• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

notworksafe

I lost it when Sheamus gave Reigns the Beats of the Bodhrán, directly hitting the protective chest piece of Reigns. Made no god damn sense.

They both better recognize and start watching some old D-Lo footage. It's the real deal now.

Been going through 98 again (just got to Survivor Series) and good lord his headshake and strut always make me laugh

QsMijxp.gif

Fox318

Other things wrestling fans find acceptable and often, hilarious.

Chanting the name of a man who murdered his wife and kids, then himself. Just to perhaps annoy a wrestler.

Oh god I was at NXT in Brooklyn and the people sitting 4 seats away started chanting for Benoit.

Then he left with his Cena Shirt on to get another extra large soda.

kiguel182

98-99 was chock full of shit wrestling. The characters and story booking made it work.

Would legit be surprised if he never gave himself whiplash.

Yeah, not a good match. But the commentarie is calling it and it's shorter than what we get every week. So it helps.

notworksafe

98-99 was chock full of shit wrestling. The characters and story booking made it work.

Would legit be surprised if he never gave himself whiplash.

Him and the Headbangers both, though they never even shook their heads as violently as him

Maybe it's just me but it seems D-Lo actually started doing the headshake more after DX did their bizarre/racist parody of the Nation.

Mahonay

Banned
Oh god I was at NXT in Brooklyn and the people sitting 4 seats away started chanting for Benoit.

Then he left with his Cena Shirt on to get another extra large soda.
Man those kind of people make me feel absolutely embarrassed to be at wrestling show. There's almost always at least one guy like that a few rows away. Usually the type you described. I always hope someone just gets sick of it and punches them in the face.

Verendus

Banned
Today, I managed to think of how the next Stone Cold Steve Austin's (that's Roman btw) journey should progress from here.

It's simple.

Reigns fired. Reigns keeps beating up the League of Nations. The Haitch then makes a match for the Rumble against Reigns. If Reigns wins, he gets to remain in the WWE, and gets an entry into the Roman Rumble.

Reigns beats Haitch clean. Stephanie then informs him he'll be entering number one. Barack Lesnar enters number two. Pack the Rumble with other guys like Cena, Owens, Del Rio, Ambrose etc. Final three are Roman, Ambrose, and Lesnar. Haitch costs both Ambrose and Roman where Lesnar eliminates them both.

This sets up Reigns vs. Haitch Part Deux at Fast Lane, and also Lesnar vs. Sheamus. Since Lesnar is cashing his title shot early, Reigns and Haitch are competing for the number one contendor spot.

Ambrose helps Reigns beat HHH. Obviously, this just means Haitch is trying to cheat, and Ambrose thwarts his plans. Have to keep the Roman Emperor looking beastly after all. Lesnar beats Sheamus.

This sets up Reigns vs. Lesnar II, like destiny requires. And Ambrose vs. Haitch. Dean has legitimate cause to cost HHH the match since he's friends with Reigns, and Haitch also cost him the Rumble match.

Round out the rest of the card with Cena vs. Taker, League of Nations vs. Wyatts, and a few other matches. We done.

Gonna email this to WWE right now. Will ask for some form of compensation for making WM32 the greatest of all the times. Not often I flex these clearly immense creative muscles.

Fox318

So much of the product being bad comes from the fact that except for maybe 1 year in 2003-04 nobody ever fucking liked or trusted cole.

Then he turned heel and turned back.

The single biggest face reaction was the lead announcer getting destroyed and carted out with a neck brace.

And this is the guiding voice we are supposed to trust?

Verendus

Banned
Batista should win the rumble this year.

Then he should face Vince and the 45 writers.
I would happily throw out all plans for Roman if it meant Batista could get that third win and headline Wrasslin'Mania once more.

Batista vs. The Rock. Hollywood vs. Hollywood. Leather vs. Leather. Sunglasses vs. Sunglasses. Drax vs. Black Adam. Ice vs. Fire.

Fox318

I would happily throw out all plans for Roman if it meant Batista could get that third win and headline Wrasslin'Mania once more.

Batista vs. The Rock. Hollywood vs. Hollywood. Leather vs. Leather. Sunglasses vs. Sunglasses. Drax vs. Black Adam. Ice vs. Fire.

Except Batista's muscles aren't just for show.

Rey Mysterio
part of Lucha Underground season 2?!

YQ9bhBi.png

That's been official and not a spoiler for days. If it's on the Twitter account and in the season 2 trailer, it's free game

How's WrassleGAF's favorite dead guy doing

8ad7Oxf.png

#IAmGratefulGrapefruit #GrapefulForHavingBonesLeft

This could be a dream match. If WM would take place in Los Angeles. Think about it: the celebrities that worked with both could take sides.

I feel sorry for defending Becky Lynch alongside Klonere now that I know he literally sees lady wrestlers as objects and that she was just another "cut of beef". smh

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

I suppose this is where everyone makes their own lists, right?

Wrestler of the Year: Juan Sina

Runner-Up Wrestler of the Year: Kevin Owens

Tag Team of the Year: The New Day

Rookie of the Year: Kevin Owens

Worst Rookie: Tyler Breeze (sorry, dude is DOA)

Female Wrestler of the Year: On the Main Roster, nobody. Sasha didn't do anything on the main roster. Paige had the most events but I can't understand anything she says and her character is a bitch for no reason.

NXT Star of the Year: This is hard to say because Owens was there like half the year,
but I guess Finn Bálor

Best Heel: Kevin Owens

Worst Heel: Sheamus

Worst Gimmick: MexAmerica

WWE Match of the Year: Kevin Owens vs. John Cena, Elimination Chamber

NXT Match of the Year: Sasha Banks vs. Bayley, TakeOver: Brooklyn

Lame Duck of the Year: Dolph Ziggler

Most Underappreciated Performer: Kane, particularly Jolly Kane, I can't believe they killed that so fast.

Best Storyline: Kevin Owens vs. the hypocritical audience

Worst Storyline: Ziggler Love Dodecahedron/tied with the Wyatts kidnap the Undertaker for no rhyme or reason/tied with the Undertaker's Dick Punches

Best Special Effects: Bray Wyatt's Lightning. Or Finn Balor's body paint if you pretend he doesn't wear that ridiculous hat.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Doing some work on the Fourth Annual Carnies polling.

I'd like to hear some user-submitted categories. I have two slots open for user submitted categories.

Current fields:

Male WWE Superstar of the Year
Best Non-WWE Wrestler
Tag Team of 2015
Best Women's Wrestler of 2015
WWE Match of the Year
Non-WWE Match of the Year
Promotion of the Year
Best on the Mic
Best New Gimmick
Best Angle of 2015
Best Face
Best Heel
Best Special Show of 2015
Comeback of the Year
Most Improved Wrestler
"The Drizzling Shits" Award - Worst On-Screen Performer
"The Max Moon Award" - Worst New Gimmick
"I'm Marking Out Bro" Award (your mark-out moment)
"The Cesaro Award" (underutilized star that never amounted to anything this year)
"The King Kong Bundy Mania 2 to 3" Fall From Grace Award
"I'm So Ashamed of Being A Wrestling Fan" Award (ultimate wahjah award)
"The Great Khali Award" (Please Retire)
GIF of the Year
"What A Maneuver!" Award (best move or finisher)
"Carny Motherfucker" of the Year
WrassleGAF Community MVP Award
"I'm Legit Shook" Award (moment where something happened you never thought you'd see happen)
Best New Theme of 2015
"That Motherfucker" Award of 2015 (Best badass)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I updated the post, but

Male WWE Superstar of the Year
Best Non-WWE Wrestler
Tag Team of 2015
Best Women's Wrestler of 2015
WWE Match of the Year
Non-WWE Match of the Year
Promotion of the Year
Best on the Mic
Best New Gimmick
Best Angle of 2015
Best Face
Best Heel
Best Special Show of 2015
Comeback of the Year
Most Improved Wrestler
"The Drizzling Shits" Award - Worst On-Screen Performer
"The Max Moon Award" - Worst New Gimmick
"I'm Marking Out Bro" Award (your mark-out moment)
"The Cesaro Award" (underutilized star that never amounted to anything this year)
"The King Kong Bundy Mania 2 to 3" Fall From Grace Award
"I'm So Ashamed of Being A Wrestling Fan" Award (ultimate wahjah award)
"The Great Khali Award" (Please Retire)
GIF of the Year
"What A Maneuver!" Award (best move or finisher)
"Carny Motherfucker" of the Year
WrassleGAF Community MVP Award
"I'm Legit Shook" Award (moment where something happened you never thought you'd see happen)
Best New Theme of 2015
"That Motherfucker" Award of 2015 (Best badass)

Top Bottom