• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space 2 |OT| The Marker Is Not A Sharpie

Dartastic

MDavis360 said:
No-you only update your "Rig", and that gives you more to your base HP and Air. The Suits that you get add incremental inventory and HP increases-but also have abilities. The HAcker suit requires one less hack, and the Security Suit gives more damage to the Pulse Rifle, etc.
So in other words, since I'm not using the Pulse Rifle the suit is not worth it for me, and the further suits will unlock later even if I don't buy the Security Suit. Right?

I keep hearing good things about this game. Almost to an irritating extent.

But I can't muster up the will to play it or any "full" game.
The only games I really am into are NHL 11 or something like that. I don't know why.

Maybe it's because I'll be forced to collect everything, replay every difficulty, etc.

Sad times.

venom2124 said:
What bonus items are supposed to be received after beating hard core?
It seems to be some extra suits. I don't understand why EA would do this, are they seriously trying to discourage people from buying the PC version? Bullshit like this shouldn't exist now days...

epmode

EA and PC stuff is infuriating.

I can only imagine that they don't think it's worth their time to come up with a legitimate DLC system for this game so they'll just fuck over all of the PC players rather than go with Steamworks which would do most of the work for free.

It's not the first time they've done this, either.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
If I was a pc-wiz I would deep into dead space 2 innards and have a look.

What is the "reedem code" option even there for? In the pc version that is.

edit : I usually only scoff at these, but once in a full moon they affect whoever they're supposed to persuade.

So neogaf, show the EA that things should be equal across all platforms when it comes to content : http://www.**************.com/ds2pc/petition.html and of course you can guess what's behind the asterixs'

Owensboro

Anyone know what the actual time of a stasis recharge is before upgrading? I'm wondering if it's worth getting the -10 seconds upgrades on Hard difficulty. I saw the number "100 seconds" floating around the internet but I'm not sure.

Edit: I got lazy and found my stopwatch. Recharge time is indeed 100 Seconds from the instant you fire a Stasis shot. That means the upgrade takes it down to 80 Seconds. I'm thinking at this point the extra shot is more important then taking off 10 or 20 seconds. Time to keep upgrading my Rig and Plasma Cutter instead!

The question now though is, does a second Stasis shot reset the recharge timer..... anyone know? God I love this game.

Corky said:
If I was a pc-wiz I would deep into dead space 2 innards and have a look.

What is the "reedem code" option even there for? In the pc version that is.

edit : I usually only scoff at these, but once in a full moon they affect whoever they're supposed to persuade.

So neogaf, show the EA that things should be equal across all platforms when it comes to content : http://www.**************.com/ds2pc/petition.html
redeem code got me my pre-order bonus rivet gun.

i'm very much enjoying DS2 on PC (hells yeah about this game being MADE for MLAA). i was expecting to miss out on DLC suits, but i'm surprised they curbed on-disc suits.

maybe they didn't have room for them with all the high resolution textures they filled two DVDs with?

codecow

Before you judge the PC version please make sure the source for your information has actually purchased the game. Cracked copies may not function properly.

Corky

x3sphere said:
My guess is, PC will get the DLC eventually, but a few months late. As usual.

hell I don't mind that, ds2 is going to stick with me for years. But the prospect of never ever taking part in what others will really pisses me off.

Corky

codecow said:
Before you judge the PC version please make sure the source for your information has actually purchased the game. Cracked copies may not function properly.

Oh I don't think anybody is judging the game per se, I and many others have praised how well the game looks and runs on the pc, however given the fact that singleplayer dlc ( current and future ones ) seem to be glaringly omitted on the pc for some bizarre reason is annoying.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Am I right to assume that SP stuff appears on PC if I've logged into EA network? Steam prompts me with the key every time I start the game but there was no place to enter it.

Zeliard

Peeps with the PC version, how's the mouse control this time around?

Dead Space 1 is literally the only shooter I've ever played on PC using a dual analog gamepad, since mouse was so nightmarishly sluggish no matter what I did. It was fine, since it's a generally slow-paced game, but I'd really rather use kb/m for any shooter.

JohngPR

Can anyone tell me where the iPhone Dead Space game takes place in the timeline? I know it takes place after DS1, but not sure if it takes place before or after Dead Space Aftermath.

SuperÑ

OptionN, ShiftN
Zeliard said:

It works as it should.

Although im finding a little bit difficult the movement with WASD as i beat the first game in X360.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Zeliard said:

Dead Space 1 is literally the only shooter I've ever played on PC using a dual analog gamepad, since mouse was so nightmarishly sluggish no matter what I did. It was fine, since it's a generally slow-paced game, but I'd really rather use kb/m for any shooter.

It's better but there's still lag if you vsync or triple buffer the game. It's playable though, I wasn't able to play Dead Space 1 on PC. Also in-game sync locks the game at 30 fps, so you have to disable it and use d3doverrider to get vsynced 60 fps experience with almost unnoticeable lag. But it's definitely there.

By the way the lag in DS1 was present even if you tried to play vsynced game with a controller.

The game looks beautiful though and sound makes my table vibrate sometimes.

Gribbix

codecow said:
So the hardcore bonus items aren't missing from the PC version? I'm not sure what you mean by the cracked comment since I purchased DS2 legitimately from Steam and the schematic for the Elite engineer suit is not where it's supposed to be in NG+. That said, the PC version looks and runs great. I think we're just miffed at the missing content and lack of 'Severed' DLC.

burgerdog

codecow said:

I love your game, except for the last 3 chapters. However, do you mean to tell me that my Steam version is cracked? Because I can assure you that the elite suits are not in the game. I checked.

edit:

What's the reasoning behind pulling that stuff out of the pc version, anyway? I can live with not getting the dlc titled "severed" or something like that, but taking suits that are on disc in the console version? Come on, that's bullshit.

Now that I think about it, when I beat the game and was prompted to save to unlock new game+, the game TELLS YOU about the Riot suit and the Elite suits being unlocked.

Zeliard

subversus said:
It's better but there's still lag if you vsync or triple buffer the game. It's playable though, I wasn't able to play Dead Space 1 on PC. Also in-game sync locks the game at 30 fps, so you have to disable it and use d3doverrider to get vsynced 60 fps experience with almost unnoticeable lag.

Yeah, it was the same sort of deal in DS1.

My problem with DS1 though was that no combination of vsync/triple buffering reduced the input lag to where it wasn't hampering my enjoyment of the game. I do have a certain level of expectation when I'm playing a shooter with a mouse that it controls smoothly, and if it doesn't, it's just horribly noticeable to me (probably all those years of Quake).

Good to hear that it isn't as bad this time around, though I'll have to judge it for myself when I play it. This game has been really getting some glowing impressions, so I'm anxious to check it out. I adored the first game.

Dartastic

Muffdraul said:
Neglecting to open any and all node-locked rooms warrants punishment.
Wrong. There was one in chapter 6 I believe, that was right outside a save point. There was nothing really vital in there, and I'm glad that i saved my node for powering up mah gunz.

Muffdraul

Dartastic said:
Wrong. There was one in chapter 6 I believe, that was right outside a save point. There was nothing really vital in there, and I'm glad that i saved my node for powering up mah gunz.

It's random, like the lottery. You can't win if you don't play.

Zeliard

In the first game I always made sure I had at least one extra node on me just for those locked doors. I plan on doing the same here.

ezekial45

Banned
Zeliard said:
In the first game I always made sure I had at least one extra node on me just for those locked doors. I plan on doing the same here.

Yes, do it often. I missed two doors, and i was too far from any stores.

Carnby

without spoiling anything, could someone answer a question for me? During Chapter 6...

there is a woman that Issac meets up with. her name is Ellie. you find her blasting monsters in the mall. is this the same woman who tricked into finding her, only to have you arrested?

Muffdraul

jaekwon15 said:
without spoiling anything, could someone answer a question for me? During Chapter 6...

there is a woman that Issac meets up with. her name is Ellie. you find her blasting monsters in the mall. is this the same woman who tricked into finding her, only to have you arrested?

Nope.

Zeliard

ezekial45 said:
Yes, do it often. I missed two doors, and i was too far from any stores.

Yeah, in the first game it was almost always worth sacrificing an upgrade to get the stuff the locked rooms held, which sometimes included schematics.

There was only one locked room I entered in DS1 that had relatively crappy stuff in it, and it was memorable specifically because it was so rare not to get something cool.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I just got into one of those rooms in chapter 8, it had a vintage suit schematic and a gold semicondoctor. I died, and when I went into it again it had the schematic, a ruby semiconductor, 3 medkits, and 2 power nodes. I'll take it!

Muffdraul

Dartastic said:
...it was the only one I didn't go in. Maybe I should have just reset my console and gone in again. :p

Actually I just saw a post on another forum where someone was claiming that there's one particular node room that's bugged- you can unlock it and grab everything, save, quit, reload, and the room will be re-populated with new random loot.
Oh shit... I hope codecow doesn't see this...

codecow

Muffdraul said:
Actually I just saw a post on another forum where someone was claiming that there's one particular node room that's bugged- you can unlock it and grab everything, save, quit, reload, and the room will be re-populated with new random loot.
Oh shit... I hope codecow doesn't see this...

Cheaters never prosper.

codecow

Gribbix said:
So the hardcore bonus items aren't missing from the PC version? I'm not sure what you mean by the cracked comment since I purchased DS2 legitimately from Steam and the schematic for the Elite engineer suit is not where it's supposed to be in NG+. That said, the PC version looks and runs great. I think we're just miffed at the missing content and lack of 'Severed' DLC.

I am looking into this, but in general I stand by what I said earlier as well.

I also have a legit STORE copy of DS2 that i went out and bought

Going to be digging into that once i'm done with DS1 which i also bought from the STORE with DS2.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
codecow said:
I am looking into this, but in general I stand by what I said earlier as well.
I paid 60$ without hesitation day 1 for you game on PC. I also beat it day 1 because I was that hooked. I also immediately began a second playthrough upon completion. I will buy the Severed DLC if you guys release it on PC. Please tell your superiors not to ignore paying PC gamers.

Hyllian

I'm at the beginning of chapter 9, but I'm almost running out of ammunition.

Would be better reload some earlier save or go on as is?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Is the Hacker Contact Beam the same as the normal one? It's free so if so I'll just sell the old one off for free credits if so.

BadTaste105 said:
Reading through the posts and I see hardly anyone talking about the scariness of the game, so is it even scary? lol.

The "scary" factor of dead space was usually just from jump scares, which are still in 2. But it really comes from build up, the amazing sound design, and being put into scenarios where you're scrounging for ammo on the brink of death for most of the game. One enemy type in particular makes these scenarios really pronounced, and I'd say it brought me to a point DS1 never did.

Top Bottom