• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin |OT| Dean Ambrose, Muscleless Agent of SHIELD, Every Week :(

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
This sounds like some pent up frustration to me.

What? No. Ys is just a go-to series for JRPG cred.

Like, if someone goes on a crazy-ass tirade about JRPGs and how they wish Japanese developers would just stop making them altogether, and someone says that they're biased, they'll say something like

"I like good JRPGs, not that rehashed turn-based tripe that you people have been buying since 1986. I appreciate intuitive mechanics, innovative new paradigms, and real value for my money, which is why I only play Ys/Persona/Nocturne/Final Fantasy XII. [insert critical darling here] is a decent game, and a step in the right direction, but it can't hold a candle to [game mentioned in previous sentence]. That's why Japanese developers need to either just close up shop or die off. I'm sorry, that's just how I feel."

It's like the "I'm not racist, but..." of game criticism.

Whatever, that's gaming stuff. I'm just here for the Chikara info right now; I won't be able to buy the PPV until it goes up on the other site, so I'm watching vicariously through the other posters.

Aiii

So not worth it
I played about 10 hours of Persona 3 Portable this weekend, while I wait for Persona 4 Golden to arrive.

It is really my favorite rpg series.

Alucard

Banned
Guys who are complaining about things being "predictable" in wrestling need some perspective. You're expecting to be as surprised by things in 2012 as you were watching the same performance sport when you were a pre-teen and teenager. You're expecting to enjoy something NOW at the same level you did when you were a twelve-year-old mark. Talk to twelve-year-old WWE fans today and ask them if they're enjoying the product. They're probably enjoying it just as much as you did when YOU were twelve watching Earthquake sit on Jake the Snake Roberts' snake, or watching Marty Jannety go through Brother Love's window. Were those days better? Maybe. Maybe not. But if you take off the nostalgia glasses, you'll probably see that the drop off in quality is not nearly as drastic as your adult self perceives it to be. Same goes for those who started watching with the Attitude era.

Personally, I'm enjoying the 2000-2001 run in WWE more than I did the 'Attitude Era' in the 90s. Sure the 90s era had some great moments, but I think the overall thing for me was the battle with WCW. In terms of wrestling, storylines and wrestlers WWF 2000-2001 would be the Golden Era for me.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yakuza 5 demo. Now that's a game.

It's like the Tetsuya Naito of video games. Meaning it's really good, versatile, tells a good story, and will never come out over here.

Ithil

Zjc6E.gif

Kaladin

Donst's insanity, Gekido/Quack/Jigsaw, Handsome Stranger vs Touchdown, Delirious getting revenge on Ultramantis Black.....Chikara has some awesome stories right now.

Jamie OD

Wait what?

They showed a schedule for 2013 after the first match and Reseda is one of the places mentioned during the 2nd half of the year. Didn't pay full attention to the date but I already read a rumour that it could be a doubleshot with PWG.

Kaladin

Chikara is also coming to Florida next year.

"Just Shadows in the Fog"
Friday, March 8th
Tampa, FL

"Watchmaker"
Saturday, March 9th
Orlando, FL

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
For sure, I hate Gou too. But there's a plot and stuff to Gekiranger, at least more so than Gokaiger.

And Kung Fu.

And god damn Rio/Leo

Yeah, Leo's cool. I think my favorite's still Kakuranger though. I love the older stuff, but I prefer Metal Heroes.

Metalder is the bossest shit.

Top Bottom