• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

Lothar

Banned
The evidence that 2016 was particularly struggle for WWE is that Jericho in 2016 has been the saving grace of Kevin Owen's title reign.
Throw in other unusual events like Orton having to be the one to salvage the sinking Wyatt ship and Miz being one of the better well rounded members in the roster in general is basically proof that WWE still can't handle their main roster newcomers/new generation particularly well regardless of talent.

AJ Styles being the anomaly because he's AJ Styles.

Is Jericho getting any closer to getting the title? I haven't watched WWE in awhile. He's all I care about in the company right now. How can those idiots have had Jericho in the company all year and not given him the title by now?

Tall4Life

Rusev is in the Rumble, clears out a few entrants and is dominant in the ring, he grabs a mic and cuts a really quick "SCREW YOU AMERICA MACHKA" promo

BZZZZZ

*This music starts*

and then roman reigns throws out both of them at the same time

AHH YESSIR
reigns.gif

Is Jericho getting any closer to getting the title? I haven't watched WWE in awhile. He's all I care about in the company right now. How can those idiots have had Jericho in the company all year and not given him the title by now?

Nah, the best you can hope for is him getting the occasional Kane/Big Show situation where he maybe sneaks in a main event title match on one random PPV that he's destined to lose.

Rusev is in the Rumble, clears out a few entrants and is dominant in the ring, he grabs a mic and cuts a really quick "SCREW YOU AMERICA MACHKA" promo

BZZZZZ

*This music starts*

Between Jinder Mahal looking like he is pouring steroids over his cerial and a Kurt Angle return do we need any more proof that the wellness policy is not worth the paper its printed on anymore?

Maybe they should start a RVD+Jeff Hardy tag team while we are at it.

Speaking of Jeff Cobb, I find it funny that a bunch of the self-described "post-smark" wrestling fans have already turned on him - probably hastened by their Lord And Saviour, Greatest Wrestler of All Time Matt Riddle, being exposed as not quite ready to lead a match when he wrestled Cobb the other week. Now it's all "Cobb's overrated", "Cobb's boring", "Cobb's too short" and, of course, "Cobb was better two years ago when no one knew who he was".

Tall4Life

Why would he be in the Rumble when he's got the belt to win instead

Perfect way to not get the Rumble match booed

He's going to win the belt and win the Rumble, obviously. The main event of Wrestlemania will just be him cocking his fist for 40 minutes while we all cheer with glee. #AhhYessir

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I think they just approach SmackDown differently than they approach Raw. Vince is apparently just as in charge of SD as he is Raw and everything we've heard suggests the writers just write what Vince tells them to write.

Maybe the fact its a 2 hour show just keeps the plotting tighter and that's all it needs.

isnt Angle completely broken? why would we want him back?

Most people don't really care if he can have a 5 star match or w/e.

Hopefully when angle is back he is not the super serious angle that he was before he left. He was far better when he was not really serious.

Sephzilla

Does anyone have a link back to last years Avatar Rumble post? I just want to double check the rules I have versus what was used last year for consistency

Speaking of Kurt Angle, I wonder if my boy Shelton is still going to come back or if that deal died. An American Alpha and Angle/Shelton feud would be amazing

Oersted

Rusevs gimmick is gonna be really weird next year

They treat Bulgaria as mini Russia, but Putin and Heel in Office gonna be best buds, with Linda serving the latter

Anth0ny

New Day is in the Rumble, Big E clears out a few entrants and is dominant in the ring, he grabs a mic and cuts a really quick "POWER OF POSITIVITY AND RESPECTING YOUR FELLOW MAN" promo

BZZZZZ

*This music starts*

BZZZZZ

*This music starts*

I'd rather have Angle.

EDIT: Damnit Anth0ny

shaowebb

I know they wanted him to use that like he was "locking and loading" his Superman punch arm with ammo, but could someone please just tell creative already that it looks like Roman is jerking off or some shit. He looks stupid as hell trying to act like that is intimidating or some kind of badass threat.

Feels like every time he pumps his arm its a sign from Vince to creative that Roman is pumping Vince's "ego" with every stroke.

weSGlRR.gif

Top Bottom