• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

Aren't less and less people watching wrestling now? I don't think there's enough time or interest in people's life to watch so much wrestling from so many different promotions on TV now.

Yeah. I forget the link, but there has been actual evidence showing that when people stop watching WWE, they just stop watching wrestling altogether.

It's part of why bad ratings and bad Network numbers is more significant than you would think for 2015: when those people leave, they don't come back.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I miss WCW Saturday Night.

I know what I'm watching at 6:05!

Speaking about WCW I'm super close to finishing 1997 Nitros.

Crowd is so hot for almost everything, though certain fan bases will sit on their hands for cruiserweight matches no matter how exciting they get.

It's still crazy that the overarching feud for 14 months is Piper and Hogan. With Piper always getting the upper hand. Over Hogan. On a program where he had more or less full creative control. Against a guy who had two bad hips and couldn't even outwrestle Hogan.

Apparently he went to one of Vince's guys (Brisco?) and tried to get the match changed in some way. Then Warrior finds out and tells Hunter if he had a problem or wanted to talk about how the match will go, to go to him, rather than scurrying away to the office.
Lmfao yes, in fact Warrior was showering and Hunter came in to talk. Warrior was basically like, fuck you.
Even after they fired Warrior in 1996, Vince was already begging him to come back a year later after they lost Bret Hart.

In the lawsuit Warrior filed over the DVD, a document came up in discovery. It was an official offer from Vince for Warrior to come back. It's dated December 17, 1997. Vince offered Warrior a guaranteed 5-year deal where he'd be paid a downside of $750,000 a year and be given a 35% cut of all merchandise sales (everyone else, including Stone Cold Steve Austin, was only getting 25%). He also would have only been required to work 14 dates a month: all Monday Night RAWs, each PPV, and whatever the balance of live events was.

Warrior declined and ended up getting a shit ton of money from WCW in 1998 for about 3 months.
I saw that. You know reading more in depth to that moment made me really hate Hogan even. more. Basically, this cunt would try to get people who one up'd him in the past just so he could get a pin fall over them. I'm glad Warrior got paid but Christ; his fucking ego is just sickening.

CWl5kN2WsAA3jSe.jpg

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Marcus Bagwell and 2 Cold Scorpio tag-team with Teddy Long as their manager!

And some random mascot in the background!

rk0k1w.gif

I don't see a Buff Bagwell there. Nor a Marcus Bagwell. I see that young and up and comer, the perennial rookie, Marcus Alexander Bagwell.

Zach

I miss WCW Saturday Night.

Yeah, dude!

I know what I'm watching at 6:05!

Speaking about WCW I'm super close to finishing 1997 Nitros.

Crowd is so hot for almost everything, though certain fan bases will sit on their hands for cruiserweight matches no matter how exciting they get.

It's still crazy that the overarching feud for 14 months is Piper and Hogan. With Piper always getting the upper hand. Over Hogan. On a program where he had more or less full creative control. Against a guy who had two bad hips and couldn't even outwrestle Hogan.

Yeah, weird, right? And while some of the crowds are quiet for great matches, others are suuuper into them and dead-ish by the end of the night.

I miss jobbers

tumblr_nz7v1izB3m1sj4xr4o1_400.gif

tumblr_nz7085TL4Q1sj4xr4o1_400.gif

tumblr_nzckozTf4b1sj4xr4o1_400.gif

Yes, sir!

Zach

Just watched Austin vs. Bret at WM 13. Goddamn, I miss Bret and pre-injury Austin.

Pre-injury Austin (including Stunning Steve) is one of my favorite wrasslers ever.

And that match is a delight. I re-watched it with Austin doing commentary (from one of his podcasts) and that was super fun, too.

Top Bottom