• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space 2 |OT| The Marker Is Not A Sharpie

Another question about the original, can you take a cleared game and start the game on hard mode with all your stuff? And is hard the difficulty you have to play through to get the Epic Tier 3 Engineer trophy?

brandonh83 said:
Another question about the original, can you take a cleared game and start the game on hard mode with all your stuff? And is hard the difficulty you have to play through to get the Epic Tier 3 Engineer trophy?

Nope =( Nothing carries over. More details here.

All this talk is pushing me to do a quick run through- damn it Brandon I don't have time for that this week. Stop!

Zzoram

Cheech said:
Damn it. Steam, $60.

If I buy it:

1. Support Dead Space team.
2. Support Valve, and EA putting future games on Steam without screwing around.

$60 is a bitter pill to swallow, though. I really, really want to wait for a sale. The physical copy of the game off Amazon is $3 cheaper, FFS, even though I personally find Steam more convenient.

What to do, what to do.

You're actually thinking about this? $3 to upgrade to the Steam version is a no brainer.

Zzoram

dream said:
For $60 you'd think they could at least throw in Dead Space 1 for free.

Far Cry 2 came with Farcry for free with pre-order. It can be done, and should be for old games not selling anymore since giving it away to boost pre-orders of a new game would make more money than they could ever hope to make selling their old game once a month.

Square Triangle said:
Nope =( Nothing carries over. More details here.

All this talk is pushing me to do a quick run through- damn it Brandon I don't have time for that this week. Stop!

Bwahaha. Thanks for the link though. I'm thinking about getting the Tank suit off the PSN to help.

Square Triangle said:
Might be a good idea for the impossible run, I just used the obsidian suit (PS3 one).

On the subject, what are some of the cooler downloadable packs to get? I'll have to smack $5 or 10 on there anyway, might as well go all out.

Minamu

Steve Papoutsis is apparently gonna host a live show with cool stuff in three days on facebook :D

Here.

Heh, Weenerz's avatar kinda looks like a necromorph :D
jeffabed-thepuppetavt.gif

Arsin

Is the PS3 version of Extraction being updated for the new console? I know it is getting move support, but what about the graphics? If not I could play through it on the Wii before this comes out on Tuesday.

Luthos

Wait, you can use a DLC armor for the Epic Tier 3 Engineer trophy?

I was thinking of doing another run on Dead Space before DS2 comes out. I still need that trophy and the One Gun one. Doing those together would be easier if I could use one of the DLC armors.

kuYuri

Luthos said:

I was thinking of doing another run on Dead Space before DS2 comes out. I still need that trophy and the One Gun one. Doing those together would be easier if I could use one of the DLC armors.

I used the PS3 exclusive armor without issue.

Replicant

USF said:
steelbook?

Doubt it. They'd have advertised the hell out of it if it's steelbook. My guess it's cardboard pack that you can unfold so that it'd revealed the picture of Isaac shooting at the Necromorphs who are chasing him out of the ship and into the atmosphere.

TBH I am not sure about this.

I LOVED the first game... but I feel that some games should not get sequels (Bioshock for example). Not sure if I want to return to the DS universe for more. It might lessen my memories of the first game, some things are best left dormant. Plenty of other things to play...

Also I am back to ignoring any EA game ;)

Luthos said:

Impossible isn't that hard even just using the plasma cutter, actually I think it's one of the best weapons, and works for most situations.You'll still die quite a bit, but the game has forgiving checkpoints and save stations.

Actually on Chapter 6 or 7.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
for those who care ; euro-gaf ; the game is 50 euros in steam but 30 euros on direct2drive.

I'm an avid user of steam, bought like 80 games or so during the sale but direct2drive will almost always have better prices on brandnew games compared to steam, and it seems to be a perpetual 30 euro / 50 euro split in d2ds favor.

And for that I believe they deserve atleast some recognition so go forth and buy.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
NemesisPrime said:
TBH I am not sure about this.

I LOVED the first game... but I feel that some games should not get sequels (Bioshock for example). Not sure if I want to return to the DS universe for more. It might lessen my memories of the first game, some things are best left dormant. Plenty of other things to play...

Also I am back to ignoring any EA game ;)

Well bioshock 1 -> 2 , was objectively a step down in quality.
But people are comparing ( might aswell be pre-release hyperbole ofc ) the jump in quality between ds 1 and 2 to that of uncharted 1 and 2.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Zzoram said:
You're actually thinking about this? $3 to upgrade to the Steam version is a no brainer.
YOU'RE actually thinking about this?! Paying MORE money to "own" a digital copy rather than a real, physical copy?

Jesus, this line of thinking is scary. Publishers are going to love you.

Massa

dark10x said:
YOU'RE actually thinking about this?! Paying MORE money to "own" a digital copy rather than a real, physical copy?

Jesus, this line of thinking is scary. Publishers are going to love you.

What exactly are the advantages of owning a "real", physical copy of a PC game?

MarshMellow96 said:
Has this been mentioned anywhere? 'Players who pick up Dead Space 2 will receive a one-time activation code to unlock the [url="http://www.gamesradar.com/pc/dragon-age-2/news/dead-spaces-isaac-clarke-sneaks-into-dragon-age-2/a-20110120184018373093/g-2010070893233136058]Ser Isaac of Clarke armour in Dragon Age 2'[/url].

That link doesn't work, I found this:

http://www.gamesradar.com/pc/dragon.../a-20110120184018373093/g-2010070893233136058

Thanlks tho, great news, I like this crossover stuff!

codecow

Minamu said:
Steve Papoutsis is apparently gonna host a live show with cool stuff in three days on facebook :D

Here.

Heh, Weenerz's avatar kinda looks like a necromorph :D
jeffabed-thepuppetavt.gif

If this is the Monday show I will also be on it.

Minamu

codecow said:
If this is the Monday show I will also be on it.
Cool, I've already stalked you on facebook so ;) Hehe. Check out my thread I made the other day if you want :D

Edit: Seems like ign is getting hammered. Can't load the review page at all.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
This better not become available late on Tuesday on Steam. I don't have class at all on Tuesday so it would be sick to spend the whole day on it.

Massa said:
What exactly are the advantages of owning a "real", physical copy of a PC game?

A physical copy can't be revoked at the publisher's leasure.

Then again, Steam already captures this with its infinite ownership. Still, Steam can go offline, whereas the physical disk cannot.

Just read the IGN review. Got me super-hyped for the story. I love story-driven games with strong characters/protagonists, so the review definitely excited me. I fixed as much of the OP as I could (Screenshot section is uh, offline until further notice, ie I find another way to fix it), and added IGN review to the Reviews section.

JRW

Loudninja said:

"Dead Space 2 is pretty much the best haunted house attraction ever. Visceral stripped out the stuff that slowed down the original game (backtracking, getting disoriented, etc.) and ended up with a fast-paced game that's suspenseful and scary at the same time."

Hmm so its super linear now?

Oh well im sure thats not a big deal.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
MarshMellow96 said:
I felt that it made the world feel consistent.
Yeah, and there are few games that nail the atmosphere as well as DS1 so I give it a pass. Anyways, I'm fine without it in DS2 since the scale seems to be a bit more epic.

Top Bottom