• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

Friends, that was one of the best PPVs in a long while. Certainly the best this year barring WM31. A few good matches, a couple decent ones, and a great ending.

The future is now clear.

Reigns fired tomorrow. Reigns destroys Del Rio, Barrett, Rusev, and Sheamus randomly over the next few weeks. HHH is forced to then have a match with Reigns at Royal Rumble. If Reigns wins, he gets his spot back, and even an entry into the Roman Rumble 2016 Edition. If he loses, he remains fired.

Beats HHH. Enters at number one. But Barack Lesnar is number two. Load the Rumble with other stars like Cena, Ambrose, Owens, League of Nations etc. Final two are Reigns and Lesnar, and HHH costs Reigns the match.

So Reigns wins the battle, but loses the Raw is War.

Fast Lane, Lesnar takes the title from Casper the Ghost. Reigns faces HHH to determine the number one contendor.

We finally have our Reigns vs. Lesnar II.

The birth of a glorious new era. Meanwhile HHH can go on to face Dean Ambrose or something.

Balee Dat.
Let me get my suicide note ready.

Jericho was probably inside dying being in that picture. All of his guys.

Damn Shawn nevet even shared that in his book. Finally I learn how he made it his finish.

KingBroly

Banned
So to what extreme logic are they going to use to give Roman another Title Shot at the Rumble?

All the losers from tonight get a chance? And Roman becomes King of the Shit Pile?

Maybe he'll face BROCK.LESNAR! on free TV?

A Coin flip maybe?

A cook-off? Roman is a father, so he probably has a grill. Roman grills a mean hot dog after all.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Just found out
Jeff Cobb
is playing
Mantanza
in LU.
That's a pretty good choice

saddssafsaoujh5.gif
(gif not from LU but it's the guy)

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
So to what extreme logic are they going to use to give Roman another Title Shot at the Rumble?

All the losers from tonight get a chance? And Roman becomes King of the Shit Pile?

A Coin flip maybe?

A cook-off? Roman is a father, so he probably has a grill. Roman grills a mean hot dog after all.

Roman doesn't want to be given a title shot, he wants to earn it.

That's why he's going to be the first to decl-to declare...at the Royal Rumble match....

tumblr_nwwojrY8v21qh4ed4o5_r1_400.jpg

Shawn shitting on Ziggler was the best. I'm sick of Dolph. He's said he's done with WWE in two years. Just go now.

PPV was pretty good. NegativeInternet gonna Negative, I suppose. Only match I didn't care for was Del Rio/Swagger. I thought the women's match was really good for the main roster. Loved Charlotte's Flair Flop even if Kevin Dunn missed it.

Edit: Forgot about Rusev/Ryback because I was putting my daughter to bed when it was on.

Ryback sucks, but I love Rusev. Meh.

Jopie

A Coin flip maybe?

Put Vince on TV, have him say that its still his damn company, and Roman is working for him to remind HHH and Stephanie who the real boss is.

If we have to relive old storylines, might as well get a bunch out of the way at once.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty good PPV. Worth watching most of it. Main event was far better than expected, and post-match beatdown was excellent.

Welcome back Verendus.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I thought the Sheamus and Roman match was real good. I was afraid, above all else, that there would be no chemistry but they managed just fine and told a story with some well executed high risk spots. I dont think the hate was warranted. I thought it was absolute shit that people in the other thread were measuring how successful the match is based on crowd reaction. Sometimes, fuck the crowd.

The ending was perfect. Their best ending I can remember off hand since Rollins/Cena/Brock at RR'15

There's a lot of people who have decided what they even want to hear from the crowd, and don't form opinions based on what they're seeing.

So I'm always negative. But I can't be tonight. Tag title match was hot. Charlotte put in a good match, I like the change in her.

The aftermath of the main event was awesome. Just awesome. WWE needs excitement back, and a anything can happen attitude. The rest of the PPV was bad, but at least by the end I was saying wow, and cringing in a good way.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
There's a lot of people who have decided what they even want to hear from the crowd, and don't form opinions based on what they're seeing.

This has been going on for a few years in the WWE and has become a lethal dose of poison. You can't feel what you want to feel!

Mizerman

Don't be that guy again.

If they didn't like the match, then they didn't like the match. Simple as that.

Don't make excuses just because you feel that people have to be obligated to like something.

Mahonay

Banned
I understand that for a B PPV tonight's show was definitely not bad. By current standards, it was solid.

Having stopped watching RAW completely I think I have stopped giving WWE passes on things that I think are done at a subpar level when compared to other wrestling products and other genres of TV. My overall tolerance for the core WWE product over the past couple of months has dropped, drastically. To sway me in the other direction, tonight needed to do much more than could have realistically happened. I'm not sure why tonight specifically was a tipping point, but it was.

It continues to boggle my mind that NXT is produced by the same company. I am looking forward to Takeover London.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Don't be that guy again.

If they didn't like the match, then they didn't like the match. Simple as that.

Don't make excuses just because you feel that people have to be obligated to like something.

Crowd was fine tonight, has nothing to do with tonight pal

Verendus

Banned
Welcome back Verendus
Glad you're back, Verendus. It was getting lonely here on the Reigns Train
Pretty good PPV. Worth watching most of it. Main event was far better than expected, and post-match beatdown was excellent.

Welcome back Verendus.
Thank you friends.

As I finished watching TLC, I felt I must log onto GAF to share this positivity with BatistaGAF. To see that I had earned my freedom on this day is clearly a sign from the stars.

The Wrestling Heavens favour the Roman Empire.

Mizerman

Crowd was fine tonight, has nothing to do with tonight pal

Oh, they were fine when Roman started to beat the living hell out of Trips. Something they should've been portraying him as after all this time. The actual match between Reigns and Sheamus was not good.

And the whole burying your head in the sand doesn't work with me. You can BS yourself, you can BS others, but you won't do it with me.

Mahonay

Banned
Nothing about the main event or aftermath sold me on the story. Personally, I felt sympathetic for HHH's character by the end which is obviously not the intended effect.

I can never in a billion years buy Roman Reigns as the underdog being kept down by the man, it's too big of a leap in my mind. It just comes off as insulting,

Mizerman

not sure I follow

You never will.

I can never in a billion years buy Roman Reigns as the underdog being kept down by the man, it's too big of a leap in my mind. It just comes off as insulting,

Same here.

At this moment, there's really nothing for me to believe that Reigns is an underdog who's being thwarted at his chances of being champion. He's gonna be champion soon enough, given that they're grooming him as the next guy.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The crowd being "fine" doesn't suddenly make it an engaging product to me.

Nah that's cool. Everyone's different in what they like and what resonates with them. I just wasn't trying to say the crowd was a huge part of that match. I liked the match, it didn't do anything for you, that's alright because diff'rent strokes. I thought it was a far better match than expected (I didn't expect much really)

Main event was flat because the tag match was total insanity. Felt like one of the Dudley/Harry's/EC matches

WWE really needs to stop with all gimmick ppvs

ngower

I was at the PPV. Sasha/Becky was a pretty decent match and the tag match was incredible...then it just all went downhill. The fire botch was ridiculous, Ambrose/Owens deserved more time, "CM Punk" chants during del Rio v Swagger....it was just bad. One title change, no surprise cameos and most finishes were drama-free. It was a cookie-cutter night in many ways.

From what I can gather, the Cena chants were largely in jest. "We want Cena" followed by "No you don't." Semeed like everyone was in on the joke.

The title match was garbage and the whole Reigns unhinged thing was kinda silly, but could pay off on Raw. We'll see.

Either way, for a fucking TLC PPV, they sure did make it full of boring spots and chain wrestling. The Kalisto spot was worth the price of admission, though.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I was at the PPV. Sasha/Becky was a pretty decent match and the tag match was incredible...then it just all went downhill. The fire botch was ridiculous, Ambrose/Owens deserved more time, "CM Punk" chants during del Rio v Swagger....it was just bad. One title change, no surprise cameos and most finishes were drama-free. It was a cookie-cutter night in many ways.

From what I can gather, the Cena chants were largely in jest. "We want Cena" followed by "No you don't." Semeed like everyone was in on the joke.

The title match was garbage and the whole Reigns unhinged thing was kinda silly, but could pay off on Raw. We'll see.

Either way, for a fucking TLC PPV, they sure did make it full of boring spots and chain wrestling. The Kalisto spot was worth the price of admission, though.
That Kalisto spot was insane for WWE. All in a day's work for Kalisto but DAMN it looked bananas.

ngower

That Kalisto spot was insane for WWE. All in a day's work for Kalisto but DAMN it looked bananas.

Everyone was on their feet. "This is awesome" had some genuine heart behind it because that was genuinely awesome. Spots like that are what TLC is supposed to be about. For them to set the tone with that and then fail to deliver the rest of the night really did them in.

Top Bottom