• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

klonere

Banned
Just checking friends, but I believe it's still the Age of the Roman Empire.

faSnEWs.gif

2001 Royal Rumble.

The best Royal Rumble of all the times in the world.

My favorite is the year Big Show threw himself over the top rope at the end and nobody won, which led to HHH Vs. HBK which resulted in another win for Abeyance, who sits cozy with eight title reigns throughout their historic career.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
My favorite is the year Big Show threw himself over the top rope at the end and nobody won, which led to HHH Vs. HBK which resulted in another win for Abeyance, who sits cozy with eight title reigns throughout their historic career.

WWE always wants to not acknowledge the historic run Abeyance had in WCW, where it held the belt over a dozen times in the final three years.

Verendus

Banned
Bats didn't win that one though.
2005 was good, but 2001 was a Royal Rumble done pretty much perfectly.

I haven't seen it since who knows when, but I remember a lot of it clearly. The hardcore element, Austin entering when Kane and Undertaker are in an alliance and the only two men in the ring, The Rock and Austin face-off, and a bunch of other things.

The recent Royal Rumbles have been terrible because they're just haphazard. The 2001 had a clear story running through it, with a lot of callbacks to various rivalries. Great stuff.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
2005 was good, but 2001 was a Royal Rumble done pretty much perfectly.

I haven't seen it since who knows when, but I remember a lot of it clearly. The hardcore element, Austin entering when Kane and Undertaker are in an alliance and the only two men in the ring, The Rock and Austin face-off, and a bunch of other things.

The recent Royal Rumbles have been terrible because they're just haphazard. The 2001 had a clear story running through it, with a lot of callbacks to various rivalries. Great stuff.

I just wanted to hear what you'd say about 2005. 2001 is up there with 1992 and 1997 for best Rumbo matches. Though actually the Rumble had a pretty good decade from 2001-2011 where none of them were awful. Having the Smackdown guy potentially win it left it a lot more open than usual for some true fuckery.

Guess we know why alex Riley is so angry.

Like, it's completely against the wrestler code to ever go through another wrestler's bag. One day, Riley walked into an empty locker room and Cena was just going through his bag. He found some pre-workout vitamins and bitched him out for taking supplements, asking if he 'thinks this is ok.' Like, he was looking for a reason to get him fired.

We had the match when Linda was running for Congress for the Stand Up For WWE charity shows, and it was a tag match, I think it was a six man tag match if I remember right. And it was me, Hawkins, and Ziggler vs. Riley, and two other baby faces. Cena had made it clear that he wanted Riley to act a certain way and do certain things. And we structured the entire match to his wishes and it went flawlessly as far as we were concerned.
The second we walked backstage he came up to me and said 'hey where's numbnuts?' And he sees the look on my face and tells me to go get Riley. So all six of us came back and he bitched out Riley in front of the backstage roster -- about how he always tells him to do one thing and he does another, and Cena was 'washing his hands of helping him.' Even Ziggler was like, 'What the hell, man?'

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCir...abe_tuft_also_known_as_tyler_reks_im_here_to/

Barrage

I just wanted to hear what you'd say about 2005. 2001 is up there with 1992 and 1997 for best Rumbo matches. Though actually the Rumble had a pretty good decade from 2001-2011 where none of them were awful. Having the Smackdown guy potentially win it left it a lot more open than usual for some true fuckery.

"97???

The 97 Rumble is hot trash. The roster was thin as fuck, and it has maybe the smallest amoount of wrestlers who are over ever. Only Austin's antics save it from being complete dogshit.

2004 was amazing, but much like the Cosby show is retroactively ruined. 92 is the best, followed by 2001, and then the rest is murky (I have to rewatch the one where Cena returned, but I remember it being very good).

Verendus

Banned
I don't really remember the 2011 one, but from 2001-2010, most of the Royal Rumbles were pretty good. I think 2009 was a little weak, and I can't really remember 2003 that much, but I think the remaining ones were all good from what I recall.

I have no expectations for the upcoming one though. It doesn't seem like they make much of an effort with the actual match in recent times. They have a good opportunity to put enough decent superstars in this one though, especially if Reigns vs. Haitch is the title match.

If you could choose one WrestleGAF poster to put over, who would it be? I can't decide between Plywood or Net_Wrecker, but I'd do the job without complaints.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
1997 Rumbo is dope because its a low key affair with a dire roster that suddenly picks up at the end. It's the best possible ending leading to one of the unexpectedly great matches of one of the best years of wrestling...and I'm not talking about Bret/Austin at WM XIII!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't want anyone here to get anything twisted, Cena is the biggest jerk ever, and has always been like that. He is a punk, and I would tell him that to his face. A phony, and a fake nice guy. And one of the worst wrestlers to ever step foot in a ring.

You're sticking up for RILEY of all people? Dude is a Verified Cunt.

MC Safety

I don't want anyone here to get anything twisted, Cena is the biggest jerk ever, and has always been like that. He is a punk, and I would tell him that to his face. A phony, and a fake nice guy. And one of the worst wrestlers to ever step foot in a ring.

Don't understand the hatred for the guy.

Is it because he "berried" your favorite superstar?

Even if he is a phony and a fake nice guy, he's done more for sick kids and charity than you will ever do in 10 lifetimes.

Fox318

I'm right with you brother.

I'm training just in case cena shoots a single or starts spitting rhymes.

My rap game is weaker than Roman Reigns though.

Top Bottom