• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin |OT| Dean Ambrose, Muscleless Agent of SHIELD, Every Week :(

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

G-Fex

I've got the hankering for some Here Comes the Pain

but I shall wait til after I play super castlevania to stream some Scott Steiner HCTP career mode

jmdajr

(Sorry if this has already been brought up, been busy the past 2 days)

So I know we're supposed to have 3-month long memories, but I just remembered that stupid Cena gym promo from the Mania build up...

Y2WGi.jpg

LB0wN.jpg

NmfGA.jpg
I was about to ask about this. My memory isn't too bad.

Anyone here from the PHX area?

Got an email saying they are having a fan fest and specific panels(the day before the Rumble) relating to DX, The Montreal Screwjob and The Monday Night Wars.

Sounds freaking awesome!

Anyone here been to a fanfest or these panels? How are they?

mrboo001

Banned
They should give the licence to Grasshopper, just because I think it'd be hilarious to see what Suda 51 does with a wrestling game.

Really, I don't give a shit though - there needs to be some drastic and fundamental changes to 3D wrestling games before I ever pay for one again. Hell, just give me Fire Pro HD on PSN/XBLA/Steam and I'll never have to buy another wrestling game again.

Remeber that wrestinling game on kickstarter that failed? Apparently you can buy it fo $5 now:

http://uprising.prowrestlingx.com/

Wrestling Confessions: I often squeeze my hand into a fist as I walk by fire alarms because I'm afraid one day I might suddenly lose my mind and try to pull one.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wrestling Confessions: As a kid I used to watch the real GWF (Global Wrestling Federation) on ESPN after school when it was going down at the Sportatorium in Texas - some of my favorite wrestlers came from there, and I used to cheer for the Lightning Kid (now, Xpac) before he ever even touched WWF or WCW. I did a lot of marking out for Scotty Anthony (now Raven), Cactus Jack, Maniac Mike Davis, the departed "Hot Stuff" Eddie Gilbert (boy I hated him), Sam Houston, and Barry Horowitz when he wasn't a jobber in the big feds.

I also really went nuts for the Patriot there - he was AWESOME. I also marked out often for Chaz Taylor, son of Tugboat/Typhoon.

EDIT: Oh and Scott Putski as well, I did his Polish Hammer to my little sister and got in trouble.

strobogo

Banned
Cena really has made me start not wanting to watch anything he's involved with in the past year or so. All the shit that people have been saying about him for years is finally hitting me to where I can't really stand to watch him anymore. He's become a black hole of entertainment to me. He's gone from a guy who I was a fan of to a guy that I thought got way more shit that he deserved to a guy that I'd watch but wouldn't go out of my way to see to a guy who I'd watch if something he did got a lot of talk online to a guy that I don't want to see in any situation.

It's not even his booking. I've been a pro wrestling fan for about 20 years now. I doubt I've gone a whole week without watching wrestling once since I was 4 or 5. I'm pretty accustomed to the super hero dominating face booking style. I have to assume that that style of booking is what drew most of the posters in this thread into wrestling in the first place, myself included. It's just everything about the John Cena character. Not John Cena the person. He seems like an awesome dude whenever he's not in character in Raw. Like on documentaries or promotion work. That John Cena is extremely likable and cool. But the John Cena character is just...bleh. He's so hyper self-conscious and aware at all times that he never, ever feels like a real human. Even straight up jobbers portray being a pro wrestler better. It is impossible to get invested in anything he's involved with, because he never allows you to suspend your disbelief for even a second.

beanman25

The Website Ahead Contains Malware!
Google Chrome has blocked access to www.killsteenkill.com for now.

Happens for me too, I clicked advance anyways.

Here is the message on the site:

KillSteenKill.com is no more.

After last week's school shooting in the US,

I want nothing to do with the word kill, ever again.

A new Website will be up in the New Year.

Happy Holidays to everyone.

- Kevin

Oh okay, I was ready to hate it as "Kill Steen Kill" is an awesome chant but yeah, good change.

Should just go with Kiss Steen Kiss though.

Man, I wonder if Steen knows there's manslaughter/attempted genocide happening every day in other parts of the world.

To be honest, I only just recently started thinking about the little things I did (and as noted above - still do) to glorify death. You shouldn't denigrate someone for making a positive change even if it takes a personal shock for them to wake up.

Top Bottom