• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin |OT| Dean Ambrose, Muscleless Agent of SHIELD, Every Week :(

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Fucking no you do not.
Fucking yes I do.
...The Shield have had one segment. One. Give them a chance.
One segment that we've seen hundreds of times in the past everytime a new group decides to debut. What's different about Shield? What makes them unique? Is it their D-Lo Brown chest protectors? Is it the fact they have a big dude to protect them, a la Batista and Evolution?
Or Beef. Doesn't really matter, both are just being negative for negativities sake I guess. What else is new?
Right, if I don't like Shield, I MUST be being negative for no reason.
Beef likes Ryback
IcBLa.gif

What does he know about anything?
You like Jason. What do you know about anything?

Kaladin

It's time for......

CHIKARA "Under the Hood"
December 2nd, 2012 @ 4PM eastern
LIVE on iPPV from The Trocadero in Philadelphia, PA

CHIKARA's Epic Eleventh Season Finale!

For the Grand Championship of CHIKARA!
Eddie Kingston vs. Tim Donst

Campeonatos de Parejas: Best 2 out of 3 Falls!
The Young Bucks vs. 1-2-3 Kid & Marty Jannetty

The War to Settle the Score!
The Spectral Envoy vs. Delirious, Ophidian & The Batiri

Who Leaves with a Title Shot?
3.0 vs. FIST

For the Young Lions Cup!
Mr. Touchdown vs. ACH

A Roster Divided Against Itself!
Mike Quackenbush, Fire Ant, Green Ant & assailANT vs. Jigsaw, The Shard, Soldier Ant & deviANT

Sokantish

Fucking yes I do.

One segment that we've seen hundreds of times in the past everytime a new group decides to debut. What's different about Shield? What makes them unique? Is it their D-Lo Brown chest protectors? Is it the fact they have a big dude to protect them, a la Batista and Evolution?

Right, if I don't like Shield, I MUST be being negative for no reason.
Yeah, but it's one segment... how about give them a little bit more time, dude?

Yeah, but it's one segment... how about give them a little bit more time, dude?

I apologize if my faith in WWE Creative™ has jaded me enough that I don't give two shits about anybody debuting. Also, I could've sworn the thread had another "wait and see" attitude about something else this past year.

Hated Austin's heel turn at the time, but watching it again... it's really well done, almost 'logical'.

Guys I'd buy the CHIKARA PPV, but I'm a cheapskate. I do like you can watch it unlimited times after the purchase, which was tempting. £10 isn't much either. Hmm.

Sokantish

I don't care about the storyline or whatever, I just meant the dudes in that group aren't that bad. No matter how bad their storyline is, we'll PROBABLY(maybe)
hopefully
be able to watch some good matches.

Plus you seem to enjoy Ryback so it seems you like what WWE has done recently!

strobogo

Banned
WWE should really put up old WCW/ECW/AWA shows up on Hulu. I'd for sure pay for the subscription if I could watch any random Saturday Night whenever I wanted. That's what they should have done with their VOD service. Instead, they'd show shit out of order and repeat the same set of big shows every 3 months.

They really should have a better service and should be offering it on Live/PSN as well.

I apologize if my faith in WWE Creative™ has jaded me enough that I don't give two shits about anybody debuting. Also, I could've sworn the thread had another "wait and see" attitude about something else this past year.

We've been told to "wait and see" for years now to no avail so i'm not surprised, but hey remember Orton/Christian? Jericho told us to wait and see for the bigger picture and we were well rewarded with Four Star Matches and a great feud!
Hang on that sort of sucked as well.

Sokantish

I just don't get the point of hating on something that has an okay start just because you think WWE will ruin it eventually. Seems like it'd be such a chore to watch something you are suppose to enjoy at that point!

I just don't get the point of hating on something that has an okay start just because you think WWE will ruin it eventually. Seems like it'd be such a chore to watch something you are suppose to enjoy at that point!

Because then we can say "I told you so" and feel all superior and shit.
To clarify my stance on Shield I think it's a good enough idea with potential but it wont reach the potential, it wont outright bomb either though.

I can understand why people want to do analysis on wrestling, predict story lines and all that, but I've enjoyed it a lot more since I've 'switched off' when I watch it and stopped reading the dirt sheets. Yes, things are still terrible, but you're just asking for trouble if you go into wrestling with an analytical mind looking for logic.

The main gripe I have with the WWE is the lack of actual wrestling, and the wrestling we do have being very cookie cutter (and often interrupted by advert breaks). This goes together with most of the characters being the same, which is why Ryback was slightly refreshing (even if he's a character we've seen several times in the past).

Alucard

Banned

Agreed. Wrestling is more enjoyable if you actually ignore the "experts," youtubers, message board critics, and trolls. As internet critics, I believe most go into watching stuff like Raw with a pessimistic mindset, and simply LOOKING for mistakes and things to hate on, instead of letting it be what it is and reserving judgment.

P.S. Raw is mostly forgettable right now and the indies shit all over the WWE and TNA at the moment.

Jamie OD

Chikara will have a show in Reseda next year. If that's in the building PWG runs, then holy heck they are guaranteed to have a great crowd.

Who says I'm enjoying WWE? They've ruined Ryback, Punk, Del Rio, and AJ. It's why I don't bother watching regularly - if at all - anymore.

If Shield wants to impress, then give me a reason to care. Don't just spout some vague bullshit like "we fight injustice" or whatever. Make me care NOW, and I'll be invested for LATER.

Who says I'm enjoying WWE? They've ruined Ryback, Punk, Del Rio, and AJ. It's why I don't bother watching regularly - if at all - anymore.

If Shield wants to impress, then give me a reason to care. Don't just spout some vague bullshit like "we fight injustice" or whatever. Make me care NOW, and I'll be invested for LATER.

But they've said that and so far followed up on it, attacking people placed against Punk which they've deemed to have been unjust.

How would you do it?

But they've said that and so far followed up on it, attacking people placed against Punk which they've deemed to have been unjust.

How would you do it?

Team them with Punk/Heyman. Don't be cute about it and try to misdirect people like they are now. Just be blunt about it. That would be a good start.

Sokantish

Oh okay, I didn't know you hardly watch WWE anymore. Well feel free to complain then if they drove you away from something you love!

Team them with Punk/Heyman. Don't be cute about it and try to misdirect people like they are now. Just be blunt about it. That would be a good start.

Yeah, I guess it's not really a tease (or was it ever?). I'm not sure if that's because we're older and 'seen it all before', so I wonder if the younger crowd are still wondering.

I don't believe a word you type.

Ys is an OK series, actually. It's the token defense for people who are accused of mindless JRPG hate, but it's OK.

I didn't draw any parallels to D-Lo's chest protector until you pointed it out (I saw that episode on Wenesday, so I missed the thread's reaction), but that is totally true, and it would be clever if they used those things for something other than extra padding. Maybe they could smuggle weapons into the ring with them, since they're supposed to be crooked security guards-turned-wrestlers or something.

I picked up on the other things you mentioned though; I just assumed that this is how heel teams and stables debut nowadays. Run in, beat someone up, make an angry speech, rinse and repeat until they get put into a match, and then work from there. It's not interesting in and of itself, but that's about all you can expect from modern WWE - tons of potential, marred by poor execution and saved by the occasional hit. I don't hold any grudge against you for not watching it anymore.

Top Bottom