All I really want are the characters so you make a good point :eek:

Well I have played DoA 5's story and I'm generally not too big on story-modes in fighting games (with the exception of Persona 4 Arena and Soul Calibur) so I guess I could skip that easily, especially since Arcade Mode is available. All I really want are the characters so you make a good point :eek:

Story mode is exactly the same as n DOA5. The save carries the info over and everything.

Well you just saved me 14.99€, thanks! :D I guess I will just invest it into the DLC Character(s)? I know this Marie-Rose is one, are there others?

Just MR so far. The Kasumi clone isn't even out in arcades yet, AFAIK, so who knows when that will happen. If you're at all thinking about buying outfits, get the pack for MR that includes her outfits, too.

Just MR so far. The Kasumi clone isn't even out in arcades yet, AFAIK, so who knows when that will happen. If you're at all thinking about buying outfits, get the pack for MR that includes her outfits, too.

Okay, again thanks for all the info! :) I will get MR then, as for costumes, I'm fine with what is there so unless I have some left-overs I won't buy any though it's good to know there's a pack for her too.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
1st place
10320587_523954094375347_2267891006361969916_n.jpg
2nd place
3rd place
4th place
5th place
6th place
7th place
8th place
9th place
10th place

I really like 10th and 3rd. 1st and 9th are cool designs too but not really my cup of tea. The rest are way too mundane, IMO.

Any news on the arcade release of Phase-4? I'm hoping the next character announcement isn't too far off.

Z3M0G

Looking for assistance please!

Problem 1: own DoA5 disk version, installed to my ps3 and some old costume sets purchased. When DoA5U released, I had immediate access to most characters. I later unnstalled DoA5 disk version and lost access to those characters in Ultimate... reinstalled the disk, they did not come back. What am I missing here?

Problem 2: I purchased the "All Costumes" pack for $10 last night with the deal, but these costumes are still locked... I realized they likely need to be downloaded individually, but they are each still full priced on the store. Am I missing something here too?

Thanks!!!

Skilletor

Looking for assistance please!

Problem 1: own DoA5 disk version, installed to my ps3 and some old costume sets purchased. When DoA5U released, I had immediate access to most characters. I later unnstalled DoA5 disk version and lost access to those characters in Ultimate... reinstalled the disk, they did not come back. What am I missing here?

Problem 2: I purchased the "All Costumes" pack for $10 last night with the deal, but these costumes are still locked... I realized they likely need to be downloaded individually, but they are each still full priced on the store. Am I missing something here too?

Thanks!!!

Problem 2: you have to download the compatibility packs. They let you see costumes you bought.

Z3M0G

Problem 2: you have to download the compatibility packs. They let you see costumes you bought.

Are these the catalogues? I downloaded a bunch of those too... didn't seem to make a difference.

Right now I have 6 characters unlocked in DoA5U... the 4 free ones, and two near the middle of the roster (don't even know why)

I really hope to figure out Problem 1 though... how to get access to all those characters back...

The extra 2 free ones are timed unlocks from TN. They rotate characters every couple of weeks or so, so that people can try out different characters on the F2P system.

But as for your problem, I'm not entirely sure. Have you tried going to your downloads again and reinstalling the costumes?

I have had one issue in the past with having a German DLC for one of Kasumi's costumes, and it worked on my UK DOA5 for a while. Then eventually it stopped working and it won't come back.

Galdelico

This is just my opinion and I don't expect to be that much agreement on it but still... I think this competition really brought up one big flaw of DoA5, and I mean the lack of a proper 'costume design'.

It's not a bad thing to plan a massive costume-DLC schedule but when it's not supported by a strong artistic vision it quickly shows up for what it is: just... clothes.
It's surely debatable wheter they all looked good or not but - until DoA4 - most of the character outfits were actual design works and (to me, at least) quite memorable. In DoA5/Ultimate they range from nice-yet-fairly-generic to completely forgettable.

And now that DoA5 players have been called to design their own costumes for the game, well... They really are all over the place. From banana-Akira to simple edits of already existing assets (7th place Helena), you can see how these artists free-styled in a no man's land.
No doubt, I still like many entries but I hope Team Ninja will do a better job with DoA6 under this regard: they have amazing character models but - no pun intended - they could fight in their underwear and look just as charismatic as they do in their latest 9 euros DLC pack.

Z3M0G

The extra 2 free ones are timed unlocks from TN. They rotate characters every couple of weeks or so, so that people can try out different characters on the F2P system.

But as for your problem, I'm not entirely sure. Have you tried going to your downloads again and reinstalling the costumes?

I have had one issue in the past with having a German DLC for one of Kasumi's costumes, and it worked on my UK DOA5 for a while. Then eventually it stopped working and it won't come back.

Maybe I experienced a bug that unlocked many of the characters for me and it was patched... or maybe there was a limited time with a large number of characters playable... something to that nature.

In the end, I really need to buy the game to get access to all/most characters. Correct? I could just buy the one I want to play I guess... but I purchased the "All Costumes" DLC, so I'd like to have access to them all... but I still need to figure out why I can't see these costumes on the 4 free characters and rotating 2 characters, at the very least....

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Did you check the previous page, or just posting for the new page? lol

Anyway, I really loved this one, which didn't win. But TN did repost it as the Kasumi runner-up. Hope they consider it for a costume.

10277601_520487881388635_7802908904144887831_n.jpg

Lol I actually missed it XD

Mesharey

Maybe I experienced a bug that unlocked many of the characters for me and it was patched... or maybe there was a limited time with a large number of characters playable... something to that nature.

In the end, I really need to buy the game to get access to all/most characters. Correct? I could just buy the one I want to play I guess... but I purchased the "All Costumes" DLC, so I'd like to have access to them all... but I still need to figure out why I can't see these costumes on the 4 free characters and rotating 2 characters, at the very least....
Yes, you need to buy the game to get all characters, I think there's an offer right now?

Are you sure that you downloaded all the free catalogs?.

Dantis

Did you check the previous page, or just posting for the new page? lol

Anyway, I really loved this one, which didn't win. But TN did repost it as the Kasumi runner-up. Hope they consider it for a costume.

10277601_520487881388635_7802908904144887831_n.jpg

I was hoping this one would win. I actually really dislike the Kasumi one that won. Doesn't fit her at all in my opinion.

Mesharey

I'm more than half way through and I gotta say, I'm not exactly oozing with excitement for her right now. Although I know it's very early. Has she ever really been playable before or am I just thinking of past Alt outfits for Kasumi?
Phase 4 no, but she uses costumes that Alpha Kasumi used.

Z3M0G

Think there is a chance in hell that a PS4 version would come, and all the DLC will carry over?

I spent $55 yesterday on full unlock and a costume set... feeling pretty dirty about it...

Think there is a chance in hell that a PS4 version would come, and all the DLC will carry over?

I spent $55 yesterday on full unlock and a costume set... feeling pretty dirty about it...

I dunno, I think the fact that there are a couple more characters to come (Phase 4 and probably someone else, I think), could mean they'll do a PS4 version to keep us going till DOA6. Frankly, though, I'd rather just have DOA6 now. I've had my fill of this one really.

Vlaphor

"Potential Wet T-Shirts", the costume pack...

wait a sec...looks like Rachel is getting a cheerleader costume. Okay, that's a purchase, but nothing else probably

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Looks like they're beginning to go the Rumble Roses XX route and are just going to release the same costumes for everyone. :/

Camp Lo

Banned
Haven't played or kept up with this since launch DOA5 but how active is the PS3 community and is there a chance of this coming to PS4/X1?

Skilletor

Haven't played or kept up with this since launch DOA5 but how active is the PS3 community and is there a chance of this coming to PS4/X1?

I played last night, found tons of lobbies open. With throwdowns on, I got lots of matches while playing in training, but when searching for ranked matches I couldn't find anything.

Camp Lo

Banned
I played last night, found tons of lobbies open. With throwdowns on, I got lots of matches while playing in training, but when searching for ranked matches I couldn't find anything.

How's the lag? Again, I haven't played since vanilla DOA5 at launch but has Ultimate fixed those connection issues? I'm really considering going back unless PS4 picks this up.

Skilletor

How's the lag? Again, I haven't played since vanilla DOA5 at launch but has Ultimate fixed those connection issues? I'm really considering going back unless PS4 picks this up.

Pretty bad a 3 bars or lower, playable at 4 bars, good at 5 bars. Still feels like a different game than offline, and worse if you are playing a grappler.

AAK

So I entered DOA5 at Toryuken 3 despite only having around 10 hours to play since I got it. I went 2-2 and eliminated 2 regulars just by using VF fundamentals haha. Apparently Sarah is very cheap in this game?

I lost to this Alpha player. I had no idea what that character is doing. Everytime she got knocked down she teleported so I have no idea how to apply any oki on her. And then she had this grab that has her leg-scissoring me followed by slamming her fists repeatedly on my head. I had no idea when it came out or anything and it almost always looked like an attack haha. And then to top it all off she kept doing this cartwheel string on me and I swear I was trying to mid-kick-hold it but it never came out... I then assumed it had be punishable but I couldn't even jab punish her either lol. How do I fight this character?

Hubb

So I entered DOA5 at Toryuken 3 despite only having around 10 hours to play since I got it. I went 2-2 and eliminated 2 regulars just by using VF fundamentals haha. Apparently Sarah is very cheap in this game?

I lost to this Alpha player. I had no idea what that character is doing. Everytime she got knocked down she teleported so I have no idea how to apply any oki on her. And then she had this grab that has her leg-scissoring me followed by slamming her fists repeatedly on my head. I had no idea when it came out or anything and it almost always looked like an attack haha. And then to top it all off she kept doing this cartwheel string on me and I swear I was trying to mid-kick-hold it but it never came out... I then assumed it had be punishable but I couldn't even jab punish her either lol. How do I fight this character?

Nobody likes to play against Alpha,
I don't like to play against Alpha
. Wish I could tell you more about how to fight against her, but I thankfully rarely play against her. If I remember correctly you can sidestep(?) the cartwheel move.

Kumubou

I just wish the throwdown requests were more obvious, I get plenty of games but about half of the requests don't get picked up because you can barely notice them in training mode, never mind if you're playing arcade or survival or something. That and a lot of the matches found are really laggy... it should work a lot better than it does.

AAK

Nobody likes to play against Alpha,
I don't like to play against Alpha
. Wish I could tell you more about how to fight against her, but I thankfully rarely play against her. If I remember correctly you can sidestep(?) the cartwheel move.

Hmm I can sidestep it mid string? It's like 3-4 cartwheels, if I block the first and I can SS any of the others?

Also, I forgot to mention she did this throw that did what felt like over 50% of my health. It was my fault though, he read my hold and did the grab where Alpha shoved this super charged hadouken into my skull. I was so mindfucked haha.

Top Bottom