• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
How so?

Loved when they started chanting Daniel Bryan and Vince told them to shut up. Then they started CM Punk chants, haha. I loved it.

That's precisely it.

I just finished Banks/Lynch and it was a really good, well paced match. I know the crowd has no investment in that story, because there's not much of one there, but damn. Bad crowd on a solid match. I really liked it.

Fox318

That's precisely it.

I just finished Banks/Lynch and it was a really good, well paced match. I know the crowd has no investment in that story, because there's not much of one there, but damn. Bad crowd on a solid match. I really liked it.

You can't blame the crowd on the Women's match.

"Diva" matches and storylines are not going to draw a modern crowd in.

Caderfix

time for Vince and co to head to Corpis Christie again

I mean look how hot the crowd is

3HGGX2L.jpg

Well, there would be AT LEAST 2 times more kids than the picture above shows.

Hex

Banned
Watching the beginning with Vince, Roman and Steph, goodness. You'd figure with Stephanie and Vince's longevity for doing these things the acting wouldn't be so horrible.

Trips had the right idea, he wanted no part of it and stayed far away.

Penguin

Was the crowd 100% behind Cena?

It sure looks like this will be the WM main event.

Cena Vs. Roman, and Brock Vs. Rock II is the only way I can see them getting a near sellout in Dallas.

The crowd was kind of all over the place

Don't think some of them realized the cameras stopped rolling

Had folks hyped this is where Cena would turn heel!

Mahonay

Banned
No one's interested in women's wrestling. The crowd is clearly chanting CM Punk, you just can't hear them.

It's actually pretty impressive to me how much WWE tore down anything good or interesting that the NXT women's wrestlers had going for them. Like they have a very carefully laid out step-by-step guide to slot anyone into their absolutely asinine Divas booking on the main roster, ensuring that the potential for women to get over is slim to none.

Edit: Unless you're name is Lana and you're over because you're hot.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If you sit through four hours of boring crap with thousands of others, people tend to start entertaining themselves.

How is that an answer to the question I asked?

""Diva" matches and storylines are not going to draw a modern crowd in."

On top of that, this was at the top of the show, not four hours later.

Gonzalez

Banned
The crowd was kind of all over the place

Don't think some of them realized the cameras stopped rolling

Had folks hyped this is where Cena would turn heel!
I don't think Cena will go heel. If they face off at Mania this year, it will be a Hogan Vs. Warrior style clash, with no heel turn. If Roman doesn't get over after that, and attendence dips further, then we might get a repeat of what happened post-Mania VI.

Aiii

So not worth it
How is that an answer to the question I asked?

""Diva" matches and storylines are not going to draw a modern crowd in."

On top of that, this was at the top of the show, not four hours later.

Oh, my bad, I though the "why not" was about the "you can't blame the crowd" part.

shanafan

If you sit through four hours of boring crap with thousands of others, people tend to start entertaining themselves.

Being at a live event versus watching it on TV are completely different experiences though. I was at a house show this past weekend, and it was very entertaining from start to finish. One of the best parts was Bo Dallas, and everyone was booing him. He lost to Goldust in like one minute, and demanded a rematch. Jack Swagger came out, and squashed him. I wouldn't normally pop for Jack Swagger, but at a live event, it's a different atmosphere.

Last night, there were a ton of jobbers during the Miz TV segement. But, at the house show, there was a fun 10 man tag team match with the likes of Ryder, Fandango, Sandow, Axel, the Ascension, etc. It was a lot of fun to start rooting for each guy.

I live in Detroit, so maybe our crowd is different. Who knows.

Being at a live event versus watching it on TV are completely different experiences though. I was at a house show this past weekend, and it was very entertaining from start to finish. One of the best parts was Bo Dallas, and everyone was booing him. He lost to Goldust in like one minute, and demanded a rematch. Jack Swagger came out, and squashed him. I wouldn't normally pop for Jack Swagger, but at a live event, it's a different atmosphere.

Last night, there were a ton of jobbers during the Miz TV segement. But, at the house show, there was a fun 10 man tag team match with the likes of Ryder, Fandango, Sandow, Axel, the Ascension, etc. It was a lot of fun to start rooting for each guy.

I live in Detroit, so maybe our crowd is different. Who knows.

House shows and TV tapings are very different experiences. Just the downtime for commercial breaks and the predictably endless promos on a TV taping alone make the TV taping a different beast. And there are smaller factors, like the need to play for the hard cameras rather than the entire arena and the reduced interaction with the crowd.

Barrage

The crowd was trash for that divas match. Ill condemn them the same way I cobdemned the ECW mutants when they didnt give a fuck about Malenko and Rey back in the day.

shanafan

House shows and TV tapings are very different experiences. Just the downtime for commercial breaks and the predictably endless promos on a TV taping alone make the TV taping a different beast. And there are smaller factors, like the need to play for the hard cameras rather than the entire arena and the reduced interaction with the crowd.

I could see that. I believe there were two commercial breaks during the tag team match involving Dean Ambrose, and I think they worked him during both breaks, maybe. Could drag on for the crowd. Maybe stop doing commercial breaks during matches? lol

Aiii

So not worth it
The crowd was trash for that divas match. Ill condemn them the same way I cobdemned the ECW mutants when they didnt give a fuck about Malenko and Rey back in the day.

I refuse to watch Raw, so mind telling the uninformed what horrible thing they chanted?

Sunny, are you incredibly swamped? I'm offering to put up the Carnys Google form, but I don't want to step on your toes if you have something in mind already.

Gonzalez

Banned
I refuse to watch Raw, so mind telling the uninformed what horrible thing they chanted?
"Boring"

...And quite frankly, it was. As well as really sloppy. Sad to say, but they deserved that reaction.

Also didn't help that they had Sasha go for cheap heel heat, when Becky isn't over enough to do that. Insuring nobody was getting cheers before the bell rang.

notworksafe

Not a great Raw intro or closer but I did enjoy the matches. The main event was great. I said it yesterday but goddamn Cena is the MAN when it comes to promo work in this company. Most of the roster could learn a lesson from him if they were smart.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sunny, are you incredibly swamped? I'm offering to put up the Carnys Google form, but I don't want to step on your toes if you have something in mind already.

honestly, yes

I haven't been posting in here much like I used to. Busy busy busy with work

HOWEVER

I am working on it AS WE SPEAK. Making time.

kiguel182

"If the crowd doesn't react like I want they are a bad crowd" - what a dumb argument.

Unless the crowd are being sexist or chanting something awful this argument just doesn't hold any weight. It's the job of the show to make the crowd react.

Gonzalez

Banned
It's the same crowd that was going crazy for sasha and bayley

Divas are still seem as a bathroom break.
It's just really poor booking. We need more squashes for men, and women, so fans can get used to their move sets, and character without having the big personalities clashing in the ring often. It's why NXT works so well. They use the old studio format that companies like Jim Crockett Promotions used to use. Too bad they can't put the genie back in the bottle at this point for their main show.

bjork

It's just really poor booking. We need more squashes for men, and women, so fans can get used to their move sets, and character without having the big personalities clashing in the ring often. It's why NXT works so well. They use the old studio format that companies like Jim Crockett Promotions used to use. Too bad they can't put the genie back in the bottle at this point for their main show.

They could, though. It would mean a reboot, but at this point, what would be lost in doing that?

honestly, yes

I haven't been posting in here much like I used to. Busy busy busy with work

HOWEVER

I am working on it AS WE SPEAK. Making time.

Cool. The offer to help stands. Just let me know.

Raw is in San Antonio next week, and it'll be headlined by Roman Reigns vs. Sheamus in a championship match refereed by Vince. But those butts in seats.

Oh, good, Big Show will be in the Royal Rumble. Yay.

Gonzalez

Banned
They could, though. It would mean a reboot, but at this point, what would be lost in doing that?
The only thing I could see happening, is if the TV deals become less, and less lucrative, and the Network gets Disney, Coke, and other major companies(Or at least more Network ads) to advertise on the network. Then I could see them going back to the old Studio format that NXT is using, and no more fly by the seat of your pants live shows.

Honestly with broadcast TV slowly dying. This might be the eventual outcome.

Top Bottom