• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space 2 |OT| The Marker Is Not A Sharpie

Also the weekend deal is Dead Space 1 with 66% off or 75% when you also order the pre-purchase of Dead Space 2.

Edit: Steam DRM

GAME CAN BE PLAYED ON UP TO FIVE COMPUTERS AT THE SAME TIME; USERS CAN MANAGE WHICH COMPUTERS ARE AUTHORIZED OR DE-AUTHORIZED TO PLAY GAME. VISIT http://activate.ea.com/deauthorize/ FOR MORE INFORMATION ON DE-AUTHORIZATION. EA MAY PROVIDE CERTAIN INCREMENTAL CONTENT AND/OR UPDATES FOR NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE, IF AND WHEN AVAILABLE.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Too bad I don't have the money to put down on the first run. :/

I really hope I luck out and get a copy with Extraction in a few months. Is EA going to sell Extraction on the PSN store for $15 or so otherwise? Because I have no plans to buy the Wii version.

vocab

ashbash159 said:
Also the weekend deal is Dead Space 1 with 66% off or 75% when you also order the pre-purchase of Dead Space 2.

Edit: Steam DRM

GAME CAN BE PLAYED ON UP TO FIVE COMPUTERS AT THE SAME TIME; USERS CAN MANAGE WHICH COMPUTERS ARE AUTHORIZED OR DE-AUTHORIZED TO PLAY GAME. VISIT http://activate.ea.com/deauthorize/ FOR MORE INFORMATION ON DE-AUTHORIZATION. EA MAY PROVIDE CERTAIN INCREMENTAL CONTENT AND/OR UPDATES FOR NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE, IF AND WHEN AVAILABLE.

Stealth securom just like what they did with BC2

dream said:
For $60 you'd think they could at least throw in Dead Space 1 for free.
It's $60 not $50 in the US!?

Over here in England it is the correct £30 (PC games) rather than £40 (consoles).

Sorry for you guys over there.

Massa

TheSeks said:
Too bad I don't have the money to put down on the first run. :/

I really hope I luck out and get a copy with Extraction in a few months. Is EA going to sell Extraction on the PSN store for $15 or so otherwise? Because I have no plans to buy the Wii version.

The second run of the game will come with a Dead Space Extraction demo so presumably it will be available on PSN then. They're probably waiting a few weeks to release it to avoid even more confusion.

I would also bet that about a year from now there'll be an ultimate edition with Extraction and some DLC included.

Weenerz

Banned
I'm so conflicted. I want this game, real bad. But I want to see a message to EA because of the way they handled DAO2 for Steam.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I finished Ignition earlier I take back what I said about it being kind of fun. The beginning was alright but it got annoying quick. The story was also pretty worthless and not told well. Oh well. At least I didn't pay for it and I'm getting the Hacker Suit now.

AwShucks

Weenerz said:
I'm so conflicted. I want this game, real bad. But I want to see a message to EA because of the way they handled DAO2 for Steam.

And you want to hurt Visceral in the process, possibly risking no more Dead Space products in the future? Just buy it, support what you like so you can get more of it.

Guess I'll wait for the DRM to be removed. I think the system is flexible aside from being tied to an online account. However to me it is just an inconvenience on legitimate customers that I have no interest in supporting. Steam's solution is fine, and it strikes me as laziness that they aren't making it congruous with the vast majority of Steam's other products (and some of EA's own). As if they made one build for the retail version and they're just putting that on Steam for a quick and dirty buck. Considering the multiplayer's likeness to L4D I figured they would have tried harder.

Apologies, Visceral. Game looks great and I was excited to play it.

Cheech

Damn it. Steam, $60.

If I buy it:

1. Support Dead Space team.
2. Support Valve, and EA putting future games on Steam without screwing around.

$60 is a bitter pill to swallow, though. I really, really want to wait for a sale. The physical copy of the game off Amazon is $3 cheaper, FFS, even though I personally find Steam more convenient.

What to do, what to do.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Massa said:
The second run of the game will come with a Dead Space Extraction demo so presumably it will be available on PSN then. They're probably waiting a few weeks to release it to avoid even more confusion.

I would also bet that about a year from now there'll be an ultimate edition with Extraction and some DLC included.

They better.

Extraction does use the DS3 right? Because I have no interest in waggle.

kamspy

$60. Yikes. At least it's on Steam. Normally I wouldn't buy it, but with tax return season being in effect, it might just happen.

FYI your fellow Brit GAFers will likely gift you the $48 version of Dead Space from the UK store if you ask kindly. I don't accept PayPal but I'd be willing to do it for anyone- though I imagine PayPal is more convenient for yourselves. If you all chipped in and purchased Dead Space for one british GAFer I assume they could gift to everyone at the discounted price this weekend

Weenerz said:
You want to send them the message that they should put their new releases on Steam, by not buying one of their new releases on Steam?

Whoa, couple new things that I missed while I was at school... so for those hoping for a Steam release... well, you got it.

Buying Dead Space 2 will let you unlock 'Ser Isaac' in Dragon Age 2:

5374085918_66f171e963_z.jpg

Ser Isaac's Armor

The chilling tales of Ser Isaac of Clarke are a favorite of bards performing in the wee hours of the night. In dank taverns throughout Thedas, these horror-filled stories captivate listeners and bring nightmares to those faint of heart.
Properties:

* Ser Isaac’s Boots
o Increases armor
o Requires high dexterity and cunning
* Ser Isaac’s Armor
o Heavy Armor
o Contains a rune slot
o Increases armor
* Ser Isaac’s Gauntlets
o Increases armor
* Ser Isaac’s Helm
o Contains a rune slot
o Increases armor
o Critical damage factor

Video at this link:

http://dragonage.bioware.com/addon/#

And damn you, Square Triangle... I still have to wait 4 more days.

acevans2

What put me over the tipping point on preordering this is the fact that I need something to play on Move.

I think Amazon goofed on my account credit... I should have only had $20 for preordering LBP2, but I got $40 off Dead Space 2. Total came to $14.90. With release-day delivery. Amazing.

codecow

Square Triangle said:
I love how 'codecow' is pictured in the multiplayer on the 360 box. His gamertag will get flooded now.

I love it too, it helps to build my brand. I have had some rad interactions (on 360) like:

kid: can i have a beta code?
me: the beta was ps3 only and it ended 3 months ago
kid: how are you playing ds2 already?
me: i work on it
kid: no you don't
me: you're right, i don't

Much love for the kids!

codecow said:
I love it too, it helps to build my brand. I have had some rad interactions (on 360) like:

Much love for the kids!

Hahaha, that's awesome.

codecow said:

Much love for the kids!
Normally I would reply to a post like this with the old laughing .gif, but now I'm going to tell you that if I could have, I would have.

Lol Codecow, awesome. as soon as I saw that I got all geeked for the MP once more. Loved the beta, you planning on playing with both versions or a particular one?

Curufinwe

TheSeks said:
Extraction does use the DS3 right? Because I have no interest in waggle.

I can understand you not wanting to buy the Move just to play Extraction, I don't either. But it's a light gun game not a waggle fest, and I can guarantee you that moving the cursor around on screen with an analog stick is not going to be nearly as precise as pointing with the Move wand.

slider

Woohoo, I too have received an email telling me the supplier doesn't have the standard issue available to my pre-order will be met by the limited edition.

I've only ever ordered one LE/CE before (Alan Wake) so am ever so slightly chuffed.

The was Amazon UK btw.

codecow said:

Much love for the kids!

Bwahahaha!!

Square Triangle said:
The CE box is sooo small =[ also the Ps3 version has custom soundtrack and only. 2.7 mb install! Woot.
mrv5fm.jpg
Oooo... next week that will be mine. Can not wait. :D Also, I love the thread title. xD

luxarific

Nork unification denier
codecow said:

Much love for the kids!

So evil.

codecow

Square Triangle said:
Lol Codecow, awesome. as soon as I saw that I got all geeked for the MP once more. Loved the beta, you planning on playing with both versions or a particular one?

I mostly will be on Xbox as I have one in my office at home.

My store is doing a midnight release for DS2. Give me some ideas for anything cool to do?

Planning on displaying the game on our large HDTV, we have random Halloween decorations of limbs and a strobe light.

ashbash159 said:
It's $60 not $50 in the US!?

Over here in England it is the correct £30 (PC games) rather than £40 (consoles).

Sorry for you guys over there.

50 euros here, with consoles at 60. Which is quite normal these days.

Except for Activision, which sells Black Ops at 60 euros on Steam. Eek.

But the difference was 40 euros for PC to 60 euros for consoles when the euro was introduced (this remained standard until.. well, this gen). The "10 bucks difference" might still be appealing, but that's ignoring the added extra 10 bucks to pay for it. The console prices have remained the same though and even seem to be sold at lower starting prices these days.
There is something odd about selling consolegames at lower (relative) pricing than PC games, but I guess that's legitimized by volume or such.

Btw, $60 is 44 euros. So I'm not quite seeing the outrage from my perspective. It's almost worth an entry in the gift thread. In particular if the price should come down relatively quick.

At least it's on Steam now.

edit: I take it back. After checking retail prices, turns out those are still just 40 euros. That's not promoting online sales at all.

CrunchyFrog said:
How big is not playing DS1 prior to this? I've already played both demos but found DS2 to be the superior game, IMO

You should play it (cause it's an awesome game), but if you don't have the time or patience, watch the recap video in the OP to get up to date.

brandonh83 said:
How rough is the first game on hard? Just started it, it's the last trophy I need.

It's not frustrating or anything, can get overwhelming at times but just take your time.

Anyone know if you'll be able to carry over your items when you beat DS2 onto another save file once you beat it? I hated how DS1 was done- I beat the game, let me use the shit I worked for.

Square Triangle said:
It's not frustrating or anything, can get overwhelming at times but just take your time.

Sounds manageable.

And holy shit, didn't know until now that the guy who voiced Hammond is the dude that gets thisissparta-kicked in 300.

Square Triangle said:
My store is doing a midnight release for DS2. Give me some ideas for anything cool to do?

Planning on displaying the game on our large HDTV, we have random Halloween decorations of limbs and a strobe light.

Fog machine, scraps of sheet metal with fake blood on it, uh... CEC logos? Oh! Have a marathon of The Thing, Event Horizon, and Alien/Aliens on some TVs. Have someone record Ishimura-esque messages and play it over some speakers, uh... that's all I got so far.

Square Triangle said:

Get someone to hide behind vents and make noises.

naib

Playing through DS on my PS3, waiting for Steam to finish downloading the same game. Bought DS1 again mostly just to see how it looks on my monster PC.
pre-ordered DS2 on Steam
edit: 10 mins left

Should I just try it with my wired 360 controller, or is it worth tweaking for m+kb?

Damn, I love this game.

Top Bottom