• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

This is where Cena loses the belt to Orton after having beat AJ at the Rumble, so he can win it back at Mania to break Flair's record.
Then Orton loses to AJ. Then beats him again, then Dean beats Orton, then beats Dean. Then Bray beats Orton then Orton beats him. 16 v 16. Fuck my life

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Styles-Orton would be a cool match between 2 legit-over superstars, so obviously they will make sure to not do it at WrestleMania and put Styles in a multi-man match for the IC title or nothing.

Anth0ny

Elimination Chamber usually involves an Elimination Chamber match, which isn't...a rematch.

Meltzer says that Cena-Undertaker is like 90% locked, but I don't really see why the WWE Championship should be in the match at all. Seems stupid to have a guaranteed marquee match-up with or without the belt and just add the belt to it to ruin some other marquee match.

and Taker is the champ going into the match?

Taker chasing Cena for the belt doesn't make much sense

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
I've wanted Orton vs AJ since the brand split, but I think they know it's a money feud that they can do whenever. Like, it's an easy main event for them to do for Money in the Bank or SummerSlam, when they aren't having to fill time with part-timers.

Second half of PROGRESS mystery show. Go out of your way to catch it. Please.

Matches:
PROGRESS title: Pete Dunne vs Fabian Aichner
Sebastian & Pastor William Eaver vs Sexsmith & Mambo
Will Ospreay vs Jimmy Havoc

Results/Thoughts:
Dunne pinned Aichner. Aichner's Springboard dive is nuts.

Pastor lariated and pinned Mambo. Comedy story match. Sebastian is a decent Miz substitute. The return of the WrassleGAF feared "Nutella bladejob"

Jimmy beat Ospreay. Best Will vs Jimmy match technically? Will has come so far even this year. Post match angle perfect, Jimmy apologises for everything he did to Will, and asks him to help deal with Seven/Dunne/Bate. Will shakes hand then mauls him, snapping having not won a single PROGRESS match in 2016. Robbo comes out with a barbed wire bat, and Will calls back to Jimmy's "I'm going to torture you now" line from their first interaction that started their feud. Newly minted, fully justified, mega heel created for 2017. Looking forward to dickhead Swords of Essex in PROGRESS.

Oh and Ospreay has a Rainmaker Trouble In Paradise now. It's dope.

WhatCulture had another video of the ten worst WWE PPV matches of the year.

10. Charlotte vs Natalya Payback. Their reasons for it being on the list isn't because it was a bad match but because of the mindfuck of the finish with the Montreal Screwjob rehash because Bret was at ringside.
9. Dolph Ziggler vs Dean Ambrose Summerslam. On the list because the match did not liveup to the build-up at all.
8. Dana Brooke vs Bayley HIAC. Just a pretty bad match.
7. Dean Ambrose vs Brock Lesnar Wrestlemania 32. The usual reason why people hate this match, it did not leave up to the hype at all.
6. Nia Jax vs Alicia Fox Clash of Champions. A bad match that didn't do a good job of selling Nia as a monster heel due to Alicia getting some decent offense in.
5. Dean Ambrose vs Chris Jericho Extreme Rules. A slow match which killed the crowd since a cut segment gave about an extra ten or fifteen minutes to the match.
4. The Miz vs Darren Young Battleground. Like with number ten, their reason is the finish being terrible as well as how the match going out by DQ made no sense given neither Miz or Darren Young had been attacked by someone not in the match.
3. Breezango vs Golden Truth Money in the Bank. A throwaway comedy match (this might be a bias given the same guy put R Truth as number one for the worst wrestlers of 2016) and nothing more.
2. HHH vs Roman Reigns Wrestlemania 32. 27 minutes of a bad match no one wanted and no one was happy to watch.
1. Curtis Axel vs R-Truth Fastlane. The match happened out of nowhere with no build-up whereas a match like Kalisto vs Del Rio for the US title was on the pre-show. Being number is harsh to me but as I said above, the guy just doesn't seem to like R-Truth that much.
British Monsoon will be able to provide you with GIFs

Stinkface, powder to the outside,come up with a face of Nutella

Nutella is chocolate spread, for the Yanks.
Well then.

Guess I'm never eating Nutella again.

RBH

M0m6NRu.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
and Taker is the champ going into the match?

Taker chasing Cena for the belt doesn't make much sense
Elimination Chamber is usually a title match. What I'm saying is that I don't see them using EC as AJ's official "rematch". It makes way more sense for Taker to interfere at Rumble to set up a Cena match than it does for either party to have the title.

Syder

Holy shit I thought you were joking but nope Kizarny debuted the 2nd of January when vignettes started in October. Maybe if we're lucky Emmalina will debut with a completely different gimmick like he did.
As far as I know Kizarny is the longest time between vingettes and TV debut. Emmalina is on her way to becoming the longest.

Record breaking Women's Division.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
have they released gallows and anderson? I havent heard anything about them in ages

Zach

Oh, wait. The main event of No Way Out '03 is a year-later Hogan/Rock rematch?

This is gonna be disastrous, isn't it?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
They had a match against Golden Truth this week..

Smackdown beating Raw is cool, but also bad. Vince will go out of his way to fuck it now.

sorry dude, I get my Raw info from this thread pretty much lol

somedevil

As far as I know Kizarny is the longest time between vingettes and TV debut. Emmalina is on her way to becoming the longest.

Record breaking Women's Division.

Glacier vignettes started in April and he did not debut until Sept 9

Oh, wait. The main event of No Way Out '03 is a year-later Hogan/Rock rematch?

This is gonna be disastrous, isn't it?

Well the Rock's theme and entrance video was great. The match and finish is another story.

klonere

Banned
PROGRESS spoilers are everything I ever wanted.

They've totally righted the ship after a rather dodgy summer main event storywise,

Top Bottom