• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin |OT| Dean Ambrose, Muscleless Agent of SHIELD, Every Week :(

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
I remember thinking that 2010 was going to be the beginning of a new era, The year started with a newly crowned Sheamus as WWE champ, Swags became MitB and WHC, WWE started up NXT and that led to the original Nexus, Alberto Del Rio début, the return of the King of the Ring with Sheamus and Morrison in particular putting on great matches surrounding it and finally giving that new Kane fellow a title reign.
Of course it all went wrong as per WWE tradition.

Carnby

A funny story about the bell ringing actually...

I invited a group of friends over to watch TLC. So when the bell ringing started. We all became silent in honor of the victims.

*Ding* (24)

*Ding* (25)

*Ding* (26)

*Ding Dong* (The pizza delivery man is here.)

He rang the door bell at an unfortunate time. We all felt that it ruined the mood.

In all seriousness, I can't think of a bigger "Starmaking" match which was also a debut match than the TLC. More than that, it was a perfect example of "letting someone lose while still putting them over".

Ryback's spots were actually pretty enjoyable in that because he was such a huge threat that had to be dealt with accordingly and while Bryan had to ultimately take the pin, he was the only one that came close to actually sealing the victory for his team.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I sure hope the Shield match sends a strong enough signal that people want that - instead of getting them prepped for a burial.

Question is, where exactly do they go from here?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
j6rCc1JSNiVd4.png
Tween girls everywhere are now shipping RollinsXReigns.

Carnby

I sure hope the Shield match sends a strong enough signal that people want that - instead of getting them prepped for a burial.

Question is, where exactly do they go from here?

Reveal that their entrance wasn't a typical "enter from the crowd", but rather they had just walked out of Punk's private luxury box.

Actually, I thought there were 28 victims, including the gunman and his mom.

-edit: Double posting again, I'm an idiot-

kind of a dick move to not count his Mom as one of the victims but for god sake lets not talk about that kind of stuff in this thread.

Woke up not too long ago. Man that was a great show (first non house show, 2nd show ever) so i gotta be picky as far as the next show I go to. My 2 cents on where the Shield should go is they should go after some gold. Have Rollins (when he's alive)/Reigns go after Team Hell No and Ambrose go after Kofi. That way they're booked for the rumble and still have a strong showing (maybe have the wwe alliance backlash happen within the rumble so that its not a total burial)

Aiii

So not worth it
So, here's how I rank this years WWE PPV's, from best to worst:

Extreme Rules
TLC
WrestleMania 28
Night of Champions
Money in the Bank
No Way Out
Survivor Series
Over The Limit
Summerslam
Elimination Chamber
Royal Rumble
Hell in a Cell

Top 2 being far ahead of the rest as far as I'm concerned.

Did TLC feel like the beginning of a new era to anyone else(especially with the preceding news that cena might start to wind down soon)

Feels good

where is this from?

I predict that not only will Ryback and Hell No get revenge tonight, but that the Shield are a force in the Royal Rumble until Ryback comes along and eliminates them all.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
There's no point in talking about a new "era" of WWE until after WM. Things always pick up around this time of year, and people start talking about how things are improving, etc.

TLC is just the winter MITB.

Things will get back to normal shittyness once mania session comes around just like how everything from MITB is ruined by Summerslam

Also do we have a gif of Ambrose's face after he got suplexed on that ladder?

Aiii

So not worth it
There's no point in talking about a new "era" of WWE until after WM. Things always pick up around this time of year, and people start talking about how things are improving, etc.

It's more that this year they've debuted alot of guys with main event potential and more shockingly, they're all booked rather well. Sandow, Cesaro, Ryback and the shield all look great. In addition to guys like Bryan and Ziggler along with the current top guys and guys like Wyatt and Ohno in NXT, I say the future is bright.

Not sure if it's because of Trips taking over from Johnny Ace, but someone in WWE HQ is doing something right atm.

Ithil

Yes it is, I'm actually hoping it's not his standard finisher as it falls into that old convoluted set up territory but it's nice when done well.

He uses the Sliced Bread #2 most of the time on NXT, Blackout is more of an occasional finisher (I guess like the Chokeslam is the usual finish for Kane/Taker, Tombstone is the special one).

Also, Daniel Bryan might finally have competition in the "funniest facial expression" department with Ambrose on the scene.

Top Bottom