• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin |OT| Dean Ambrose, Muscleless Agent of SHIELD, Every Week :(

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This interview's old, but it's extra funny now that people know who Johnny Ace is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPiPd9d87lY#t=02m34s
'What would have happened if we wrestled you and Dr. Death in Japan and said 'why are you stretching us? why are you stiffing us?this is out first time in Japan''
'Doc would have killed you'
'Would that have been right?'
'..yeah'

And now I'm just watching Steve Williams videos on youtube and getting bummed out.

This interview's old, but it's extra funny now that people know who Johnny Ace is

'What would have happened if we wrestled you and Dr. Death in Japan and said 'why are you stretching us? why are you stiffing us?this is out first time in Japan''
'..yeah'

And now I'm just watching Steve Williams videos on youtube and getting bummed out.
Great video..lol I so miss the Dudleys

tm24

'..yeah'

Oh man, that was great. I miss johnny ace impressions

2386264-a9umodvcqaeaybz_super.jpg

super Dope

And he's a jobber in The 'E.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE, BEEF? NOTHING. YOU AIN'T NO JOBBER. YOU WISH YOU WAS, BUT YOU AIN'T.

Listen here, you jingo jaggit: I'm a better wrestler than JTG could ever hope to be. I could job so hard, the Brooklyn Brawler would be like "damn, I need to step my game up." And to put it in perspective so that SoulPlaya can understand: I'd be the Kane-equivalent of jobbers.

Listen here, you jingo jaggit: I'm a better wrestler than JTG could ever hope to be. I could job so hard, the Brooklyn Brawler would be like "damn, I need to step my game up." And to put it in perspective so that SoulPlaya can understand: I'd be the Kane-equivalent of jobbers.

Welp, my work's finished here.

Professor Beef
holds a doctorate in jobbing

Uh oh the beef wreckers are breaking up again

I promise, it's the last squabble /AJ and Chris Daniels

Aiii

So not worth it
You can tell it's real by how annoyed Punk is that he has to do this. Guy hates everyone except Heyman, Colt Cabana, Lita and like four other friends.

CLEARLY SHOOT!

Aiii

So not worth it
Just finished watching Final Resolution. Wow, this company.

I don't really understand what they're trying to accomplish, that was one of the most forgettable shows they managed to put on. Jeff Hardy winning makes no sense at all, sure, the guy gets cheered by default in the Impact Zone, but he is by far one of their least interesting wrestlers, just barely above RVD at the moment. Also, why did RVD not put over Kenny King? The X-Division belt is wasted on that pothead.

They're wasting their hottest star, Aries, on a love story (also, wtf with all these love angles in wrestling all of a sudden, did I miss the moment where the majority of wrestling viewers were men?) with Brooke Hogan. Brooke Hogan should not be on television, ever, let alone on my wrestling prgram.

Why didn't they do the Wes/Garrett are really in A&8's reveal last night? This angle is taking too fucking long and the only two revealed members nobody gives two craps about. At least add one high-profile member to make the stable seem at least a tiny bit interesting. Come on, it's like they're not even trying anymore.

TNA had a hot streak in spring/summer just after they dumped Russo and after that it went to being so forgettable it damn near put me to sleep half-way through the PPV.

DKehoe

Just finished watching Final Resolution. Wow, this company.

I don't really understand what they're trying to accomplish, that was one of the most forgettable shows they managed to put on. Jeff Hardy winning makes no sense at all, sure, the guy gets cheered by default in the Impact Zone, but he is by far one of their least interesting wrestlers, just barely above RVD at the moment.

He is the biggest draw they have. When he main events the PPV buys are higher. It makes sense to have him as champ.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I swear, Outrun has the best gaming soundtrack of all time.

Just felt like saying that.

Did I ever tell you that you're almost always right? You're almost always right.

Give me some NIGHT FLIGHT, or RISKY RIDE

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
They're wasting their hottest star, Aries, on a love story (also, wtf with all these love angles in wrestling all of a sudden, did I miss the moment where the majority of wrestling viewers were men?)

influx of soap opera writers from all the closing soap operas

Aiii

So not worth it
He is the biggest draw they have. When he main events the PPV buys are higher. It makes sense to have him as champ.

Don't know about that. They hardly sell PPV's at all, so it can't make that much of a difference. Neither do their ratings ever raise or drop far depending on who's champ.

It's not like WWE where the addition of Cena means thousands and thousands of dollars.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Guys. GUYS.

FATAL MATCH is tonight. It'll be better than Final Resolution AND Raw put together! Not a tough feat, but I promise the free DPPV will be better. DPPV = Don't Pay Per View.

It's gonna be HOT. WILD. INSANE. And storylines will be resolved or answer questions!

Here's the promo if you missed it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE6NzqYcd5c

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Starts with 15 second loading screen, must be GWF! GET HYPE!

I offered to take them out, but the masses said they prefer the spontaneity of a truly live show!

Aiii

So not worth it
Hey, if WWE can fill 1,5 of their 3 hours with Did you know's and recaps, GWF can fill have their shows with loading screens! It's the nature of the business!

Looking forward to the PPV mate, hope Boot dies.

strobogo

Banned
I don't have a problem with Hardy as champ as much as I do the story around it. He's their most over guy by a lot (though I've never understood WHY he's been so over with his particular group of fans, which are overweight fake gothy/emo teen girls. It's a really specific subgroup that are super into him and I've never understood it.), but the whole "one more chance" thing when he's repeatedly fucked things up in both WWE and TNA and is always given another chance to redeem himself. And every time, it is the same story of "I'm really sorry for what I did, but I'm a free spirit and sometimes that happens, but never again, because I'm really modest and humbled by my actions". And then he does it again. Then sorry guys, never again, and he does it again. Repeat every 6-10 months for a decade.

I get that he's the most popular guy they have and it makes sense to have him as champ and face of the company, but at the same time, it's ridiculous to keep rewarding him and put a guy like that in a position that him flaking would really damage the company. He should for sure be a main attraction, but the main guy. Think of Randy Orton, who is a featured and main star, but won't get the company put on his back again due to his repeated flakiness. So what TNA does is completely derail the A Double and James Storm pushes just to give Hardy another chance with the same redemption bullshit story that he's been using for 10 years now every time he fucks up.

You know who that story worked for? Eddie Guerrero. Because he came back from as rock bottom as you can get and turned it all around and stayed there until he died. Not repeatedly flake out in the middle of big angles or no show/show up at PPVs fucked up and have whatever company he's working for at the time use him as a role model for kids after he cleans up for a bit. If dudes want to do drugs, do whatever, as long as it doesn't interfere with your work. In Hardy's case, it has interfered multiple times in serious ways over the past decade. And when you are in a position like he keeps getting placed into and in a profession that he's in, your work being affected doesn't just harm you, but everyone you work with. It potentially hurts other guys in the ring and can affect the money people are making from the wrestlers to the production guys.

I'm not even sure that I'd mind as much if he wasn't portrayed as some noble guy who conquers his demons and deserves another chance. Sure, after the first and maybe even second time, I buy that. After 10 times, well, come on. I don't think you get the benefit of the doubt anymore. You only have so my chances before someone needs to say no more. I think he passed that bridge a few years ago.

DKehoe

Don't know about that. They hardly sell PPV's at all, so it can't make that much of a difference. Neither do their ratings ever raise or drop far depending on who's champ.

It's not like WWE where the addition of Cena means thousands and thousands of dollars.

Supposedly they get a couple thousand extra PPV buys when he main events.

Aiii

So not worth it
Really? That much?

Well I surrender, Hardy for World Champ!

*makes horrible hand gesture and puts on neon-facepaints*

Top Bottom