• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadpool |OT| Like Batman With Guns

So I just looked at the first 30mins of the game since some dude got an early copy and has posted a walkthrough of it, and the game looks ok. The humor is funny as heck, the guy playing the game wasn't laughing because he seem like he was taking it to seriously but I wasn't. After looking at that game it just looks like your everyday movie tie-in game. I know it's not a movie tie-in but I'm just saying that it looks like one of those types of games.

I might pick it up if it goes on sale on Steam, and if it's really good then I might pick it up for $40 for PS3 that I see someone posted earlier.

Hope the game is as good as that Wolverine game a long time ago, that was a really good game.

Kurod

Banned
Watching a walkthrough on youtube.
If your not a fan of way....this isnt going to change your mind about him

But Im liking what I see combat wise and ive already chucked a couple of times. I will defo pick this up.

Spoilers:- This clip will either sell you the game or put you off entirely.

Just watched more videos from him and this game just shot up a few notches on my desire meter. That Curious about Cable achievement video was great.

Lerozz

Just watched more videos from him and this game just shot up a few notches on my desire meter.

Same here. Watched the first 15 minutes. Looks more fun than in the first gameplay footage. There it seemed to be more sluggish and Deadpool was kinda hovering around. Here it looks fluid, graphics are okay and servicable, digging the humour (pretty new to Deadpool). Depending on the overall length I might get it Day Uno to show some support for Highmoon. They are a solid studio.

Just watched more videos from him and this game just shot up a few notches on my desire meter. That Curious about Cable achievement video was great.

Now that is funny. I am a little weary of buying this before seeing some reviews, but the lets play videos make the game looks pretty enjoyable. I am not a huge deadpool fan, but overall tone of the game seems very entertaining. I have probably bought worse superhero games for more so I think I will pick this up.

Really cool to see Mister Sinister in this game!

Tizoc

So I just looked at the first 30mins of the game since some dude got an early copy and has posted a walkthrough of it, and the game looks ok. The humor is funny as heck, the guy playing the game wasn't laughing because he seem like he was taking it to seriously but I wasn't. After looking at that game it just looks like your everyday movie tie-in game. I know it's not a movie tie-in but I'm just saying that it looks like one of those types of games.

I might pick it up if it goes on sale on Steam, and if it's really good then I might pick it up for $40 for PS3 that I see someone posted earlier.

Hope the game is as good as that Wolverine game a long time ago, that was a really good game.

Yeah well the Raven Software Wolverine game was a movie tie-in game as well, and is far better than the movie itself ;)

ElRenoRaven

Yup I can't wait now. That let's play was just insanely awesome. Shame they didn't show the game off more. Would probably help sell it.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Got this pre-ordered. Honestly, I'm not expecting much. I just want a bunch of stupid fun, DeadPool style, and I'm hoping this delivers on that front.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Has the hype died now?

Gotta come out first. Not a lot of media for us to talk about until it's out.

Ended up buying it on Steam. Prefer buying for my console, as weird as that is, but 10 dollars cheaper plus some money on my steam account made it easy.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Not for me it hasn't. In fact I'm so hyped I'm buying it twice. Once on PS3 and the other on Steam. That's how damn hyped I am.

I want to get it, but I won't get it for the 60 euro retailers are listing it for right now. If Americans get a discount, so should we.

ElRenoRaven

That's a whole lotta hype.

Yes it is. Top two favorite comic book characters are Iron Man and Deadpool. So I'm hyped no doubt.

I want to get it, but I won't get it for the 60 euro retailers are listing it for right now. If Americans get a discount, so should we.

Yea that has to suck for you guys. I know here it's 50 on consoles and 40 bucks on PC. That I feel will be the proper price range too. It's obviously not going to be a GOTY type game. I'm ok with that too. I wish more games would realize that and follow this one's lead by having lower prices for them.

Jamie OD

Haven't seen the achievement/trophy list but this looks like the kind of game that would have a lopsided achievement score just to mess with people. Something like the hardest or most obscure achievement being worth 43 points, can only be achieved under bizarre circumstances and then insults you for putting in the effort to get it.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Haven't seen the achievement/trophy list but this looks like the kind of game that would have a lopsided achievement score just to mess with people. Something like the hardest or most obscure achievement being worth 43 points, can only be achieved under bizarre circumstances and then insults you for putting in the effort to get it.

That's because DeadPool treats everything, including achievements, as a joke.

Achievements are inherently lopsided anyway. That's why only something like TrueAchievements.com gives legitimacy to Achievements.

Karak

Same here. Watched the first 15 minutes. Looks more fun than in the first gameplay footage. There it seemed to be more sluggish and Deadpool was kinda hovering around. Here it looks fluid, graphics are okay and servicable, digging the humour (pretty new to Deadpool). Depending on the overall length I might get it Day Uno to show some support for Highmoon. They are a solid studio.

Graphics are actually very good, all things considered, though there is some frame-rate hitching at times but its pretty rare overall.

Tizoc

Heads up US, the PSN Store will be updating TODAY due to maintenance starting on Tuesday, hope Deadpool will be up as well XO

Don't shoot me because while I love comic book games, I don't read any of the comics. I know it is a crime and I won't be able to fully appreciate all of the game but I just haven't gotten around to it. I will be getting this game though, it looks awesome.

Gartooth

I really really am on the edge for this game, love what I'm seeing so far as it's one of those fun looking games that doesn't take itself seriously and just wants you to turn your mind off and enjoy it. Waiting on reviews/GAF impressions before going in though.

Yeah here is the exact quote

Our teams worked hard over the weekend to ensure that this update can be released later tonight (night of June 24). This will allow you to hop into the store tonight ahead of tomorrow’s store update post, and pick up your purchases prior to the Tuesday downtime. Since this is an early update, be sure to take advantage of any current sales now, while you can. We recognize that Tuesdays aren’t the best day for these, but it was required. As noted, we did our best to ease the pain that this may cause.

legbone

been lurking in here and trying not to succumb to buying this game. don't know much about deadpool (never read his comics) but the videos of this game are funny as hell. i love the wolvie and cable vids. and the teaser in the ot looks kind of awesome. i really don't need to pick this up since i'm trying to save up for the next gen launches and my backlog is crazy. but i'll be damned if this doesn't look fun.

I don't care if the game is a bit sluggish, what I love about comic-book games (not based on movies) is that can do a great job of putting you in the universe. I love the Marvel Universe so if a game can capture that feel I'll most likely enjoy it. Ultimate Spider-Man, Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions and Edge of Time did this and I enjoy them immensely because of it. Same goes for the old Voliton Punisher game which was all kinds of awesome and Hulk: Ultimate Destruction. If this game can tick that box (which I'm sure it will.) I know I will enjoy it.

Karak

I don't care if the game is a bit sluggish, what I love about comic-book games (not based on movies) is that can do a great job of putting you in the universe. I love the Marvel Universe so if a game can capture that feel I'll most likely enjoy it. Ultimate Spider-Man, Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions and Edge of Time did this and I enjoy them immensely because of it. Same goes for the old Voliton Punisher game which was all kinds of awesome and Hulk: Ultimate Destruction. If this game can tick that box (which I'm sure it will.) I know I will enjoy it.

Yep at Punisher. My lord I loved game so great.

Top Bottom