• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadpool |OT| Like Batman With Guns

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
The best Deadpool comic was the Uncanny X-force: DA Saga by Rick Remender, tbh.

You mean the entirety of Remender's Uncanny X-Force, right? 'Cause Deadpool only gets better as the series goes on and there's a scene in the last issue that's glorious.

Sojgat

jbbLRfRGKS3CSO.jpg

The joe kelly 1997 series. Issue #11 is probably my favorite single comic ever.

Listen to this person.

Oneironaut

Neo Member
With the Steam Sale right around the corner, I'm not looking to buy any full-priced games right now, but I'm still eager to see how this comes out. It looks like it could be incredibly fun, and I'll probably pick it up in the near future if it gets decent reviews.

Card Boy

Banned
If the game is good and its getting good reviews then why not release them? Assuming the game is good this might be a example of review embargoes having a negative effect on sales. There is so little hype for this that they need something to push sales along.

S1kkZ

There's a full LP on YT already but I'm not sure if it's ok to post here

probably not. i watched the first hour on youtube: gameplay seems ok, a bit repetitive maybe. but the humor was spot on. it was made from deadpool fans for deadpool fans, no doubt.

Vee_One

probably not. i watched the first hour on youtube: gameplay seems ok, a bit repetitive maybe. but the humor was spot on. it was made from deadpool fans for deadpool fans, no doubt.

If it as well polished and same quality as Fall of Cybertron it will be great

Card Boy

Banned
There's a full LP on YT already but I'm not sure if it's ok to post here

Ok now i'm officially worried. One of the lets plays is 8 parts, the 8th part is up to the final boss and each video is an average of 20 minutes. Sounds like a 2-4hr game lol

Looking at the other lets play durations it gives me the same conclusion.

Watched a few minutes of the first part, shooting looks a bit rough. Not sure if I like the camera angle. And hopefully in the PC version there's a bit in the ini where you can make corpses stay longer, they disappear in a few seconds.

Hurley

I've seen a few lp videos of it too and it looks like fun, the humour is definitely there that's fore sure. The only thing I noticed which looked a bit off to me was the animations especially when jumping and doing wall runs. Not a huge deal though.

Ok now i'm officially worried. One of the lets plays is 8 parts, the 8th part is up to the final boss and each video is an average of 20 minutes. Sounds like a 2-4hr game lol

Short licensed game is par for the course, but at a $50 price point its got to be real good. A bit worried how there's little media for the game, even the Transformers games had quite a bit.

I've seen a few lp videos of it too and it looks like fun, the humour is definitely there that's fore sure. The only thing I noticed which looked a bit off to me was the animations especially when jumping and doing wall runs. Not a huge deal though.

This thing is the definition of B-tier and I'm glad there's still room for fun short entertaining titles like it. I'll definitely support it.

ErichWK

Short licensed game is par for the course, but at a $50 price point its got to be real good. A bit worried how there's little media for the game, even the Transformers games had quite a bit.

Activision for the most part doesn't really advertise for it's licensed titles. Licensed titles are just to fill out their portfolio for investors.

Aske

This thing is the definition of B-tier and I'm glad there's still room for fun short entertaining titles like it. I'll definitely support it.

Absolutely. This gen needed more B-tier games. There have been a few, especially at the beginning of the gen, but I feel like our choices have been much more limited to bug budget AAA or super simple indie stuff in recent years.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains

Really? The one I found was up to part 10 with lengths from 15-25 minutes each, probably averaging out to 20. Part 10 wasn't the final video, the others just hadn't been uploaded yet.

I'd be okay with a playthrough taking 4-5 hours.

Really? The one I found was up to part 10 with lengths from 15-25 minutes each, probably averaging out to 20. Part 10 wasn't the final video, the others just hadn't been uploaded yet.

I'd be okay with a playthrough taking 4-5 hours.

I'm always looking for that sweet short over the top Summer B-tier game. Seems Deadpool and Killer is Dead will do just fine for me this Summer.

Tizoc

Best Deadpool comics:
90s era collected in Deadpool Classic TPBs
Cable and Deadpool series
Deadpool Fear Itslef mini written by the author of Dr. McNinja
Deadpool: Wade Wilson's War miniseries

I think it is $40 for at least the PC version. Doubt the game will be graphically demanding.

KdoROCc.png

sORRY I meant on PS3 ^^;

Metalmarc

If this sells well didn't they say it will improve the chance of the movoe being made? Can't see it selling to that much more than the fanbase

I got to play this at an event recently, anyone want to ask any questions?

1) Are the the multiple meele weapons, (Sais, Katanas, Hammers) able to be switched in real-time?

2) what difficulty did you play on?

Can you chain Meele > Teleport> Guns> Meele and keep your combo meter going?

3) Can deadpool follow enemies into the air after launching them? does he have any air combos?

4) Can deadpool perfom anything like The twosome time suggested in the reveal trailer?

5) Do the graphics look like a late ps2/early 360 game in person?

6) How responsive is the game generally?

Sadist

Watching a walkthrough on youtube.
If your not a fan of way....this isnt going to change your mind about him

But Im liking what I see combat wise and ive already chucked a couple of times. I will defo pick this up.

Spoilers:- This clip will either sell you the game or put you off entirely.

Okay, that's funny. Love the fourth wall things.

I really hope this game won't suck, but the story being written by Way... eh. The last good Deadpool story written by him was the hilarious storyarc versus Bullseye (posing as Hawkeye) during Dark Reign. BE THE MEAT.

The last great story with Deadpool is the entire Uncanny X-Force run. Last issue was classic DP.

Okay, that's funny. Love the fourth wall things.

I really hope this game won't suck, but the story being written by Way... eh. The last good Deadpool story written by him was the hilarious storyarc versus Bullseye (posing as Hawkeye) during Dark Reign. BE THE MEAT.

The last great story with Deadpool is the entire Uncanny X-Force run. Last issue was classic DP.

See the thing is, I get why people don't like ways Deadpool, but Marvel has enough brooding anti-hero types. Waypool is popular because it works. You get that he is actually insane, rather than a sociopath that is sometimes funny.

Furthermore, the way that WayPool is written, it feels more like a natural progression of the characters psychosis. Im sure at some point, someone will take another semi-serious take at DP but for now, the way version is far more cool.

Tak3n

Banned
Lol at the jokes

The humour looks spot on, the rest of the game is probably average.....

this looks all ends up a steam sale purchase...

Sadist

I understand why he is popular and why people prefer him this way; but I don't know, personally I became bored of it all. Storywise I mean. I guess I prefer the Deadpool in the Cable and Deadpool series.

Top Bottom