• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

bjork

Who wants to watch three hours of squash matches and promos about tater tots?

I'm not saying it needs to stay three hours. Surely USA and WWE have numbers guys who could make a case for a shorter show being more conducive to selling the product.

Millions of dollars from a company making more money than it has in years?

Yet the ratings are lower than they have been ever at times, recently.

The only thing I could see happening, is if the TV deals become less, and less lucrative, and the Network gets Disney, Coke, and other major companies(Or at least more Network ads) to advertise on the network. Then I could see them going back to the old Studio format that NXT is using, and no more fly by the seat of your pants live shows.

Honestly with broadcast TV slowly dying. This might be the eventual outcome.

Yep. We can only hope.

new paige
tumblr_static_tumblr_static__640.jpg

Shadow780

Got 2nd row Seat 1 from the hard camera side last night at RAW. Gotta say watching the 70-year old Vince being carried away by Police right beside me was very entertaining. The man managed to put over Roman and The Police in NYC in one night. THAT is a mark of a true great heel.

Roman still has ways to go to reach the way Cena can work a crowd. Not sure if the camera captured it on TV, after Cena threw his shirt initially the fan threw the shirt back, causing a big pop. But even better recovery by Cena afterwards asking for the mic and cut a impromptu promo on BK crowd is tougher than Del Rio.

But yeah this RAW is just:

Pretty good stare-down between the past 10 years and next 10 years:

At least I got to see #Sashawaifu close in person, she is even more gorgeous IRL

So they finally gave the women (because of the split roster) decent amount of time and that match just bombed. Part of it was the sloppiness which is very surprising coming from these ladies. The flow of the match was just off, and there's no character investment or storyline that made ppl care. Crowd tried to get behind with a few chants but at the end BORING started happening.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Womens match on WWE proved to me that the NXT kids as well can't call spots to save their lives either.

It was IC elimination chambers level of exposing about the WWE and their roster. It's what happens when you train everyone the same way.

It just sucks seeing them suck all of the life out of the NXT women.

Bayley, never get called up.

At this point everybody knows Bayley's doomed. What goes under the radar is how fucked Asuka is if she's ever brought up.

Hoo boy. First promo she's asked to cut, immediately after it's over Becky will either be backstage or on commentary saying something like "...and peephole seyy oi tallk funneh", Vince will tell Cole and JBL to laugh, and that's it

lol

"was"

Then. Now. Forever.
This year was so bad it's ridiculous. They would've been better off just showing 95'.

Bayley and Finn are going to be in NXT for a while. Hunter has made it known that they will carry that brand. Banks better hope for Paige and, Charlotte to suffer a major injury.

If NXT becomes profitable she might. NXT pay is nothing compared to the main roster.

Wonder what will happen with talent if NXT is its own thing. Will people try to "jump ship"

klonere

Banned
If NXT becomes profitable she might. NXT pay is nothing compared to the main roster.

Wonder what will happen with talent if NXT is its own thing. Will people try to "jump ship"

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Bayley the top women's star in NXT and arguably all of NXT is payed more than a trainee down there. I also think she has more to gain by protecting her personal brand that she has going on down in NXT right now. She could be making outrageous money by the end of next year.

Mahonay

Banned
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Bayley the top women's star in NXT and arguably all of NXT is payed more than a trainee down there. I also think she has more to gain by protecting her personal brand that she has going on down in NXT right now. She could be making outrageous money by the end of next year.
Sara Del Rey, as shown on Breaking Ground, has already asked Bayley to help coach the other women in training. Hopefully she'll get some kind of bump in pay.

I'd say the bigger names in NXT that are actually moving t shirts probably get paid decent lower-mid card main roster wages.

But there is only maybe 4 people in NXT of that level anyway.

Finn is the only person making real money. Even the callups are still on develometal deals,. they get extra house show pay.

Shadow780

But does she has cuts to merch sale? I know talents in WWE can negotiate for % in merch sales. I mean the girl's already a walking ATM, tapping into a demo WWE never really can grasp.

Cagey

Banned
Somehow CM Punk and Daniel Bryan chants in the last days of 2015 weren't even Top 10 on what was awful about Raw last night. And to think I had a chance to attend live, yikes.

Mahonay

Banned
Finn is the only person making real money. Even the callups are still on develometal deals,. they get extra house show pay.
Lol WWE is such a fucked up company.

"So, we're bringing you up to the main roster, you'll be working far more often, and you'll be featured weekly on TV. You're still developmental though. Prove that you can fucking DRAW before you expect us to pay you any kind of real money, ingrates. Oh, and when you do get a full contract don't expect health insurance. It's not our fault when you get injured. Welcome and Be A Star!"

"So, we're bringing you up to the main roster, you'll be working far more often, and you'll be featured weekly on TV. You're still developmental though. Prove that you can fucking DRAW before you expect us to pay you any kind of real money, ingrates. Oh, and when you do get a full contract don't expect health insurance. It's not our fault when you get injured. Welcome and Be A Star!"
I read that in Stephanie's fake boss voice

Fox318

tumblr_n3l9uundgc1rnjfjfo1_r1_400.gif

klonere

Banned

I'm pretty sure Joe is making that money as well or at least something close to it.

But yeah the pay for pretty much everyone else sounds quite bad. Moreso the lack of cut from gates/merch etc.

Barrage

I'm pretty sure Joe is making that money as well or at least something close to it.

But yeah the pay for pretty much everyone else sounds quite bad. Moreso the lack of cut from gates/merch etc.

NXT Roster gets a cut from merch. That was why Blue Pants had heat, because she was keeping all of her merch money instead of WWE taking a cut.

Watching RAW now and have some observations:
- Reigns smirking at things being said should really be pushed harder. It's kind of like the spoiled child who doesn't want to listen to the teacher. And stop making him say stuff like "stupid" and "jerk" or whatever.

-The WWE really doesn't give a shit about story continuity.

-I'm really confused about what they're planning to do with Kevin Owens at this point

-Ambrose is becoming incredibly boring and robotic to watch

-Why does every damn wrestler have to stand in the corner to pump for their move?

-I can't tell if womens wrestling has been over hyped or if that match was just an off night of bad wrestling. Lynch looked just awful and missed a lot of spots.

Watching RAW now and have some observations:
- Reigns smirking at things being said should really be pushed harder. It's kind of like the spoiled child who doesn't want to listen to the teacher. And stop making him say stuff like "stupid" and "jerk" or whatever.

-The WWE really doesn't give a shit about story continuity.

-I'm really confused about what they're planning to do with Kevin Owens at this point

-Ambrose is becoming incredibly boring and robotic to watch

-Why does every damn wrestler have to stand in the corner to pump for their move?
Owens will go postal to get his title back.

I said in my head that KO is about to go to heel jobber after losing like that

Top Bottom