• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
We couldn't get rid of Shoe, but can we please get rid of AJ?

9loC7Lz.gif

Guzim

Either they really have no idea what to do with Brie and Nikki, or they're just going to have Brie turn on her in a month or so as a swerve.

Omega

Banned
So... why didn't they just:

Have an even match.
Cena gains advantage, goes to AA Seth through a table.
JJ makes save, then beat down Cena. Set him up for the triple team power bomb.
Reigns's music hits, Spears one J, Super Punches the other, gets into staredown with Rollins.
Cena grabs Rollins from behind and AAs him through a table.

Instead, everyone looks like shit except for Cena and Reigns and we have a random Big Show?

This implies that they wanted to make others look good

I don't get the point. Rewatching a lot of older stuff from the 90s made it pretty obvious that wrestling is at it's most popular when it's shocking. Expect the unexpected. WWE has none of that these days. Nothing is surprising. And when something surprising does happen (Punk's pipe bomb, Brock destroying Taker/Lesnar) they do nothing meaningful with it.

What's dumber than Cena-Rollins? The fact that Brie and Nikki are apparently fine now? Is that not the worst booked angle of the year? Brie has to turn on her here right? I'm baffled by this.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I expected Orton but they gave us Reigns instead. The Reigns hate here is crazy sometimes. I can't judge him right now. I need to see him more.

The reigns hate is beccause he's by far the least main-event ready member of the shield, both in the ring and on the mic, but he's the one that's going to get the main event push.

Valentus

so how does work that a face is married with a heel? When Bryan comes back, Brie automatically will be face?

Im confused gaf, halp.

Fox318

I don't get the point. Rewatching a lot of older stuff from the 90s made it pretty obvious that wrestling is at it's most popular when it's shocking. Expect the unexpected. WWE has none of that these days. Nothing is surprising. And when something surprising does happen (Punk's pipe bomb, Brock destroying Taker/Lesnar) they do nothing meaningful with it.

Its hard to get your wife elected to the senate with shocking content

Also Brie looks like an Occupy Wall street protester

can anybody catch me up on what has happened so far? just tuning in

Ziggler won, missed that match somehow.
Usos won via DQ, not much to be said.
Big Show and Rowan threw stairs a lot, Big Show won for some reason.
Cena won, then tied, then won again thanks to help from Roman Reigns.
Nikki and Brie are about to split up again. We think.

The WWE is in a rut known as Vince lacking competition and killer instinct. Everything is safe and long since predetermined. It's next to impossible to break through Vince's cocoon to try and alter what he has planned. Look at last year, it look months of people shitting on his plans before he finally took notice. The plan has long since been Reigns/Lesnar, and I think there is absolutely nothing that will get in the way of Vince putting Regins over the guy who ended the streak

Top Bottom