• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising 2 |OT|: He knows his way around a zombie or two.

WEGGLES

Alex said:
I dont think the bosses are cheap at all, they're really rough the first time, but when you learn their gimmick then get back to them a little stronger the next time they go down like nothing

The Chef especially for me, railed me back to back to back the first time but on the next pass I didn't even use a healing item.
What's the gimmick of that dude with the glass in the bathroom?

Salsa

Zeliard said:
No gifts for Katey? Heartless bastard.

i didnt knew about those :(

mentioned it in the spoiler tag

what are they ?

also wow at some of you guys levels at the ending, i think i was something like 29 or 30, did i finish it too fast or what ?

James-Ape

show some balls, man
JADS said:
Do you have the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package installed? If not do so and see if that works.

I got it working very late last night, deleting deadrising2.exe.cfg lets me start of the game. But now I can't sign into Windows Live in the game. I am signed in on the Windows app, but the game keeps giving me a message along the lines "you are not signed into a windows live account..." and when i click "sign in" nothing happens (though thankfully it doesn't freeze)

Any hints?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
EnjoyIncubus said:
Does anyone know how the suit of armor works? Once you unlock all the pieces, does it stay in your clothing locker forever, or is it just a one time use thing?

I unlocked the helmet and am able to put it on through the bathroom in the safe room, I'd assume the rest follow suit.

WEGGLES said:
What's the gimmick of that dude with the glass in the bathroom?

Even though he was the first boss I fought, I still found him the hardest so far(up to case 5). You just can't get greedy, only hit him once or twice after he lunges at you, just run around and hit him on his recovery. You don't need the dodge roll, if anything it's probably too slow for him anyway.

The boxer gloves + bowie knife is a great combo weapon for pretty much every boss fight, so try that if you're not already.

SalsaShark said:
i didnt knew about those :(

mentioned it in the spoiler tag

what are they ?

also wow at some of you guys levels at the ending, i think i was something like 29 or 30, did i finish it too fast or what ?

I'm a level 27 on 5-1 right now. I restarted once around level 10, but that's it. You get a lot of PP from gifts to katey and survivors. I've saved the majority of them so far(for reference, I have 42 saved at this point, you have 21 total) along with pretty much always using combo weapons for insane amounts of PP every kill.

As for what they are, they're just things a kid would like. I don't know how many there are, but look at stuff in the kiddy stores and take stuff back and see if you can give it to her. The giant stuffed animals are the most obvious, but there's stuff like the toy horse poles and marbles that she took from me too.

onken

Played about 4 hours last night, fucking kick-ass. Seems easier than the first one, no? Just completed Zombrex 2, am level 11 now and rescued about 12 survivors. I haven't had to restart yet and I only died once when I fell off a scaffold on 1hp.

The amount of zombies is fucking insane, and the combo weapons are stupid fun. My one gripe about the weapons would be that regular kills gives you zero pp, I appreciate it's designed like that to encourage the use of combo weapons, but still a teeny bit would be nice. Anyway, gonna be back at it today, can't wait.

Looks like the coop dropping is only when it accesses the hard drive. My friend has an arcade and when he saves on the built in memory it's fine.

Salsa

Yeah, probably the tension of the time limit got to me so i didnt saved a lot of people. Guess ill start the story again with the current stats at some point.

Salsa

Zeitgeister said:
*looks at screen.*

No, you didn't. (finish it)

Ooo-vertiiiiiiiiiiime

Yeah crap. Fuck
TK and his Zombrex, i thought he didnt deserved it

I dont know if i have a savefile right before that, fuck :(

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
What am I supposed to do for One Hit Wonder?
She wants me to spiffy up, does she want me to find a suit?

Ridley327

Papercuts said:
What am I supposed to do for One Hit Wonder?
She wants me to spiffy up, does she want me to find a suit?
Talk to the assistant on the stage. She'll tell you what you need and where you need to go.

Can I count that one as a psychopath battle? I think it should just because of how ridiculous it gets. :lol :lol :lol

ezekial45

Banned
Ridley327 said:
Talk to the assistant on the stage. She'll tell you what you need and where you need to go.

Can I count that one as a psychopath battle? I think it should just because of how ridiculous it gets. :lol :lol :lol

Should i have killed her afterward? I just left with the other survivors, while the zombies went after her.

Ridley327

ezekial45 said:
Should i have killed her afterward? I just left with the other survivors, while the zombies went after her.
If you get the zombies off of her, she can be persuaded to join your group as a survivor. Everyone in that mission is worth a lot of PP, so you might as well bring her along.

Rickard

Anybody else find the Ghosts n goblins easter egg?

put all the armour and the beard on chuck and you get extra armour over your health, then once you take enough damage it all falls off.

Funny as hell.

Jaroof

Rickard said:

put all the armour and the beard on chuck and you get extra armour over your health, then once you take enough damage it all falls off.

Funny as hell.

Also,
Chuck is wearing boxers with hearts on them
:D

Unrelated:
I hope they release some DLC that lets you get some new moves or something.
The level 50 move didn't seem like it was suited to be the last one.. imo.
That, and it seems like I reached level 50 way too fast.

Salsa

I think im starting a new game+ tomorrow to get the S ending + all the psychos. Should go fast if i start at level 30 am i rite ?

WEGGLES

SalsaShark said:
I think im starting a new game+ tomorrow to get the S ending + all the psychos. Should go fast if i start at level 30 am i rite ?
Shouldn't be too difficult. And if you skip scenes it'll be real quick.

Alex

Rickard said:

Funny as hell.

Haha, that is neat.

Sigh, I want another Maximo...

PSGames

Man I'm shocked at how great the game looks. Looks much better than the demo did. Any details on the resolution and AA used?

Took this with my EVO.

2zpio90.jpg

duckroll

I just beat the game. It was SO GOOD. As a huge fan of the original Dead Rising, I have just about zero complains about the sequel. It is exactly what I wanted, and was fucking awesome all the way through. Will definitely be replaying it after Overtime to get the stuff I missed. Oh, I guess I lied about beating it, since there's still OOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRTIIIIIIIIMEEEEEEEEEEE! :lol

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Jeff Stephen said:
Was entering Day-4 on my 2nd playthrough with only 6 survivors left to fill up the notebook.

are the survivors persistent from game to game (i.e you only have to save them once) or do you have to do them all in one playthrough?

Jaroof

WEGGLES said:

How the hell do you get 20x as many fucking zombies in one go?!

-Buy a key to a car, bike, or SUV.
-Run over zombies until vehicle breaks.
-Repeat.

Just like in the original.. well, that was the easiest way, anyway. :p
It's gonna get really repetitive, but I don't know of any other ways.

Oh, and I LOVE the sound design in this game. Everything fits together so well. I'm glad I have a surround sound system for this :D
Everything sounds just as it should. I wonder how long it took for them to collect all of the sound data o_O

njean777 said:
kinda new to the series just started out tonight, where do i find the psychos?

Some, you'll have to find for yourself. Most of them will show up when you pull out your watch, though.

eek5

mrklaw said:
are the survivors persistent from game to game (i.e you only have to save them once) or do you have to do them all in one playthrough?
Your notebook stays the same as long as you restart from end of the game and no randomly from main screen but you have to save everyone over again.

AnimatorZombie

Neo Member
Had an awesome night of lag-free/issue free co-op (something Halo Reach can't seem to accomplish using the exact same connections). Very Satisfied.

Aaron

ZombieSupaStar said:
FUCK THIS GODAMN CHEF BOSSSSSSSSSSS GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
Odd. He was the easiest boss for me so far. My survivor posse just wailed on him, and I speared him from behind.

James-Ape

show some balls, man
James-Ape said:
I got it working very late last night, deleting deadrising2.exe.cfg lets me start of the game. But now I can't sign into Windows Live in the game. I am signed in on the Windows app, but the game keeps giving me a message along the lines "you are not signed into a windows live account..." and when i click "sign in" nothing happens (though thankfully it doesn't freeze)

Any hints?

I figured out that changing the <SSA>1<SSA> tag in the .cfg file to <SSA>0<SSA> lets me run the program without windows freezing right on startup. It still won't let me do anything about signing into GFWL though, even if I have signed in outside of the game. SSA must be server side authentication right?

It wouldn't be so bad if i could just play the game and save while waiting for some sort of patch, but I can't even save or make an offline account.

bunbun777

Loving the game so far- have hit lvl 50 and am about to start a 3rd playthrough-- only need 3 more entries for a full notebook.

Feels great with the time limits, on my second runthrough I purposely failed case 1-2, and had plenty of time to take out all psychos and rescue all survivors except 3, which wasn't due to time, but me missing them outright.

Now I'm going to really start exploring and finding where everything is-

ZombieSupaStar said:
FUCK THIS GODAMN CHEF BOSSSSSSSSSSS GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
I was in the same boat you are in. First time i went there he beat my ass with that pan of his. second time i followed what everyone on here is saying and just grabbed a crew of 3 people armed them with assault rifles and watched the hilarity happen. He went down SO fast. However id love some tips on the guy in the
church
That guy makes the chef look like a teddy bear.

Jaroof

Bliddo said:
Use the boxing glove + bowie knife
This. Best weapon for psychos.
And it's easy to make. A bowie knife is found just outside the safe house, on top of one of the stands. It's the brown one that has the health magazine in it.

eek5

APZonerunner said:
The final boss is proving to be a real problem for me, even at Level 40.
if you get on the ledge next to the platform you can snipe him and take your time healing

right on the edge of the bottom ledge he can't shoot you sometimes....

MMaRsu

eek5 said:
if you get on the ledge next to the platform you can snipe him and take your time healing

right on the edge of the bottom ledge he can't shoot you sometimes....

Depends on who you think is the last boss..

eek5

MMaRsu said:
Depends on who you think is the last boss..

for him i drink a quickstep before opening the last door which will help with initial kiting

i beat him with only punches, basically just ran in circles and got him to do his run thing and hit the wall then came at him with punches. you can punch him 5-6 times then roll away and he'll get off the platform almost everytime

if you want an easier job you can grab a lead pipe or 2x4. one each side is a loop. when you run into that he'll set off pyrotechnics but they loop in one direction so you have to see which direction it is coming from and go the opposite direction

also when he does his large swing attack you can jump towards him and get to his backside to avoid it 90% of the time

you only really have to wind the crank once as well and if you want getting pinned and getting out of that quickly is a good way to get some free hits on him while hes in front of the crank

eso76

Strategy for the bosses ?
6 survivors following me since the first day, all equipped with LMG and shotguns (except the stupid girl who won't leave her golf club) . I was wrong when i said they would kill each other, they unleash hell on zombies and bosses go down FAST.
I just have to be careful with a couple of them i hit a few too many times accidentally and can't take more than one or two hits before turning in on me.

Top Bottom