• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Fox318

I think some wrestling fans hate too much. I've enjoyed the product the last month. Except for two eps of Raw, its been pretty good.

Smack down good so far

Compare this to NXT Takedown R:Evolution

Plus some of these guys are in no condition to work this many nights in a row.

Plus they probably have house shows booked for every day this week.

jred2k

I was legitimately shocked when I heard Cole utter the initials N-X-T during the Paige & Emma match on Main Event.
It sounded like he was saying a dirty word.

They won't do it for the same reason they didn't talk about Nitro during the Monday Night Wars before they bought WCW.
Can't acknowledge that superior competition. It'll make you look bad.

Are the Simpons threads for the new episodes like this thread? It seems like that would probably also people watching a show they know will be bad for the slight ray of hope that it could be a fraction of as good as it was in the 90's.

I only ask because I'm sure I've seen you in threads discussing the new seasons.

Why compare it to anything? If he's enjoying the show, then let him enjoy it. All while you whine about it...while still watching.

What do working their normal schedules have to do with enjoying the show? Did I miss something?

Lemme make somethin' else very clear to ya. In this time of free agency, don't think Brock's not marketable people. He goes to the highest bidder. Now you figure that out, smarty! That means -- if he's the best, he must be workin' for the best, and makin' the most! The same applies to John Cena, Daniel Bryan, Randy Orton...they work for the number one operation. Vince McMahon. The WWE Network. March 29th! WrestleMania 31! There's nothin' else goin' on!

:jnc Heel

So i have to wait after the Rumble another 3 or so months to see Brock wrestle again? F'n Sucks!!!

Mr.Swag

Banned

Just cause it didn't air on tv doesn't mean NXT doesn't count as WWE. I'm counting it in my enjoyment.

Fox318

Why compare it to anything? If he's enjoying the show, then let him enjoy it. All while you whine about it...while still watching.

What do working their normal schedules have to do with enjoying the show? Did I miss something?

He was questioning why some people didn't liked it. When comparing to what WWE can do its frustrating.

Also I don't like seeing guys kill themselves for no reason.

JavyOO7

Short divas matches. The suck. I hope Bayley/Charlotte/Sasha and the rest of the NXT ladies never leave that little fed that could but I know they must eventually... man that's going to suck hard.

UberTag

Are the Simpons threads for the new episodes like this thread? It seems like that would probably also people watching a show they know will be bad for the slight ray of hope that it could be a fraction of as good as it was in the 90's.

I only ask because I'm sure I've seen you in threads discussing the new seasons.
That's definitely a common occurrence the vast majority of the time.
However, just like last week's NXT pay-per-view, a decent Simpsons episode crops up from time-to-time and it's typically well-received and acknowledged when it does.

This year's Christmas ep was pretty damn good.
Not perfect. Not "Simpsons in the 90s" caliber. But solid for late 2014.

ScribbleD

How is Jimmy the face here? Hearing Cole's excuses just reinforces that he's the heel.

"He saw Miz cheering for his wife!" Therefore he attacked him.

hamchan

I can't tell if Miz is the heel since everything unfortunate that's happening in the story is all due to Jimmy being an asshole!

So where the hell is this angle going, exactly?

Miz + Mizdow have to break up soonish and it's not exactly hard to guess who comes out the heel from that. This is some weird ... jealousy-ish angle trying to paint Miz well and 1x Uso with some heel-ish resentment? I'm so damn confused.
I can't tell if Miz is the heel since everything unfortunate that's happening in the story is all due to Jimmy being an asshole!
I KNOW! This is in total contrast to deliberately playing the crowd to hate him with Mizdow.

Fox318

So where the hell is this angle going, exactly?

Miz + Mizdow have to break up soonish and it's not exactly hard to guess who comes out the heel from that. This is some weird ... jealousy-ish angle trying to paint Miz well and 1x Uso with some heel-ish resentment? I'm so damn confused.

WWE wants the Uso's with the tag belts on.

breakup can't happen until they lose the belts

Vylash

Yay. The Usos hardly got a pop!

imt0ynS1SiEfg.gif

jred2k

Short divas matches. The suck. I hope Bayley/Charlotte/Sasha and the rest of the NXT ladies never leave that little fed that could but I know they must eventually... man that's going to suck hard.

It's sucked for Paige and Emma. Why should the others be any different?

The part I can't understand is how Vince can have a daughter and grand daughters and still give no shits about portraying any of the women as talented. You'd think he'd put some care into making the Divas look like equals at least for their sake.

UberTag

Just wait until they're rendered "just another diva" getting trotted out weekly in meaningless 6-man tag matches with hair pulling and roll-up pins as they prep for their future career in Total Divas.
You will weep.

How is Jimmy the face here? Hearing Cole's excuses just reinforces that he's the heel.

"He saw Miz cheering for his wife!" Therefore he attacked him.
All of the good guys in 2014 WWE are dicks. The Usos are simply following suit.

how do they justify the number of TV hours they put out a week when it's so obvious that they don't have the roster to support it
So long as USA and Syfy allow them to air crap and generate ad revenue, it doesn't matter how thin their programming gets. It's all about those precious precious commercials.

WWE wants the Uso's with the tag belts on.

breakup can't happen until they lose the belts
Are we actually going to get heel Usos, though? And if we do that makes Miz look face-ish with his ongoing whatever with Naomi, which is just not going to work.
The titles going back has been a given for awhile.

Fox318

Are we actually going to get heel Usos, though? And if we do that makes Miz look face-ish with his ongoing whatever with Naomi, which is just not going to work.
The titles going back has been a given for awhile.

They view the Uso's as Cena JR.

Limited move set and their focus is on getting the crowd chanting.
And they wear brightly colored merch to appeal to kids.

Any other era in tag teams they would be midcarders

Also sound is completely broken on the app segment lol.

Top Bottom