• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin |OT| Dean Ambrose, Muscleless Agent of SHIELD, Every Week :(

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Kaladin

Look, it's a new Paige

EbZYi.jpg

krae_man

Road to Wrestlemania is full of casualties.

I wonder what Gaf favorites will miss a pay day.

Dolph Ziggler, Antonia Cesaro, Dean Ambrose, CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, AJ Lee, Damian Sandow

Will get a payday:

Santino, Brodus Clay, Tensai, The Great Khali, Hornswoggle, Kofi Kingston, The Miz...

Edit: Seriously though, no way Sandow and Cesaro are locks(unless you count the preshow).

jmdajr

Dolph Ziggler, Antonia Cesaro, Dean Ambrose, CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, AJ Lee, Damian Sandow

Will get a payday:

Santino, Brodus Clay, Tensai, The Great Khali, Hornswoggle, Kofi Kingston, The Miz...

Edit: Seriously though, no way Sandow and Cesaro are locks(unless you count the preshow).

Well it be nice to at least have the IC title involved.

Who will win the Rumble?
Who will win Elimnation Chamber?
Will Dolph lose his money in the bank?

Kyoufu

I don't get why Wrestlemania is so successful.

It's the same as every other PPV during the year but with a bigger crowd.

jmdajr

Production values, celebrities, etc.
I think it's unfair to say Wrestlemania doesn't have classic matches. Obviously it does.

Kaladin

Wrestlemania is on it's last years of being huge. The guys that can make Wrestlemania special are all retiring or already retired. HBK, Undertaker and Chris Jericho are really the only ones WWE have had on their roster recently who can make a Wrestlemania performance special.

There hasn't been a classic match in the past 2 WM shows.

In WWE logic both HHH/Taker matches are absolute classics which is funny as they're both magnitudes worse than X-7 but WWE wont speak of that one.
Remember how all the wrestlers were so impressed that they went and filmed little promos about how legendary both matches were of their own free will to be aired the following Raw? they were THAT classic.

jmdajr

In WWE logic both HHH/Taker matches are absolute classics which is funny as they're both magnitudes worse than X-7 but WWE wont speak of that one.
Remember how all the wrestlers were so impressed that they went and filmed little promos about how legendary both matches were of their own free will to be aired the following Raw? they were THAT classic.

They are not bad matches. Everyone just here just hates HHH and taker for Taking away from D. Bry time.

Is it Steamboat vs. Savage? No.

They are not bad matches. Everyone just here just hates HHH and taker for Taking away from D. Bry time.

Is it Steamboat vs. Savage? No.
Well you see the thing about that is...

It was just a spot fest. Undertaker in 2011/12 is just terrible.
Ah, there we go, this.
The first match does not hold up on a repeat viewing, whatever moments in both matches made it look like the streak might end have now lost that power, all that's left is an absurd finisher fest with tons of dead time as both the old geezers try and catch their breath for the next finisher spot.
In particular the second match seems like they just said "lets just kick out of EVERYTHING, that'll be so epic" and HBK starts crying in the corner because the moves are too intense for him to handle.
I'll give the second match props for being kind of fun when it happened for sheer absurdity in a WM lacking any sense of spectacle until the tepid and disappointing main event but I imagine it falls to pieces in a rewatch like its predecessor.

somedevil

Its not WWE logic. People actually like those matches outside this forum. Bryan Alveraz loved the first Triple H and Undertaker match and so did the crowd. Both matches got rave reviews from the wrestling press.

They are not the all time best matches, but they were good matches that got alot of love from people.

Lunchbox

Banned
didnt enjoy any of the hhh taker shitfests

hbk-taker even though the results were known from the beginning, is the blueprint for how you do spotfests with 2 old people who need to retire.

one more match hbk

jmdajr

Well you see the thing about that is...

Ah, there we go, this.
The first match does not hold up on a repeat viewing, whatever moments in both matches made it look like the streak might end have now lost that power, all that's left is an absurd finisher fest with tons of dead time as both the old geezers try and catch their breath for the next finisher spot.
In particular the second match seems like they just said "lets just kick out of EVERYTHING, that'll be so epic" and HBK starts crying in the corner because the moves are too intense for him to handle.
I'll give the second match props for being kind of fun when it happened for sheer absurdity in a WM lacking any sense of spectacle until the tepid and disappointing main event but I imagine it falls to pieces in a rewatch like its predecessor.

Can't hate the match JUST for being a spotfest. If you hate the old geezers that's fine.
For what they could do I think they did well. Very well actually.

Kaladin

I enjoyed the Triple H/Undertaker matches as a long time fan of both wrestlers and being there live for both of them certainly helped.

Laserfrog

I don't want Undertaker to wrestle at Wrestlemania again, he got to 20-0 wins and that's a nice round number. Just stop there and have a cup of tea and relax, you did good.

Kacho

Gold Member
What is the IWC's opinion on the Cena/Rock match that took place earlier this year? I don't much being said about it both good or bad.

jmdajr

Well I'm sorry if people can't enjoy Wrestlemania anymore.

I'm going to New York City for this one and I have no doubt I'll have fun.

But even the people here that will lamp is up will most likely find something they like.

i thought the first(second) HHH/Taker was better than the hell in a cell one by far. Both men but everything in that match. the hell in a cell suffered from undertaker going senile in the middle of the ring.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What is the IWC's opinion on the Cena/Rock match that took place earlier this year? I don't much being said about it both good or bad.

It honestly was nothing special. Even if I was marking for either of them, it was quite boring. Lesnar's hat kick on the other hand set shit on FIRE, and led to an amazing almost five star match with Lesnar vs Cena at Extreme Rules

That's right FIVE STARS ALMOST

Top Bottom