• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Fox318

Watching ziggler Harper at TLC, and Jesus! Ziggler is taking a beating and a half. It's weird seeing blood nowadays on WWE.

And the announcers trying to ignore it.

Aside from the health risks they cut blood for:

• Mattel
  • Linda's political campaign
  • Cena's Fruity Pebbles/more kid friendly push
  • NBC/USA Network??
  • Warner Brothers relationship with Scooby-Doo and Flintstones
  • Reaction to Benoit/Eddie?
Am I wrong or missing any?

I mean I'd say its a good thing overall for health reasons but these guys work so much and so hard that I don't think they care at all.

Especially with the CM Punk stuff.

strobogo

Banned
Pillman hated him.

Didn't he have guys like Steve Williams around busting heads open at bars to try and generate heat?

I feel like everything I've read in him has been bad.

Of course Pillman hated him. He was the guy doing the most top rope stuff at that time. Pillman was basically the most indie style dude in the company and Bill Watts was 100% old school.

Plus wasn't it Watts that let Flair walk out with the NWA title to the WWF while he was still under contract?

No. Watts took over WCW in 1992. Flair left in the Summer of 1991. And he didn't walk out, he was fired.

Fox318

Regarding the terrorist threat from the Sony Pictures hackers:

http://a.pomf.se/vysgqn.webm

Does North Korea even have the organization capability to do anything?

If it wasn't for China not wanting US bases on their border, Russians using their slave labor, Yakuza using them to smuggle drugs into Japan, and Syria trying to purchase arms from them(Which they don't need with their relationship with Russia) they have nothing.

North Korea in the past has forced their foreign dignitaries into selling drugs in order to bring money into the nation.

Besides Kim-Jung Un has almost no power in the military and his health has been faltering as of late.

Does North Korea even have the organization capability to do anything?

[snip]

they have nothing.

That's pretty much what I was getting at. Besides, it's not really confirmed to be of North Korean origin, yet, I believe. Could just be someone using the obvious scapegoat.

Fox, are you a wizard? You seem to know a lot of stuff about a lot of stuff, friend.

Grey_fox.jpg

Gandalf the Gray Fox

Fox318

Fox, are you a wizard? You seem to know a lot of stuff about a lot of stuff, friend.
Nahh I just like to read.

Plus I believe the smarter you are the dumber you feel. With greater intelligence comes a greater understanding and appreciation for what you don't know.

Right now I'm reading Death of WCW so that's where I'm pulling(from memory) some of the Watts stuff.
Never watched a Mizdow match until this TLC one. Holy shit he is amazing. It's been a while since a match made me laugh this much.

Go watch his survivor series match.

Kaladin

So the person who follows me called in with an emergency today and I'm suddenly pulling a double shift and an all nighter......where's my Z-PAK?

JavyOO7

I believe it was the person prior to Watts that caused Flair to jump ship. I think that person wanted Flair to dawn a persona known as Spartacus? Correct me if I'm wrong.

why didn't they have ambrose and bray on raw? they've handled their feud so poorly. they have them close a PPV but they hardly pushed the match as a main event. their feud has been pushed to hour two on raw since it began. never has closed out a raw or started one. fucking vince. guy doesn't want either of them getting too over while he tries to push reigns.

Fox318

why didn't they have ambrose and bray on raw? they've handled their feud so poorly. they have them close a PPV but they hardly pushed the match as a main event. their feud has been pushed to hour two on raw since it began. never has closed out a raw or started one. fucking vince. guy doesn't want either of them getting too over while he tries to push reigns.

I think they wanted to give both of the guys some time off after that match.

Plus maybe they want the match they put on at Tribute to the Troops to close their rivalry.

They are closing out that show and I'm sure sites have leaked who has won and lost.

Alucard

Banned
Reposting for those who missed it: http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/christopher-daniels-vs-alberto-el-patron-sat-jan-3rd

ROH Sets Up First Opponent for Alberto El Patron

010315danielspatron_0.jpg

ALBERTO EL PATRON is debuting in Ring of Honor! This international superstar has traveled the globe amassing championships and accolades, but now it's time for him to take on the greatest professional wrestlers on the planet! Ever since the announcement that El Patron would be headed to ROH, Head Matchmaker Nigel McGuinness has been inundated with phone calls, texts, and emails from every single athlete in the locker room. Each man wants a shot at El Patron, and there nearly limitless combinations of potential matchups for his ROH tenure. Over the next few days, ROHwrestling.com will be releasing information on who McGuinness has selected to face El Patron in his first ROH matches. But signed for Nashville on January 3rd...

ALBERTO EL PATRON VS. "THE FALLEN ANGEL" CHRISTOPHER DANIELS!

This is a first time ever match against a Ring of Honor original! Since returning to ROH, The Fallen Angel has been reinvigorated and ready to take on absolutely anyone from anywhere. The Addiction has made a huge impact on the ROH tag team division, but Daniels is also pursuing a singles career and having stellar matches against the best in Ring of Honor. Nigel McGuinness couldn't think of a better introduction to our elite roster than "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels!

Daniels is one of the most well-rounded athletes in all of professional wrestling. He refuses to limit himself and that makes him an especially challenging opponent. Daniels can match anyone hold-for-hold, but he's not afraid to take to the sky either! This long tenured veteran has emerged as one of the most respected and successful professional wrestlers competing today, an athlete whose experience and savvy might be unmatched within the ROH locker room. According to Nigel McGuinness, all of these qualities made him the ideal "welcoming committee" for Alberto El Patron in Ring of Honor. On January 3rd, you will have the privilege of watching two of the best do what they love in front of the greatest fans on the planet!

Alberto El Patron's hybrid style combines MMA training with an eclectic mix of Mexican and American pro wrestling techniques. For years, El Patron has stood out as an exceptional talent against anyone who faced him. But any wrestling fan couldn't help but think: what if he had the chance to take on ANYONE in professional wrestling, unrestricted and unrestrained? Finally, that day has arrived. El Patron has been making waves since returning to competition in Mexico, recently securing the AAA Heavyweight Championship. Crowds around the world have exploded every time he makes his entrance. So you know that January 3rd in Nashville is guaranteed to be a very special night for anyone in attendance!

In addition to a stellar live event featuring the ROH debut of Alberto El Patron, January 3rd is also a taping for ROH TV! Our cameras will be rolling to capture everything that goes down while we kick of 2015. Whether you're in the crowd or behind the scenes, the verdict is unanimous: 2014 was the biggest year ever for Ring of Honor's growth and global exposure. But we promise that 2015 will be even bigger! Starting off with the TOP PROSPECT TOURNAMENT and the debut of ALBERTO EL PATRON, 2015 has gotten rolling before it's even officially started! You need to be there LIVE on January 3rd when Ring of Honor returns to Nashville. For tickets to our very first TV taping of the year, click HERE!

Saturday, January 3rd, 2015
National TV Taping
Tennessee State Fairgrounds/Expo
625 Smith Avenue
Nashville, TN 37203

Really psyched for just about any singles match involving Daniels. It also sounds like we'll get at least another opponent or two revealed for El Patron over the coming days.

Vylash

Meltzer reported on today’s Wrestling Observer Radio that announcers and talents have been told to use the “Vigilante” nickname for Sting whenever his name is said on TV, and that is a mandatory directive, with no exceptions.
jy3HYeubWbQKH.jpg

strobogo

Banned
The New Testimonial of the Old Testament with Stro:

Joshua: Sequel to Exodus: Gods and Kings: Moses's Totally Bogus Adventure
Screen-shot-2014-01-13-at-9.43.43-PM.png

Josh takes over after Moses gets dicked over by God and dies not being allowed to cross into the promised land. He's now at the top of God's Fave Five.
ib1Xvrys1gYVRJ.gif

Josh sends some spies ahead of the group. They end up at a whore named Rehab's house. When Chris Jericho came to her house to find these men, she hid them on her roof. Once Jericho left, she told them everyone knew that the Jews were coming to fuck everyone up, but since she did them a favor, she asks for a solid: When they come back to kill everyone, don't kill her family. The spies agree, saying anyone in her house when they come back will be saved, but everyone else is getting mowed the fuck down and it isn't on their hands.
roof-100109.jpg

The Ark of the Covenant is used to part the Jordan River, like Moses's big old rod did to the Red Sea.

For some reason God decides all the Jews need to be recircumcised. How do you circumcise someone twice? Oh. The reason is because the men that were born in the wilderness by the way as they came forth out of Egypt had not been circumcised. Wait. I thought EVERY male got choppy choppied on the 8th day after birth, even during the 40 years of wandering. Why does God care so much about foreskin? So you're telling me that all the men born during those 40 years were walking around uncut? SHAMEFUL SHIT.
cute-animal-blanket-9.jpg

God stops sending manna because now the Jews get to steal all the food from the people's lands they are invading. I'm sorry. Reacquiring.

Josh does a Flair Flop into prayer.

Josh and God make out a game plan for War Games.
images

A lot of trumpets are blown, which stopped and dropped the Walls of Jericho.

The Jews then killed EVERYONE. All the men, women, children, and animals were killed by sword. Then the city was burned down. But not before they stole all the silver and gold and iron and all that shit. They also made sure Rehab and her family was fine.
tumblr_mk763qnlSS1rsip49o1_500.gif

One of these mother fuckers took something he wasn't supposed to, so God got pissed at the Jews again. He lets a bunch of Jews get killed in the next battle and won't be with them until they destroy the evil ring or whatever. So Josh rounds up the dude who took the stuff, the stuff he took, his family, and his animals. Then he has them all stoned and set on fire.

A similar thing happens to the city of Ai except this time, the Israelites set up a plan to do a fake attack and then run away, then ambush those that chase after them. Joshua then uses what appears to be a proton canon to kill everyone and everything and burn the city to the ground. They saved the king of the city and tied him to a tree to die. Some 12,000 people were slaughtered and an altar was build to God.
Warmachine-pc.gif

5 Kings in the area kept hearing about this shit and decided to team up. God fucked them all. At one point Josh commands the Sun and the Moon to stay in place until they killed everyone, I guess so as to not fuck with the day planner. The five kings ended up hiding in a cave. Josh had a huge stone moved to seal them in. When he let them out to negotiate peace, he killed them instead. Those five cities had every soul located therein “utterly destroyed”. And pretty much every city they'd come across. Kill EVERYONE, all the animals, take the valuables, and burn it to the ground.
stop-killing-people.jpg

All of this killing goes on for YEARS. By now, Josh is getting too old for this shit. There is still a lot of land to conquer and what tribes get what plots are all set up. I guess in case Josh were to die anytime soon. Caleb shows up and says Moses promised him some shit, so he gets his shit. He makes it out to be that the all of this killing has been going on for 5 years, but right before that the book says Josh is getting really old. So either he started old or someone's time line is off. This shit goes on for like 10 pages. Every tribe gets what they get, sometimes down to individuals, down to what side of the road, where their property line ends, what half of the fucking dog belongs to them. Christ. I GET IT.
tumblr_mr6vbbZz1j1se4rigo1_500.gif

Many years later, Josh dies at 110 years old. But not before threatening everyone that God is going to fuck them all up and they are on their own now, so they better be on their best behavior.
inn1XHMuMZTIy.gif

Man, this shit is dark. The Quran picked the wrong dude. Moses is a punk ass buster next to Joshua. Straight up marching through cities, killing everyone, stealing everything, then erasing them like they never existed. That's some harsh shit, man. Seems like Mohammed was following Joshua's lead more than Moses.

Top Bottom