• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

DMczaf

Meltzer says the last he heard, WWE is trying to work out a deal with the movie studio's insurance to get him to work a match.

He thinks he's doing something huge though either way

User1608

Banned
I've honestly not care any less about wrestling since the days of Daniel Bryan and CM Punk. Looking back, they were the reason I watched wrestling. I didn't realize it until recently that I don't give a fuck about anyone else on the roster. It's sad.
Kind of in the same boat here. I was a huge fan of Punk and Bryan especially. Then I stopped watching after he got hurt again earlier this year... Oh well.
Don't do this to yourself
I've suffered through worse, RAW will merely be a morbid curiosity if it continues being terrible.:p
I'm gonna warn you right now, this sport is terrible and always will be terrible. Save yourself before it's too late.
Too late.

UberTag

He has a neck injury. So he can't be touched or take a bump. Thats why he wasn't out for the final segment.

Plus announcing a match a head of time. A novel idea.

Plus does this mean Reigns vs Hunter at Rumble?
Definitely gives them the opportunity to pull the trigger on Reigns vs. Hunter at the Rumble by getting their absurd need to have rematch clauses for all title losses out of the way early.

Sheamus gets his rematch clause next week. Fails to win the belt. Hunter returns to challenge Reigns at the Rumble. We get a boring as shit Rumble with the League of Nations dominating until Cena wins. Lesnar gets taken out by his Mania opponent (likely Owens; possibly Bray). Cena vs. Reigns at Mania for the "passing the torch" match with an obvious outcome. Because who doesn't love obvious outcomes for matches at Mania?

So how often they gonna use the go to jail scheme? Every 6 months?
They like to rotate between the "go to pretend jail" stip that means nothing... the "you'll never get another title match again" stip that means nothing... the "you'll be fired from the WWE" stip that means nothing... and the "you'll get Triple H and Stephanie out of power" stip that means nothing. Rotate through them enough and you can pretend you're telling stories. Anything to get out of building up talent, actually constructing feuds or making the titles mean anything.

Just saw the opening segment and I didn't think it was that bad. I don't understand the point of it, but I didn't think it was bad. It didn't need Steph at all though. Vince was great and Roman was just in the background when Steph came out with the cops. The segment after the commercial break was absolutely terrible. Just straight up yelling. I don't like this Steph...Stephuary may be cancelled.

ITS ME ITS ME, TANA HASH I

CXOC8QrUsAAnm3c.jpg

Tana is a big fan of Roc A Fella. Holla.

Anth0ny

Just saw the opening segment and I didn't think it was that bad. I don't understand the point of it, but I didn't think it was bad. It didn't need Steph at all though. Vince was great and Roman was just in the background when Steph came out with the cops. The segment after the commercial break was absolutely terrible. Just straight up yelling. I don't like this Steph...Stephuary may be cancelled.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD

Rutti

Fuck it. I'll resub to PROGRESS. Just NXT until LU S2 isn't doing it for me and I really don't want to watch Raw. I barely bother to watch the youtube clips anymore.

Yeezus Saves could you please recap the rest of Monday's Night Raw for me? I don't intend to watch and I refuse to give my web traffic to the clickbaiting websites with their biased reviews

Aiii

So not worth it
Yeezus Saves could you please recap the rest of Monday's Night Raw for me? I don't intend to watch and I refuse to give my web traffic to the clickbaiting websites with their biased reviews

Everything sucked.

The end.

Obviously, I haven't watched Raw or read anything about it.
Oddly enough, I'm still 100% correct.

djgtu52.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
Biggest disappointment was Becky and Sasha, which have had amazing matches in NXT, but now gave a slow math full of botched moves.

People need to understand how NXT works, before you see a Takeover match, these girls and Sara Del Rey will have practiced it spot for spot for weeks. They know it to perfection. You will never get women's matches like that on the main roster and certainly not on Raw with maybe a few hours notice for the women involved.

I was just watching some old raws, and I forgot how strong Scott Steiner was booked. HHH created evolution because Steiner was stealing his lunch every week lol

Pikma

Banned
I was just watching some old raws, and I forgot how strong Scott Steiner was booked. HHH created evolution because Steiner was stealing his lunch every week lol
It's still surprising to me even after all these years, I remember him beating the shit out of Triple H for an entire month before their match at Royal Rumble '03, in which he beat the shit out of him again. He couldn't even touch Steiner with his sledgehammer after he got himself disqualified.

It's still surprising to me even after all these years, I remember him beating the shit out of Triple H for an entire month before their match at Royal Rumble '03, in which he beat the shit out of him again. He couldn't even touch Steiner with his sledgehammer after he got himself disqualified.

Oh man, that rumble match was the real suplex city.

KingBroly

Banned
Steph needs to stay off TV for like 4-5 months IMO. She's a bad character in need of time off and a refresh. She's too much of an obelisk out there and hurts everyone she's around.

I don't understand why the title match is on Raw next week instead of Smackdown, nor do I understand Vince being the Ref, but it's obviously going to lead to Hunter coming back, DQing Sheamus, and facing Reigns at the Rumble.

Also Vince saying "Happy New Year" over and over was awkward, so I have to think he thought he was off TV longer than he was.

Brock - Rock 2 is obviously happening at this point. And THANK GOODNESS it's happening. Wrestlemania ending with Cena - Reigns for the Title is gonna suck. I'm guessing Rock costs Brock the Rumble, and that's how Cena wins.

People need to understand how NXT works, before you see a Takeover match, these girls and Sara Del Rey will have practiced it spot for spot for weeks. They know it to perfection. You will never get women's matches like that on the main roster and certainly not on Raw with maybe a few hours notice for the women involved.

They always talk about how similar wrestling in NXT is to the main roster, how it's all the same except a bigger stage and what not. Why don't they mention how in NXT they have way way more time to prepare? Seems like a pretty damn big change.

Gonzalez

Banned
They also use one hour a week to get a 2, or 3 month storyline over using promos, and squash matches. Instead of the on the fly booking that the main roster has become.

here's a 16 bit Hansen lariat:
hansen15srwt.gif
That game was a wonderful cross between Wrestlefest, and Fire Pro.

Speaking of broken characters. The Vader from KOC II is an unstoppable beast. His CPU logic simulates his AJPW booking style, where 5 minutes into a match he'll start dropping bombs on you left, and right while looking to pin you in under ten minutes.

He won the Triple Crown from me, and it took 16 tries until I was able to dethrone him using Jun Akiyama.

bjork

Read the recap of raw. That Vince/Roman exchange sounds like they skimmed the Austin/McMahon episodes in late 97 for some pointers.

miserable

Brock - Rock 2 is obviously happening at this point. And THANK GOODNESS it's happening. Wrestlemania ending with Cena - Reigns for the Title is gonna suck. I'm guessing Rock costs Brock the Rumble, and that's how Cena wins.

Honestly, i'd rather have Brock vs Reigns for the title, Cena vs Taker and Rock vs HHH i guess.
I don't want to see Rock gassed 5 mins into his match with Brock.

Striker

Watching the beginning with Vince, Roman and Steph, goodness. You'd figure with Stephanie and Vince's longevity for doing these things the acting wouldn't be so horrible.

bjork

How can Rock wrestle Brock when they're gonna do

Vince/HHH/Steph

versus

Rock/Roman/Ronda

kiguel182

Man, the main-event angles this week. This whole Roman storyline just doesn't grab me at all. I just want every segment to be over. So bad.

Owens vs Neville could be great but then they push Ambrose vs Owens. Bad booking. The midcard is all over the place. They have great talent that, again, don't know what to do with.

Long matches with no planning is (and always was) a bad idea. Sasha vs Becky shows this again. If you don't have anything planned just don't do a long match.

Cena vs Del Rio was the typical Cena match. Nothing new here.

EDIT: And I have no interest in seeing Rock wrestle. None at all.

Aiii

So not worth it
Rock damn near broke his entire body wrestling safe-as-fuck-Cena.

No way he would survive a stiff match against Brock. I can see him requesting to work with Owens, but even Owens pop-up powerbomb might just kill him.

klonere

Banned
This wait for the NOAH show is killing me and niconico keeps rejecting my card when I try and buy the Dragon Gate PPV.

RealHero where you at bruh :(

klonere

Banned
Watching these NWA shows alongside the B & V show it hilarious to think of Dusty as HHH before HHH.

This weeks show from 1985 has all the babyfaces talk about Dusty more than themselves, about how great he is and what a dastardly villain that Ric Flair is. Dusty himself opens with a misguided promo about how his hair is bad but if he gets it cut right he is way better looking than Flair (???). The two big matches on the show all have Dusty references and the main event is about Dusty (fair enough as that was the angle they were building).

Flair gets the biggest babyface reactions on the whole show interesting for the biggest heel in the NWA....

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Watching Raw now. This is a pretty stupid-ass crowd. Where were they? Town of dipshits.

Top Bottom