• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin |OT| Dean Ambrose, Muscleless Agent of SHIELD, Every Week :(

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Kaladin

30d7y8iurpce.gif

Wrestling, how does it work?

jmdajr

Aside from the fact that he was kicking Cena's ass all year and the fact that WM28 was in his HOME TOWN can't get any more predictable than that!

Isn't this the opposite of how WWE logic goes?

If anything it would make people think Cena would win.

Aside from the fact that he was kicking Cena's ass all year and the fact that WM28 was in his HOME TOWN can't get any more predictable than that!

His Satallite promos were hit and miss. I thought Cena was domed wen that one dude called him an under dog.

plus home field dont mean anything

Kyoufu

His Satallite promos were hit and miss. I thought Cena was domed wen that one dude called him an under dog.

plus home field dont mean anything

Sure it does.

Maybe not for a Diva but for the Rock? Yep. He's going to win.

He didn't come back to kiss Cena's ass. He came back to check his ass DIRECTLY INTO, THE SMACKDOWN HOTEL!

But The Rock was legit shook when Cena called him out on the notes on his arm!

Remember GAF's reaction to that segment? I was wondering what you guys were smoking.

My mark out moments of WM:

- D. Bry losing in record fashion (more of a depression mark out than one of being excited)
- Taker kicking out of the Superkick/Pedigree
- Rock winning

Its not WWE logic. People actually like those matches outside this forum. Bryan Alveraz loved the first Triple H and Undertaker match and so did the crowd. Both matches got rave reviews from the wrestling press.

They are not the all time best matches, but they were good matches that got alot of love from people.
You're all a bunch of marks I tell ya!
But you're right unfortunately for me.

Can't hate the match JUST for being a spotfest. If you hate the old geezers that's fine.
For what they could do I think they did well. Very well actually.
Since when have you been under the impression I hate Undertaker?
Trips i'm sort of indifferent on, fantastic run in 2000-2001, minus points for other stuff.
I like both men, I think their recent matches against each other were lame, there's better matches on both cards in my opinion even if they aren't so grand.
As far as finisher fest galore with super kickouts go you're not likely to see anything better but if that's one of the recipes for a five star classic then I don't want to eat that meal.
By comparison HBK/Taker danced around the similar concept but executed it much better without relying too much on weaponry and overuse of finshers (though they came close on that last point).
Basically stuff like Rock/Austin and HBK/Taker struck the right balance, HHH/Taker spilt over in the attempt to be better and fell flat on its face for it.
Though once again i'll just say that's my thoughts on it.

Your previous points on ladder matches being spot fests is mostly true but a good ladder match will likely have a lot of flow and prevent dead spots (multi man really helps out here).

Now as for Rock/Cena well the build up fizzled out, the concerts killed me before the match started, I was not a happy chappy and all I remember is it being just a standard match with two big names in it, the usual energy both men bring to the big matches seemed to be absent but that could just have been my indifference after sitting through those bloated musical numbers.

the only times i remember home field meaning anything was

Cena/RVD- one night stand
Cena/Punk- money in the bank

there are some other examples that im missing. i saw this match as a spirtual sucessor to Rock/hogan. Rock passing the Torch to Cena so to speak.

also isnt bret hart from calgary and not montreal.

jmdajr

You're all a bunch of marks I tell ya!
But you're right unfortunately for me.

Since when have you been under the impression I hate Undertaker?

Just a general statement but I feel people here are legitimately sick of him. They don't care that the average fans still want to see him, even though he's not what he used to be.
It's just taking away time for indy darlings.

People legitimately hate HHH. I mean they do, it's obvious.
More than anything the Undertaker hate falls a lot on HHH. Take him out of the equation and Taker might get more love.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Mark out moments of this year? Hmm. Obviously this should be a category on the WRASSLEGAF'S INAUGURAL END OF YEAR AWARDS SHOW!

Mine might be NJPW's first stream online and it worked like a dream. I was thrilled. THRILLED.

THe undertaker just going boring for a while. maybe ut has to do with being on smackdown but i feel a gimmick change or boost would have made him more intresting.

supernatural cowboy would have been great.

jmdajr

hahahaha yay!

PWInsider.com is reporting that The Undertaker recently reached out to WWE and notified them that he wants to compete at WrestleMania 29. He told officials that he is currently training for a return, and he reportedly pitched an opponent for the big PPV.

While it is unknown who The Undertaker has requested to work with at the event, it's being said that Ryback and Triple H are not amongst the names.

awww :'(

Kyoufu

hahahaha yay!

PWInsider.com is reporting that The Undertaker recently reached out to WWE and notified them that he wants to compete at WrestleMania 29. He told officials that he is currently training for a return, and he reportedly pitched an opponent for the big PPV.

While it is unknown who The Undertaker has requested to work with at the event, it's being said that Ryback and Triple H are not amongst the names.

awww :'(

Brock?

Cena?

...Punk?

Kaladin

I don't think TNA is looking to have a face of the company. They're still building the top of their card and it will be a more diverse upper card than WWE has. I'm sure someone will point to Jeff Hardy's belt, but that's just an extension of his character who is an art freak.

If it's Tensai I'll be thrilled. THRILLED.

think about the build.

After loosing to taker at WM, TEnsai roamed japan training in many arts to find the secret to beating taker. Even killing a lord and taking his title and man servant sakomoto. . now he is ready to take revenge on the Phenom .

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Would be great if they had someone younger who needed that rub to push them into the main event beating Undertaker like Wade or Cody.

...AHAHAHAAH UNDERTAKER PUT SOMEONE OVER HAHAHAHAAHAHAH
PxU03.gif

think about the build.

After loosing to taker at WM, TEnsai roamed japan training in many arts to find the secret to beating taker. Even killing a lord and taking his title and man servant sakomoto. . now he is ready to take revenge on the Phenom .

Tensai masks up and uses mystical Japanese tengu powers to start one upping the deadman's supernatural trickery, to counter this Taker disappears for a month only to return having gained his own dark Oni powers from his own trip to glorious Nippon, they do supernatural battle at Wrestlemania as wind and lightning clash in a match that goes down in record books as the thunderstorm.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Tensai masks up and uses mystical Japanese tengu powers to start one upping the deadman's supernatural trickery, to counter this Taker disappears for a month only to return having gained his own dark Oni powers from his own trip to glorious Nippon, they do supernatural battle at Wrestlemania as wind and lightning clash in a match that goes down in record books as the thunderstorm.

and also Tensai is secretly The Great Muta

Kaladin

I would take Undertaker vs Daniel Bryan.....would bring back memories of the great Undertaker vs Kurt Angle matches.....and there is even a story set-up for it already!

Yes

and also Tensai is secretly The Great Muta

Yes

I would take Undertaker vs Daniel Bryan.....would bring back memories of the great Undertaker vs Kurt Angle matches.....and there is even a story set-up for it already!

Super Yes

Royal Rumble
- Team Hell No loses the tag titles
- Bryan gets eliminated by Kane in the RR
- Next night on Raw, Bryan freaks out and sets up a match at EC

Elimination Chamber
- Bryan beats Kane and continues to hit him with chairshots after the match
- Taker comes out and confronts Bryan
- Setup for WM

WrestleMania
- Taker vs Bryan
- Bryan wins in under a minute via YES lock