• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

Bronx-Man

Banned
Rock's got 3 movies lined up to film, his agents ain't letting him lace up the boots. He'll just cut a 20 minute promo, probably give a Rock Bottom to New Day.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
IDK if they're REALLY trying to get a legit 100K he's wrestling

So it seems the general feeling is that 2015 has been the worst year for a long time, however there must be SOME highlights.

What have you enjoyed about this year?

In WWE? Well that one time Taker returned to kick Lesnar in the dick was genuinely surprising to me.

Real answers for the dismal WWE of 2015
- John Cena's US open challenges
- The very brief window in which I thought Barrett's King of the Ring win was going to take him places, I wanted to believe
- Split personality Kane, Kane events and the one bit of the rumble where he and Show dropped hopefuls out like sacks of shit.
....sweet jesus this was a sucktacular year!

On the whole I think Bayley's road to the NXT Women's championship was my favourite thing this year, never would've expected that but here we are.

DMczaf

I love Rock but at this point the only match I'd want to see from him is Rock vs Owens.

The-Rock-Kevin-Owens.jpg

GManDH

isnt there suppose to be an opening video in Starrcade 1983 and 1984. i either fast forwarded it or cant seem to remember it ever existing. Am I crazy or was there no opening video till 1985??

Zach

isnt there suppose to be an opening video in Starrcade 1983 and 1984. i either fast forwarded it or cant seem to remember it ever existing. Am I crazy or was there no opening video till 1985??

Heck if I know, but you know what I wish the Network had? The little pre-shows before PPVs. I know it's just a bunch of repetitive recap-y crap, but I remember watching those like crazy. Probably because I could actually watch a lot of them before the PPV itself came on and went all blurry. #GrowingUpPoor

Speaking of which: new GWF tonight?

Have I wrassled since opening night?

I am with West, Inalso think it's pretty funny.

What will the stats of Punk even be based on in this game?

I'm dying to see his stats.

Heck if I know, but you know what I wish the Network had? The little pre-shows before PPVs. I know it's just a bunch of repetitive recap-y crap, but I remember watching those like crazy. Probably because I could actually watch a lot of them before the PPV itself came on and went all blurry. #GrowingUpPoor

Have I wrassled since opening night?

I'm dying to see his stats.
Yes! The pre shows mean a lot to me.

thefro

The best was the old days pre-digital cable/on-demand PPV where you could get 2 old school VCRs that you could tune. Back then you'd have to pick up a descrambler from the cable company if you wanted to buy a PPV.

One goes out to the TV and you tune that to be a watchable B&W (sometimes color) picture with snow. Mute the TV.

Other goes out to a boom box with audio input... you tune that VCR to the audio of the broadcast (which usually came in pretty well). Together it worked great.

Zach

The best was the old days pre-digital cable/on-demand PPV where you could get 2 old school VCRs that you could tune. Back then you'd have to pick up a descrambler from the cable company if you wanted to buy a PPV.

One goes out to the TV and you tune that to be a watchable B&W (sometimes color) picture with snow. Mute the TV.

Other goes out to a boom box with audio input... you tune that VCR to the audio of the broadcast (which usually came in pretty well). Together it worked great.

You are blowing my mind, thefro. I have to get this information to my 13-year-old self.

I discovered this with our first VCR that had a manual tuner and descrambled PPV's and the Playboy channel. I was 12 and felt like I had discovered fire.

So it seems the general feeling is that 2015 has been the worst year for a long time, however there must be SOME highlights.

What have you enjoyed about this year?

Heyman promos.
Vince hamming it up on screen again.
Bork.
Kidd and Cesaro's matches with New Day.
Cesaro's work in general, especially that triple threat match with Rusev and Owens.
Ascension being Stardust's goober henchman who are hilariously non-threatening in every way.

Bluekaveli Hat Trick

WrassleGAF is back, baybuh!
Someone has to kwep this thread alive.

Yes indeed, the cable box with the rubber turners and big red numbers lol
The only thing Rock is working at WM is you marks into thinking he's working WM.
Him just there is awesome
Dwayne spittin fire
Jotvddf.png
Fuck that bitch, I don't know who she is and she can fuck herself. Tell that bitch to join Gaf so I xan get in that roody poo candy ass.

klonere

Banned
Rock ain't wrestling Brock, friends. But they do need to pay off the promo from last year.

Rock would probably die wrestling Brock. I also do not care about Rock at WM.

Hello WrassleGAF, I hope you had a collectively great Christmas. I spent 6 hours today driving through some of the most hellish weather I have ever seen. 2nd worst drive I've ever been a part of since my entire family nearly died careering off the edge of a cliff somewhere in BC.

Top Bottom