• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

Not sure if this has ever been posted in this thread
cWcDogB.gif

Nearly a one way ticket to a broken neck.

LMAO where in the blue hell is this from? a documentary of some sort?

JavyOO7

And oh yeah, highlights from the little I've watched of NJPW so far (I'm only up to March)... I like almost every wrestler on that roster. Even Bad Luck Fale with his bad strikes but his look is so cool...

Honma, Kota Ibushi and Shibata are my highlights so far. I really should catch up.

MG310

And oh yeah, highlights from the little I've watched of NJPW so far (I'm only up to March)... I like almost every wrestler on that roster. Even Bad Luck Fale with his bad strikes but his look is so cool...

Honma, Kota Ibushi and Shibata are my highlights so far. I really should catch up.

Plus when Fale wins you get to hear that theme a second time.

WrestleTalk TV got cancelled and a lot of people are lamenting the fact...good, I say. Oh, but "any British wrestling on TV is a good thing" I hear them cry - well, not when Alex Shane is involved, that's for sure. If you only watched WTTV you'd be forgiven for thinking NGW was just about the only promotion in Britain, given how little they talked about anything else, but of course Alex would big up his own promotion and those of his chums. WTTV was intended to be like Soccer AM but for wrestling and without any humour, charm or charisma evident, but it ended up being another way to stroke Shane's ego.

The sooner British wrestling is free of clowns like him, the better.

Colocho

Banned
So you guys think Cena watched the WWE at all during his break or is he like Lesnar who knows like 5 guys on the roster and probably doesn't know who his opponent is until the day of the match?

somedevil

Reading Chris Charlton translation of the Naito interview I see why Kushida compared him to Punk:

Naito: 'in a 9 match card with 8 title matches, I'm in te only non title match. And I'm on fourth. Yeah, I'm SUPER motivated'

Naito: 'and what's Goto's motivation? He's pissed at us because Shibata was. That's all. He can't assert himself, has no character his own'

Naito 'but the match is about the status quo. Ppl say it's like a #1 contender match, but I'm like "is it worth going just to beat Goto?"'

Naito 'it's not "if you beat Goto you get a title shot". If it were that easy, everyone would do it. Top priority is to show off Los Ingobs'

Naito 'the system's messed up. "You have to want the belt, or there's no point being here". That belt though... It's like I said..'

Naito '...what Tanahashi says goes here. He wins at the Dome, and says "Naito's next", then I'm next, you know? It's not up to me'

He is on fire right now. Hope he gets the title shot against Nakamura next.

It's pretty f*cking irresponsible for John Cena to attach his name/likeness to that recipe when you know it would never EVER fit in with his diet macros. I know it's pretty popular these days to celebrate Cena for his charity and longevity in the ring but this is the kind of crass careless behaviour that reminds me just what a scumbag he is and I will not back down from this.
John Cena can go to hell and take "his" casserole with him.

Aiii

So not worth it
Give Naito the damn belt, Gedo.

And nobody wants to see Beef verse DM for the millionth time, you guys have tanked our ratings harder than Rollins has tanked WWE's. It is time for something fresh.

Zach

It's deeead at work and so I narrowed down my GOTY contenders:
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
Tales from the Borderlands
Ori and the Blind Forest
Batman: Arkham Knight
Rocket League
Mad Max
Rare Replay
Skiing Yeti Mountain
Guitar Hero Live

Need to finish/play:

Yakuza 5
Life is Strange
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Until Dawn
Undertale
Super Mario Maker
Fallout 4
Rock Band 4

But it doesn't end there. I went ahead and spent the last hour-plus determining what my GOTYs would be since 1991. I mean, why not, right?

91 - Super Mario World
92 - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time
93 - Disney's Aladdin
94 - Mortal Kombat II
95 - Chrono Trigger
96 - Resident Evil
97 - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
98 - WCW/nWo Revenge
99 - Age of Empires II
00 - WWF No Mercy
01 - Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
02 - Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
03 - Beyond Good & Evil
04 - Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
05 - Shadow of the Colossus
06 - Bully
07 - BioShock
08 - Rock Band 2
09 - Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
10 - Red Dead Redemption
11 - Yakuza 4
12 - XCOM: Enemy Unknown
13 - The Last of Us
14 - Alien: Isolation

Surprisingly, there were only two or three years that were difficult. Passing up sweet, sweet Deadly Premonition is tough, brother.

iMax

Oh shit. Rock's at Mania.

T'S OFFICIAL: People's Champ is coming home to do 3 things with THE PEOPLE: Set an ALL-TIME attendance record, ELECTRIFY Dallas like never before & make all time #WRESTLEMANIA history. And we have FUN. Ok that's four things but you know what the hell The Rock's sayin'.. ��. THANK YOU #WWEUniverse! It's always an honor coming home and I wouldn't miss it for the world. #PeoplesChamp4L #MakingElectrifyingHistory #SmackethLaidDownOnThyCandyAsses ������

https://www.instagram.com/p/_2bOsFIh3N/

20151228_WM32_RockApperance_Thumbnail.jpg

The Grandest Stage of Them All will now feature The Most Electrifying Man in Entertainment.

The Rock announced today on Instagram that he will be in Dallas for WrestleMania when The Showcase of the Immortals takes over the AT&T Center on Sunday, April 3, 2016.

The Great One memorably dropped by last year’s WrestleMania, held at Levi’s® Stadium in Santa Clara, Calif., where he and UFC sensation Ronda Rousey cleared the ring of Triple H & Stephanie McMahon. What will The Rock have in store for the WWE Universe this April?

See photos of The Rock and Ronda Rousey | WWE Network: Watch past WrestleManias

Taking place in the home of the Dallas Cowboys, WrestleMania 32 is expected to host the largest crowd in sports-entertainment history. WrestleMania will air live on the award-winning WWE Network, and tickets for the huge event are available now at ticketmaster.com.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/32/rock-wrestlemania-announcement-28452505?sf17764925=1

Doesn't mention whether it's a match or an appearance. Kinda weird.

notworksafe

Kinda ruins the surprise though. Why would they do this? Aren't tickets sold out?

Not quite sold out according to Ticketmaster. Maybe they're trying to get a final push of sales?

Just did a search out of curiosity and it offered me a pair of floor tickets. Damn.

DMczaf

I think he is working WM. They would have said "hosting" or something. Rock's previous appearances never had a press release.

notworksafe

Last time Rock hosted Wrestlemania he interfered in a Cena/Miz match leading to a Once in a Lifetime event, which then lead into Part 2 of that event.

Can we possibly be seeing a lead up to Thrice in a Lifetime?!

Yikes. At face value? That can't be good, can it?

$2300 each. I tried the search with three seats and got zip. So it looks like they just have small pockets of tickets.

somedevil

The only way he is wrestling is the movie company for the movie he is shooting changed their mind and decided to insure him.

Cause that needs to happen for a match to actually happen.

iMax

$2300 each. I tried the search with three seats and got zip. So it looks like they just have small pockets of tickets.

Ah, OK. Single seats probably.

Last time Rock hosted Wrestlemania he interfered in a Cena/Miz match leading to a Once in a Lifetime event, which then lead into Part 2 of that event.

Can we possibly be seeing a lead up to Thrice in a Lifetime?!

If Rock interferes in Roman's match forcing him to lose, that'll be glorious.

Top Bottom