• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin |OT| Dean Ambrose, Muscleless Agent of SHIELD, Every Week :(

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

strobogo

Banned
Jeff Jarrett? YOU'RE SICK.

DON'T PISS ME OFF, SLAPNUTS! NOW CHOKE ON THAT, SLAPASS.

vlcsnap-00013_zps934cede3.png

Cena really has made me start not wanting to watch anything he's involved with in the past year or so. All the shit that people have been saying about him for years is finally hitting me to where I can't really stand to watch him anymore. He's become a black hole of entertainment to me. He's gone from a guy who I was a fan of to a guy that I thought got way more shit that he deserved to a guy that I'd watch but wouldn't go out of my way to see to a guy who I'd watch if something he did got a lot of talk online to a guy that I don't want to see in any situation.

It's not even his booking. I've been a pro wrestling fan for about 20 years now. I doubt I've gone a whole week without watching wrestling once since I was 4 or 5. I'm pretty accustomed to the super hero dominating face booking style. I have to assume that that style of booking is what drew most of the posters in this thread into wrestling in the first place, myself included. It's just everything about the John Cena character. Not John Cena the person. He seems like an awesome dude whenever he's not in character in Raw. Like on documentaries or promotion work. That John Cena is extremely likable and cool. But the John Cena character is just...bleh. He's so hyper self-conscious and aware at all times that he never, ever feels like a real human. Even straight up jobbers portray being a pro wrestler better. It is impossible to get invested in anything he's involved with, because he never allows you to suspend your disbelief for even a second.

I gotta be honest, I have a mental wall that hinders my enjoyment of anything Cena's in to the point that him just being in a segment/angle/match takes about 50% of the fun from it. Him and Punk could wrestle at Mania, put on a 5 star incredible match, tear the house down, crazy false finishes, white hot crowd, etc. etc, but I'll never be able to fully be in the moment just because it's Cena. The damage is irreparable. He could turn heel, bring about the next Attitudinal Era, and have some of the best feuds in history over the next 5 years, but I just wouldn't be able to enjoy it. If possible, I fast forward every segment he's in no matter the opponent. I just can't with Cena anymore.

Big E really looks like a young Monty Brown.

Did Brown ever return to wrestling after leaving WWE?

Shame really. Wasnt it that his family home was messed up by Katrina so he asked for time off to sort things out but after a few months he asked for his release? Not really the way you want a promossing career to end.

The pounce was awesome when done right. I bet Ziggler would sell the hell out of The Pounce.

MC Safety

I don't want to be that guy because, you know, it's wrestling and wrestling is supposed to be dumb and lowbrow, but I really don't like it when Vince McMahon lets his enormous hatred for women get the better of him.

AJ flitting around from guy to guy was bad enough. But now she's hooked up with her tormentor, a guy who called her trash.

Be a star, Vince McMahon. Be a star!

Big E really looks like a young Monty Brown.

Did Brown ever return to wrestling after leaving WWE?

Shame really. Wasnt it that his family home was messed up by Katrina so he asked for time off to sort things out but after a few months he asked for his release? Not really the way you want a promossing career to end.

The pounce was awesome when done right. I bet Ziggler would sell the hell out of The Pounce.

He originally left because his sister died and he took on the role of bringing up her kids I believe

The pounce was amazing though

He originally left because his sister died and he took on the role of bringing up her kids I believe

The pounce was amazing though

Oh wow.

Well at least that's a pretty honourable way to leave.

Googling him now and he is already in his 40's so I guess its probably good he got out when he did. Hope things are going ok him.

What was his WWE name again? I think they kept the Alpha Male tag but he was named something else

Edit: Marcus Cor Von. Jesus WWE should just hire a write to come up with better names.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Who would have thought, in 2012, that two of the most entertaining guys on the mic would be Christopher Daniels and Bryan Danielson?

strobogo

Banned
Daniels rivals Kane for come back of the year to me. He was SO stale for at least 4 years, maybe even longer. Then he over night he became the most entertaining guy not named A Double in TNA. He even makes Kaz tolerable.

What's the All-Stars team doing anyway? Does that team even exist anymore? I wouldn't mind a bland and stale main WWE game each year if it meant All-Stars somehow survives (and got much needed improvements with a sequel).

After All Stars THQ shut down that studio and fired everyone.

I dont think the game sold that bad ether but they just needed to cut something and whatever way they looked at it the sword fell on the All Stars team.

Shame because that game seemed like a great base to build on for a sequel.

I dont think the game sold that bad ether but they just needed to cut something and whatever way they looked at it the sword fell on the All Stars team.

That's too bad. The game certainly needed improvements and more features but I also thought it was a solid base for an alternative WWE game.

tm24

I though the studio worked for EA now and was doing UFC games?

EDIT: Nevermind, they were working on a UFC game before THQ sold the license to EA

somedevil

Main Event Spoilers for 12/26/12

Jinder Mahal and Drew McIntyre vs. Tyson Kidd and Justin Gabriel

* A 20-man battle royal is announced. The winner will earn a shot at Antonio Cesaro's United States Title. The final four in the battle royal comes down to Wade Barrett, Zack Ryder, The Great Khali and Santino Marella. The Great Khali wins and will face Cesaro for the United States Title. Cesaro was on commentary and came in the ring to shake Khali's hand after the match.

* Matt Striker interviews Khali backstage. Cesaro attacks him but Khali lays him out and grabs the US Title. Khali tells Cesaro he will see him next week, January 2nd.

Man poor Cesaro.

somedevil

They definitely do not care about their programming on Christmas week.

Yep, the new WWE wrestling season starts January 7 from them. Main Event tonight ends this year season. Great tag match on team hell no vs Rhode Scholars. The next two weeks are just there if anyone cares to watch.

strobogo

Banned
Claudio deadlifting Khali is going to be awesome. I don't even know how he can do the Neutralizer on a guy that tall, but it is going to be great when he does it.

tm24

Why is it that CZW is the land of fucking good ideas for iPPVs?

The promotion was very happy with the iPPV sales of their Cage of Death 14 event two weeks ago with their iPPV buys at Hybrident.net tripling their usual levels. The show was simulcast on WWNLive.com and going forward shows will also be simulcast on Highspots.tv as owner DJ Hyde feels that different fans have chosen their destination sites for iPPV programming and he would prefer to be on all of them as a way to get the most eyeballs on the promotion.

Fuck you ROH

Cesaro should bring the UFO Airplane Spin back into his move-set;

34fjsya.gif

claudioairplaneslammorishima.gif

Would be crazy to see him get Khali up for that - I think he might just be too tall for the neutralizer.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
All Stars 2 should have just been legends/alumni anyways.

Leave the modern stuff to the 'simmy' games. Most the vanilla dudes with kickpads don't even translate well to that over the top style

Going to Dragon Gate Infinity #280 tonight which will be the first show of my trip. The card looks solid and I even get some Doi Darts tonight!

Top Bottom