• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadpool |OT| Like Batman With Guns

Xbudz

ChTST5U.jpg

It's like Sonic, with guns.

Aske

This is exactly what I need to play right now. Pre-ordered, because I want to support everything to do with this game. I'm a huge fan of DP (lol), but the game also gives me warm and tingly PS2 nostalgia vibes. It reminds me of the days when budget third-person action games could still be gory and goofy, full of personality, and legitimately fun to play.

Organon

Neo Member
So did anyone buy this game? Any impressions? Somehow there isn't a lot of information out there about this game.

Dave_6

Wasn't closed, just suffered layoffs. Although I expect it will be closed if/when this bombs. Standard practise from Acti, if two/three games bomb in succession, studio is closed down/gutted.

That's a shame; the Transformers games, especially the 2nd one, were great IMO.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
1.00 AUD = 0.60 GBP

So £18 in Australia then ? :p If I was determined to get it I'd ask a kind gaffer to gift it to me after paypalling the cash but I'm not dying to get it, just yet.....

£33 at Game, £35 for the Mercenary edition.

Thanks man, still too much for my liking though. Activision really do take the piss sometimes. You can't even get a good deal on GMG (as it's non existent on their)

This is exactly what I need to play right now. Pre-ordered, because I want to support everything to do with this game. I'm a huge fan of DP (lol), but the game also gives me warm and tingly PS2 nostalgia vibes. It reminds me of the days when budget third-person action games could still be gory and goofy, full of personality, and legitimately fun to play.

Yep. It reminds me of that PS2 era the Punisher game. I hope its gonna be good as much as the Punisher was. Even though i have a huge backlog, i will still get it.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Yep. It reminds me of that PS2 era the Punisher game. I hope its gonna be good as much as the Punisher was. Even though i have a huge backlog, i will still get it.

Be still my beating heart. Good ol Volition. I would love another Punisher game so much :(

TimmiT

Minimum Requirements for PC please!

From the Steam product page:
Minimum:

Processor:Intel Core 2 Duo E8200 @ 2.66 GHz or AMD Phenom X3 8750
Memory:2 GB RAM
Graphics:GeForce 8800 GT series with 512 MB RAM or ATI Radeon HD4850 with 512MB RAM
DirectX®:9.0c
Hard Drive:7 GB HD space
Sound:DirectX® 9.0c or later
Other Requirements:Broadband Internet connection
Additional:Internet connection is for Steam only. No online MP.

Recommended Requirements aren't listed though.

GamerSciz

Completely forgot about this game. Maybe I will check it out via Gamefly. Can't imagine it getting many scores above an 8 though. We shall see.

Oh man, if this is even remotely close to be as much fun as Punisher, this could be one of the best games of the year.

Be still my beating heart. Good ol Volition. I would love another Punisher game so much :(

Right? Such an epic game. I had so much fun with the finishers.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man, if this is even remotely close to be as much fun as Punisher, this could be one of the best games of the year.

Right? Such an epic game. I had so much fun with the finishers.

Absolutely, I just love The Punisher/Frank. One of my favourite Marvel comic book characters. I even forked out the cash for him in Marvel Heroes :p

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
So is this out? When is it out? Is it good? Would I care if it isn't? So many questions raised.

I'm probably going to pick this up as a rental regardless, but I'm hoping for it to be descent. I also enjoyed 90% of the Daniel Way run, giving me high hopes for the humor too.

I hope this is good. I was watching some footage people had from E3 and some of the running and jumping animations looks very stiff :(

I had no idea this game was coming out so soon. Doesn't seem to have a budget price here in Sweden so I have to hold off on it for a bit since I just got The Last of Us. Will definitely pick it up though.

I hope this is good. I was watching some footage people had from E3 and some of the running and jumping animations looks very stiff :(

That was one of the first things I saw and thought as well :\

Oh well, 37.50 at Toy's R Us (online, at least) isn't too bad of an entry point to get this hopefully wild ride. I will support DP whenever, wherever.

Lima

Fuck it just ordered this game. Looks like fun and the achievement list is hilarious. Sry backlog you are am cry.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Yo, as someone who has never read Deadpool before, what comics should I read?

I'm reading through the first volume of Posehnpool and liking it. Also, Deadpool Max.

I want to be excited for this game, but Daniel Way kinda deflates my hype. I'll wait for some story/writing impressions before jumping on it. It's inevitable that I get this on Steam eventually, it's just a matter of what price I'll pay.

Top Bottom