• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
We need an award for worst mic promo of the year. Tator tots.

You need to distance yourself from this. I bet you can find something much worse. It's been a very long year.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Okada has that wrapped up with a bow on it fam

I don't think you can compare WWE with anything else based on both viewers and the fact that they're entirely different things.

You need to distance yourself from this. I bet you can find something much worse. It's been a very long year.

Literally all of the buildup to WM with Roman's Flashcard promos was this year, its just a long year and people forget.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
guys, I know we have our disagreements but in the end, I really do think we are a fantastic community. I been following the One Punch Man OT it is no bueno.

An OT about children's drawings? You know what to expect when kids are involved in the drawn medium here.

Today, I managed to think of how the next Stone Cold Steve Austin's (that's Roman btw) journey should progress from here.

It's simple.

Reigns fired. Reigns keeps beating up the League of Nations. The Haitch then makes a match for the Rumble against Reigns. If Reigns wins, he gets to remain in the WWE, and gets an entry into the Roman Rumble.

Reigns beats Haitch clean. Stephanie then informs him he'll be entering number one. Barack Lesnar enters number two. Pack the Rumble with other guys like Cena, Owens, Del Rio, Ambrose etc. Final three are Roman, Ambrose, and Lesnar. Haitch costs both Ambrose and Roman where Lesnar eliminates them both.

This sets up Reigns vs. Haitch Part Deux at Fast Lane, and also Lesnar vs. Sheamus. Since Lesnar is cashing his title shot early, Reigns and Haitch are competing for the number one contendor spot.

Ambrose helps Reigns beat HHH. Obviously, this just means Haitch is trying to cheat, and Ambrose thwarts his plans. Have to keep the Roman Emperor looking beastly after all. Lesnar beats Sheamus.

This sets up Reigns vs. Lesnar II, like destiny requires. And Ambrose vs. Haitch. Dean has legitimate cause to cost HHH the match since he's friends with Reigns, and Haitch also cost him the Rumble match.

Round out the rest of the card with Cena vs. Taker, League of Nations vs. Wyatts, and a few other matches. We done.

Gonna email this to WWE right now. Will ask for some form of compensation for making WM32 the greatest of all the times. Not often I flex these clearly immense creative muscles.
On that note I think I might sit down with my fiancée while she's getting her nails done

And he's in the Season 2 trailer lol

I didn't know man, I'm not at the top of my twitter game like you guys. I'm old school, I still wait by the letterbox for my 1 sided observer text document typed goodness.

guys, I know we have our disagreements but in the end, I really do think we are a fantastic community. I been following the One Punch Man OT it is no bueno.

The two new communities I've branched out to this year have been great. I good shout out to...

MMA GAF
Comic GAF

There's even discussions in Comic GAF. CRITIQUES!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I appreciate that you give out so many awards that none of them really matter. Like a real awards show.

"Best use of a foreign object in a sanctioned WWE match filmed in Florida in the second half of 2015"

We're getting there.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Some of those awards have way too obvious winners.

Like Best on the Mic?

In what world does Paul Heyman not win that one?

Mine, really. he hasn't done anything memorable on the mic this year. Diminishing returns. He's good, but he ain't my best.

Really, Xavier Woods is beating Heyman in my world.

I'm not wasting my time nominating unless the winners of these awards are officially informed of their victory and presented with a WRASSLEGAF AWARD.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Some of those awards have way too obvious winners.

Like Best on the Mic?

In what world does Paul Heyman not win that one?

I wouldn't. He hasn't given a promo I haven't already heard in a very long time.

He has one promo with 5 different variants of phrases he's trying to get over.

Toki767

Mine, really. he hasn't done anything memorable on the mic this year. Diminishing returns. He's good, but he ain't my best.

Really, Xavier Woods is beating Heyman in my world.

He single handedly saved that Reigns/Lesnar match with his promos alone. Especially after that awful tug of war over the belt.

He also had great delivery on his promo on Taker with that whole "Your soul may belong to the Devil, but your ass belongs to Brock Lesnar" line.

Really, Xavier's the best manager. Not the best promo.

miserable

chop1ebqmc.gif

notworksafe

Less is more when it comes to awards imo. Maybe like...

Best Superstar
Best Female Wrassler
Most Improved
Worst Storyline
Best Storyline
"The Cesaro Award" (underutilized star that never amounted to anything this year)
"The King Kong Bundy Mania 2 to 3" Fall From Grace Award
Rookie of the Year
NXT Star of the Year
Best Match of the year
"Big Show/Please Retire Award" for Superstar who needs to take a break

Angry Grimace

And they're always so fucking loud. It's a microphone....stop yelling.

And I find it actually annoying how much he's shilling for merch in between the lines, e.g. "let's talk about Suplex City for 5 minutes (because this is selling well)."

Angry Grimace

R-Truth not realizing he's in the MITB match has to get some recognition as one of the best moments of the year followed by reusing the same joke 6 months later at Survivor Series like everyone forgot it as one of the lamest moments of the year.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Less is more when it comes to awards imo. Maybe like...

Best Superstar
Best Female Wrassler
Most Improved
Worst Storyline
Best Storyline
"The Cesaro Award" (underutilized star that never amounted to anything this year)
"The King Kong Bundy Mania 2 to 3" Fall From Grace Award
Rookie of the Year
NXT Star of the Year
Best Match of the year
"Big Show/Please Retire Award" for Superstar who needs to take a break

not opposed to this viewpoint

Carnies need to be lean and mean, like our OPs.

Previously due to Daniel Bryan fans they wanted more categories so he could win more, but since that wave has died down, I'm fine with cutting the fat.

notworksafe

Previously due to Daniel Bryan fans they wanted more categories so he could win more, but since that wave has died down, I'm fine with cutting the fat.

My only concern is that the list seems WWE focused, though I suppose not all the answers have to be. I tried to make it somewhat generalized. Maybe something for "Best non-WWE wrestler" and "Best non-WWE match" would complete the list.

Personally I think "bad" awards (Worst X of the Year) are lame so I purposely omitted a bunch of the ones you had listed.

klonere

Banned

I am definitely in favour of trimming down the awards. As you said, mean and lean.

Plus it makes it easier on all involved.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
My only concern is that the list seems WWE focused, though I suppose not all the answers have to be. I tried to make it somewhat generalized. Maybe something for "Best non-WWE wrestler" and "Best non-WWE match" would complete the list.

Personally I think "bad" awards (Worst X of the Year) are lame so I purposely omitted a bunch of the ones you had listed.

It used to be a bit worse without the WWE designation - because due to just plain popularity and people not watching alternatives, they'd never have a chance. It does even it out a bit.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If so many people in this community think WWE is bad then why is WWE the only promotion that still gets their own awards?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If so many people in this community think WWE is bad then why is WWE the only promotion that still gets their own awards?

They actually love WWE, but don't want to let WWE know they love them. I think it's an anime thing.

Best wrestling fan moment - me and tm24 attending BOLA and getting food <3

"FallingEdge sweating through BOLA 2015"

Angry Grimace

Because the answer to shitty storylines isn't going further down the carny rabbit hole

notworksafe

It used to be a bit worse without the WWE designation - because due to just plain popularity and people not watching alternatives, they'd never have a chance. It does even it out a bit.

Understandable. Yeah adding a couple non-WWE specific catagories would probably be best then, if the list is being cut down. I'll need somewhere I can put in a vote for Pentagon Jr :p

Anth0ny

Top Bottom