• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

Ultimadrago

I just wanted to post the collaboration that Galdelico and myself have been working. (Mostly Galdelico, since it's his fantastic artwork.)

omI2mJ9.jpg

It probably doesn't have a chance against the sexy female costumes, but I'm very pleased with it. Huge thanks again to Galdelico for providing the artwork. You guys should definitely check out his other stuff too.

See? told ya :)

I like the outfit design, btw!

Haha, dude once again thank you for the super kind praise, I just very literally followed your concept and suggestions so it all goes to you. That was alot of fun! :)

For those who aren't of FB, is there a gallery where I can have a look at all the entries? I've seen really good stuff on Free Step Dodge.

That's real nice work throughout your Tumblr, Galdelico! Really cool of you to help out Hours.

And I believe you can stalk their Twitter account to see a number of entries (though I'm not sure all).

Bassun

I'm considering getting DOA5U: Core Fighters and the Million Fighter Set. If I bought the set, are there still things missing from the costume list and do I have to still buy the story mode?

I'm considering getting DOA5U: Core Fighters and the Million Fighter Set. If I bought the set, are there still things missing from the costume list and do I have to still buy the story mode?
You'd get the costumes from vanilla DOA5 and DOA5+ on Vita, so you'd still need the DOA5U dlc outfits, and Marie Rose of course. I'm not 100% sure on story mode but I have a feeling it's not included.

Bassun

You'd get the costumes from vanilla DOA5 and DOA5+ on Vita, so you'd still need the DOA5U dlc outfits, and Marie Rose of course. I'm not 100% sure on story mode but I have a feeling it's not included.

The Million Set + Story mode ends up making the game cost as much as retail....

The Million Set + Story mode ends up making the game cost as much as retail....

Yes, BUT, getting it retail wouldn't give you all of the 5/5+ DLC's.

Speaking of which, I wish the costume set retroactively worked on 5+. It's incredibly stupid it doesn't.
Besides 5u doesn't have touch battle.

Bassun

Yes, BUT, getting it retail wouldn't give you all of the 5/5+ DLC's.

Speaking of which, I wish the costume set retroactively worked on 5+. It's incredibly stupid it doesn't.
Besides 5u doesn't have touch battle.

Ah, in that case that's a much better deal. Having it all on the HDD also adds to the convenience factor so that's a plus

Galdelico

That's real nice work throughout your Tumblr, Galdelico! Really cool of you to help out Hours.

And I believe you can stalk their Twitter account to see a number of entries (though I'm not sure all).
Thank you and as I said to HL many times, it's been a pleasure for me. :)
Shame it was so close to the deadline (my bad, I only read HL's latest post) because I would have liked to finish it up as a proper clean illustration but hey.

And sure, I'll check out their twitter. I've seen very cool entries for Tina, Sarah and Bass and I'm looking forward to see how they will do in the end.

Thank you and as I said to HL many times, it's been a pleasure for me. :)
Shame it was so close to the deadline (my bad, I only read HL's latest post) because I would have liked to finish it up as a proper clean illustration but hey.

And sure, I'll check out their twitter. I've seen very cool entries for Tina, Sarah and Bass and I'm looking forward to see how they will do in the end.
No worries man, it looks stellar. My cat scratches wouldn't of even been recognizable. XD

They accepted our entry BTW, so fingers crossed.

shaowebb

Here's hoping with Tecmo Koei testing the PC waters with Dynasty Warriors that DOA eventually hits PC. If so...outfits will happen. Modders wouldn't be able to resist.

Man if we got a DoA5U that was cross compatible with the PS3 versions... And didn't get left in the upgrade dust super soon like 5+ did... I'd be so happy.

Kumubou

they wouldn't be able to sell any dlc if modders get their paws on it. won't happen.
I think they should go the other way -- embrace the modded costumes completely. Do a PC port, give it full Steamworks and Steam Workshop integration, and entice the modders to come into the system. People could then sell their own outfits for characters in the marketplace, and Koei-Tecmo would get a cut of every transaction. Modders would be able to go wild (not as wild as a completely unmoderated system, but on the plus side, they could get paid), KT would still get their DLC sales and everyone wins. I don't think they would ever go that route -- in the past, Team Ninja was very anti-modding. To the point where they would go after hackers who put up hacks for the older games -- but that was all before Itagaki left. It would work out very well for them if they tried it, though.

ShinMaruku

I can get some of them nude mods now.
Really putting this out for pc would mostly be a PR thing with most of the sales and consumers tied up.

Hey guys, streaming on twitch for the first time ever.

Also, I haven't played in nearly 2 months. Hilarity shall ensue.

http://www.twitch.tv/gafchuck

Come on over and tell me how much I suck and am not following the meta.

Edit: Holy jesus wrong thread, been streaming dota 2, haha, sorry guys.

stn

Okay, how the heck do I do Akira's move which says:

H + K (release H in 1 frame).

I'm trying to do all the command training exercises but I'm having problems with him, Hayate, and Hayabusa. Thanks.

GrayFoxPL

Okay, how the heck do I do Akira's move which says:

H + K (release H in 1 frame).

I'm trying to do all the command training exercises but I'm having problems with him, Hayate, and Hayabusa. Thanks.

You need to tap h+k and release h after 1 frame while still holding k. You must do this in 1/60 of a second. Good luck.

Is that move just a joke/easter egg of some kind, because it's not as if any person could pull that off 100% of the time, whenever they wanted to. Is it actually a good move/worth trying to use in a fight?

GrayFoxPL

Is that move just a joke/easter egg of some kind, because it's not as if any person could pull that off 100% of the time, whenever they wanted to. Is it actually a good move/worth trying to use in a fight?

No it's an old VF move, knee launcher. Yes it's a great move. Pros can use it at will, though it was meant for arcade sticks where you smudge the buttons slightly and it comes out. It can be done on a pad if it has good buttons.

Kumubou

It can be done with macro's on a pad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdZV_YkXKVI
I like how this input is invalid in two ways, and it works anyway. The knee comes out without ever letting go of guard, and he manages to hit kick twice without ever releasing the first input.

I know there's at least one other instance of dumb stuff happening because double inputs are allowed. Thankfully, there are no characters with moves that happen on button release (like Balrog TAP or Hilde's charge moves in SC) or this would get real stupid.

stn

Anyone else having issues with XBL this weekend? Every time I try to put the Marie Rose DLC in my queue it doesn't. Soon afterwards I get disconnected, 2nd day its happening.

My friends always laugh because in this and TT2 I'm always in the swimwear whenever I play...they would get so mad at this.
I use violet in the thong along with christie in her bikini...

I'm pretty terrible at DOA5. which is odd because I was decent in DOA2, 3 & 4

I main Leon, any tips? at least his air grab is easier than it was in DOA4

ShinMaruku

Leon's thing is putting people into walls for good wall damage and great throws he can sit you down and pick you up and the sort. You just need to know when to counter throw and other things and make launches for his catch throw into a wall where you can go to town.

Almost tempted to buy the Tina/Lisa/Christie bikini DLC because there's no way I'll get them any other way.

My internet sucks too much for ranked, and legend AI + no continues is bullshit of the highest order.

Almost tempted to buy the Tina/Lisa/Christie bikini DLC because there's no way I'll get them any other way.

My internet sucks too much for ranked, and legend AI + no continues is bullshit of the highest order.

I don't think there's anyway to download them. You can play the amount of online matches to get them though
50 for Tina
100 for Christie
200 for LIsa

When you get Lisa's costume you will have also unlocked every other costume at that point too. They unlock at other milestones..

Looks like Virak's Kasumi one is sailing ahead.

Man, this is so difficult. I want to choose so many Kasumi ones!

Some people are voting for costumes for the same character more than once, so I wonder how TN is gonna counter that.

Top Bottom