• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

Paige-RAW-gifs-001_002.gif

I vote this one.

Last day of work for me today. I'll be back in the office on Jan 4th.

Gonna play a bunch of video games. Gotta finish MGS V and Fallout 4 while im off.

Also gonna catch up on the 97 Nitros and PPVs. I just want WWE to release some WCW Saturday Nights.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's amazing that they keep the Tiger Mask gimmick going considering every single one has been disappointing after the first.

He's still very popular with kids and sells quite a bit of merch, so I guess that's why they keep him around - wouldn't be surprised if we get a proper Tiger Mask successor in a few years or so, tbh.

I don't think Misawa & Kanemoto were bad as Tiger Mask, it's just that neither really wanted the gimmick.

can you really have fake gimmick posters?

^_^
This ain't gimmick posting, this is REAL LIFE.
If Beef is Nash and Fake Nash was Kane.....
Then in the absence of the more suitable Soul Playa I will take up this torch.

Time to go over to gaming side and post some controversial thoughts on some classic games to really get into the role.
If I had to have anyone copy me, it would be you, Friend Owl.

Gonzalez

Banned
He's still very popular with kids and sells quite a bit of merch, so I guess that's why they keep him around - wouldn't be surprised if we get a proper Tiger Mask successor in a few years or so, tbh.

I don't think Misawa & Kanemoto were bad as Tiger Mask, it's just that neither really wanted the gimmick.
Do you think Kamaitachi will come back without a mask, Become either the new Liger or TM, or will he be positioned as an original mask?

Do you think Kamaitachi will come back without a mask, Become either the new Liger or TM, or will he be positioned as an original mask?

I don't really know what they're going to do with Kamaitachi, but he's done so well with his character work in Mexico (especially since losing the mask) that I could definitely see them keeping his current look - it's a good bet that they'll continue the Kamaitachi/Dragon Lee feud at FantasticaMania.

Liger has spoken before about wanting new masked characters to replace him and Tiger in the Jr. division, so perhaps someone like Komatsu could be a candidate for a new version of either.

ROH's Final Battle 2015 is tonight, and I guess A.J. Styles is going to gut through it.

ROH World Championship match: Jay Lethal (c) vs. A.J. Styles
ROH TV Championship match: Roderick Strong (c) vs. Bobby Fish
ROH World Tag Team Championship match: The Kingdom (c) w/Maria Kanellis vs. War Machine
Tag Team #1 Contenders match: The All Night Express vs. The Briscoes vs. The Young Bucks
Matt Sydal, ACH, and Alex Shelley vs. Christopher Daniels, Frankie Kazarian, and Chris Sabin
Adam Cole vs. Kyle O'Reilly
Moose vs. Michael Elgin
Dalton Castle vs. Silas Young

YouTube pre-show match: Cheeseburger vs. Brutal Bob Evans

Holy crap those NXT tickets are selling like crazy. They should move on to bigger venues, or limit the amount of tix you can buy.

If you're referring to TakeOver: Dallas, that's probably more an issue with Ticketmaster's shittiness rather than NXT.

Gonzalez

Banned
because that would make jeff hardy an artist and I think I speak for everyone when I say fuck that
I remember when my sister had a huge crush on Jeff. So one day she checked out his personal website, and saw not only the name of his stupid band(PeroxWhy?Gen), but also his fucking giant tin foil towers that he had in his backyard.

So yes, not only is Jeff an artist, but also multi-talented as well.

bjork

Finn Balor is Jeff Hardy without the cargo pants and the fat brother.

giphy.gif

I remember when my sister had a huge crush on Jeff. So one day she checked out his personal website, and saw not only the name of his stupid band(PeroxWhy?Gen), but also his fucking giant tin foil towers that he had in his backyard.

So yes, not only is Jeff an artist, but also multi-talented as well.

tumblr_mji42eijPx1s7juhuo1_250.gif

Liger looking great at 51;

FaU5hse.jpg

Fun match with Tiger Mask today, Liger was in good form. The whole show was pretty fun, the last few Road to Tokyo Dome shows of the year are usually good - even Taguchi vs Nakamura was great, mostly thanks to Taguchi in all honesty. The main event 4 vs 4 elimination tag main event was great as well, crowd were hyped for Ishii & Shibata and got behind KUSHIDA in a big way when he was left alone with Okada at the end.

Love that Liger wore his old outfit when he wrestled heavyweights and wasn't playing to the crowd as much, really made it a match with a big fight feel. Gotta love the respect between the two vets as well. And yes, for 51 Liger is in incredible shape.

The rest of the matches were fun as well, Nakamura vs. Taguchi was fun for being half-comedy half-Taguchi getting murdered, and the elimination eight-man was very cool, I agree KUSHIDA vs. Okada was a sweet way to finish.

Final card before the Tokyo Dome is tonight (excluding the day before WK10 at the Differ Ariake but that barely counts), with a Tanahashi/Shibata vs. Okada/Ishii main event, plus BUSHI vs. Mascara Dorada for the CMLL Welterweight title. Also based on previous years we should get the reveal of Yano's mystery partners tonight, he usually reveals them at the last big show before the dome. He teams with Nakamura tonight against Cody Hall and that cunt Yujiro.

Is that the Briscoes?

From CZW 2001 or more recent?

Yeah, it's the Briscoes - but it's from 2005 at their local indie in Delaware, it was their return match after Mark had a motorbike accident the year before.

i don't understand what's happening here
12391071_1234791763217151_3298972928203309247_n.jpg

That's a long running Sasuke trope - he gets in the barrel, leaps off the top and tries to crush someone with it, but it never works and just looks insane. Because great Sasuke is. Insane.

Recall

Billy Gunn is a very mediocre wrestler who rambles in a child like manner with his promos.

I'm now going to be told how wrong I am...aren't I?

ROH's Final Battle 2015 is tonight, and I guess A.J. Styles is going to gut through it.

ROH World Championship match: Jay Lethal (c) vs. A.J. Styles
ROH TV Championship match: Roderick Strong (c) vs. Bobby Fish
ROH World Tag Team Championship match: The Kingdom (c) w/Maria Kanellis vs. War Machine
Tag Team #1 Contenders match: The All Night Express vs. The Briscoes vs. The Young Bucks
Matt Sydal, ACH, and Alex Shelley vs. Christopher Daniels, Frankie Kazarian, and Chris Sabin
Adam Cole vs. Kyle O'Reilly
Moose vs. Michael Elgin
Dalton Castle vs. Silas Young

YouTube pre-show match: Cheeseburger vs. Brutal Bob Evans

If you're referring to TakeOver: Dallas, that's probably more an issue with Ticketmaster's shittiness rather than NXT.

Styles said he's pretty close to 100%, he's been doing DDP Yoga and rehabbing like a mother - since the hernia is a muscular one it's not nearly as bad an actual slipped disc. He should be fine even if the result is not in question, no way ROH has a match in the dome not for the title.

Sydal, ACH, and Shelley vs. The Addiction and Sabin is very interesting...Considering the Time Splitters are all but done I could see Shelley turning heel and joining back up with Sabin, reforming the MCMG and then we get reDRagon vs. the MCMG for the IWGP Jr Tag Titles!

in my mind...

Top Bottom