• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

Jerm411

jqQqaUG.gif

Tall4Life

Take away AJ Styles and Goldberg in 2016....and you have the worst year in WWE history.

lol

you clearly have never watched anything from the new generation or the PG era between Benoit's death and the pipebomb

2016 is the greatest year EVER for WWE match quality alone.

DMczaf

lol

you clearly have never watched anything from the new generation or the PG era between Benoit's death and the pipebomb

To quote a Mr Hs... this year was the year of simulated matches (outside of AJ). Nothing feels organic anymore in WWE. They have a system and they stick to that system.

Anth0ny

lol

i think the painful thing about today is just how stacked the roster is. and how WASTED that talent is. it's fucking awful.

i just don't care about anything. besides goldberg.

i think the painful thing about today is just how stacked the roster is. and how WASTED that talent is. it's fucking awful.

i just don't care about anything. besides goldberg.

Yeah, it's really telling that the unanimous biggest/best thing on everyone's favs list is a guy coming back from 12 years off. On a roster that has basically every big indy name from 5-10 years ago, that's unacceptable in terms of "things that should happen"

Not to say it wasn't a genuinely great moment, but it so clearly overshadowing everything and everyone else at a period where that should be unheard of is stunning

Striker

lol

I never understood why people stop at 2011 like it was some great, immaculate year. Did you like this program?

cm-punk-vs-triple-h_display_image.png

1995 was really bad for them. The Kliq hamstrung the top of the cards and title while Bret was busy fighting Jerry Lawler, Isaac Yankem and Jean Pierre-Lafitte, and The Undertaker was fighting Mabel and Kama. But then again, today's product is so stale and formulaic I can never have the patience to sit through it for ten minutes without being bored out of my skull.

shanafan

2016 delivered Kevin Owens as Universal Champion, AJ Styles as WWE Champion and Shinsuke Nakamura as NXT Champion.

How can that be bad?

Sephzilla

2016 delivered Kevin Owens as Universal Champion, AJ Styles as WWE Champion and Shinsuke Nakamura as NXT Champion.

How can that be bad?

Owens got Seth Rollins booking. Seth Rollins got a face turn that made no sense. Roman became US Champion. Dolph Ziggler didn't retire.

Honestly when you look at the highlights of 2016 there's a lot of good there, but its all of the stuff between those moments that brings everything down.

How can that be bad?

4 Charlotte reigns
3 Sasha reigns
2 Okada reigns
And a tag title scene held up by a lawsuit

A bit of a stretch to make it sound like the 12 Days of Xmas jingle, I admit, but eh

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Broken Hardy had a better resurgence
Of course he did. He had one of the biggest resugences I have ever seen. His comeback has been astounding. He's better now than he's ever been. Broken Matt Mardy has been a wonderful hing to witness. He's more relevant now than he ever was during his entire solo run in WWE. And in freaking TNA! Being even remotely relevant in TNA today is a huge accomplishment itself.

The evidence that 2016 was particularly struggle for WWE is that Jericho in 2016 has been the saving grace of Kevin Owen's title reign.
Throw in other unusual events like Orton having to be the one to salvage the sinking Wyatt ship and Miz being one of the better well rounded members in the roster in general is basically proof that WWE still can't handle their main roster newcomers/new generation particularly well regardless of talent.

AJ Styles being the anomaly because he's AJ Styles.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
At TakeOver: San Antonio, they should do that thing where HHH comes out for a photo op with the whoever wins the title and then Seth Rollins just comes out of the crowd and starts whaling on him to set up the WrestleMania match.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
isnt Angle completely broken? why would we want him back?

At TakeOver: San Antonio, they should do that thing where HHH comes out for a photo op with the whoever wins the title and then Seth Rollins just comes out of the crowd and starts whaling on him to set up the WrestleMania match.
Ohhhhh that would be so good

As would Angle's return. Put him on Smackdown!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I mean, they really should have been setting up HHH/Rollins harder than they have been.

Like, right now, all they do is have Rollins casually mention he's mad at HHH every other week...and then he's fighting Braun Strowman as a part of his grand plan to fight HHH which of course makes no sense.

They should set it up that that HHH is dodging being in the same place as him (e.g. by having him show up on SmackDown instead of Raw, etc.) and make it seem like Rollins is putting in some kind of meaningful effort to kick HHH's ass.

Top Bottom