• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Maybe the January OT can be a large handbook on everything we're allowed to post and how we're allowed tor post it because this seems to be a constant sticking point for some people round here.

Menome

Can't help but think that debuting the 'American drifter' character of Elias Samson at a British event might not have been the smartest of plays.

It's not like the crowd hated him, but they were definitely cold to it.

Gonzalez

Banned
I'm about to watch the roadshow version of Hateful Eight, and I'm waiting outside the screen with a program next to me. I feel like such a fucking nerd right now.

I'm about to watch the roadshow version of Hateful Eight, and I'm waiting outside the screen with a program next to me. I feel like such a fucking nerd right now.

Seeing it tomorrow with my dad (he loves Tarantino films and Morricone scores)

So excited, but I feel like I'm going to end up agreeing with the reviewers because 1) this doesn't look like his best film and 2) 176 fucking minutes, no way this couldn't have been edited down at least half an hour and benefit more from it

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't understand why its so hard to just make Roman do cool stuff instead of making Vince run out there and make a fool of himself.

Gonzalez

Banned
Seeing it tomorrow with my dad (he loves Tarantino films and Morricone scores)

So excited, but I feel like I'm going to end up agreeing with the reviewers because 1) this doesn't look like his best film and 2) 176 fucking minutes, no way this couldn't have been edited down at least half an hour and benefit more from it
Well I'm crossing my fingers.

Although I'm worried after they stuck us in a really shitty auditorium.

WMBT27

I don't understand why its so hard to just make Roman do cool stuff instead of making Vince run out there and make a fool of himself.

Probably a combination of:
1. Lack of trust in allowing Roman (or anyone else) to come up with his own stuff that would feel real, not forced
2. Lack of willingness to allow Roman (or anyone else) the ability to try something new and fail
3. Belief that having Vince himself step in lends credibility and makes Roman feel like a bigger deal.

While three may be partially true, it falls apart because the vocal part of the fanbase recognizes that the antagonism isn't "real". Because people know that the company is invested in Reigns succeeding any antagonism from the Kayfabe "powers that be" falls flat. It doesn't feel organic like with Bryan or original like with Austin. Roman is not a guy who has been "held down" by the office at any point in his career. That's why it isn't landing the way they want it to as it has in the past with Punk/Bryan/Austin/Foley.

That's why the heel turn first would have been perfect. Play into the fact that he is the "chosen one" (apologies to J-E-Double-F).

It's a shame Bryan is dead...Corporate Reigns against Bryan would have been a hot feud.

cos Roman isn't a convincing enough performer in the character department to make it work at the main event level
Pretty much. He's so stiff and unbelievable. While Nash stunk in 95', he himself knew that it wouldn't work. He was too big to be the underdog and he wasn't able to be himself. But it's not like he was going to say "no" to being the man.

Many cats said he wasn't ready and now we look at Roman the same way.

oh and it doesn't help that vince writes his lines either, which are clearly ill suited for him

"The kids will go crazy for suffering succotash, just trust me pal!"

RBH

CXgAYaBW8AQS-wk.jpg:large

tumblr_mtpo0gp5S61siaq1oo1_400.gif

Zandig is coming back, baby!

oh and it doesn't help that vince writes his lines either, which are clearly ill suited for him

"The kids will go crazy for suffering succotash, just trust me pal!"
The micromanaging helps no one at all.
I don't know. Vince is probably cooler than Roman irl
The fact that he comes at his employees to see how far be can get them to go says a lot. Mcmaniquen is a damn troll.
JEEZUS Zandig announced that he's mounting a comeback.
Danzig

klonere

Banned
Pretty much. He's so stiff and unbelievable. While Nash stunk in 95', he himself knew that it wouldn't work. He was too big to be the underdog and he wasn't able to be himself. But it's not like he was going to say "no" to being the man.

Many cats said he wasn't ready and now we look at Roman the same way.

Yeah I feel that Roman, like Seth, is completely hamstrung as a performer by a lot of the fundamental issues that the WWE has. It's a small miracle that the guy isn't irreparably damaged as a performer with some of the shit they have had him do. It really is a testament to the man's in ring physical charisma and determination that has managed to keep him afloat through oceans of crap.

That said, from my personal perspective (and this almost definitely my Seth markdom speaking here) I think that Seth, un-shackled by WWE's bizarre creative restrictions is a more viable main eventer. Nothing Roman has done or said in a character sense has shown me that "oh wait if they weren't constantly fucking this guy he'd be a main event dude". Maybe in a company where he could be surrounded by people who can talk for and against him, leaving him to punch people and be explosive. Like he could constantly have two or three guys revolving around him, as managers, opponents, whatever. But as a Cena-esque face? He's dead to me.

Seth on the other hand, post Survivor Series last year, through the Dean feuds, his limited interactions with Brock and various other small things all gave me the impression that, yup, this guy should be a fucking huge megastar main eventer.

idk maybe I'm being too fanboy here but idgaf

KuLeheP.gif

Yeah I feel that Roman, like Seth, is completely hamstrung as a performer by a lot of the fundamental issues that the WWE has. It's a small miracle that the guy isn't irreparably damaged as a performer with some of the shit they have had him do. It really is a testament to the man's in ring physical charisma and determination that has managed to keep him afloat through oceans of crap.

That said, from my personal perspective (and this almost definitely my Seth markdom speaking here) I think that Seth, un-shackled by WWE's bizarre creative restrictions is a more viable main eventer. Nothing Roman has done or said in a character sense has shown me that "oh wait if they weren't constantly fucking this guy he'd be a main event dude". Maybe in a company where he could be surrounded by people who can talk for and against him, leaving him to punch people and be explosive. Like he could constantly have two or three guys revolving around him, as managers, opponents, whatever. But as a Cena-esque face? He's dead to me.

Seth on the other hand, post Survivor Series last year, through the Dean feuds, his limited interactions with Brock and various other small things all gave me the impression that, yup, this guy should be a fucking huge megastar main eventer.

idk maybe I'm being too fanboy here but idgaf

KuLeheP.gif
Seth is the new Edge.

He can play both roles well off they needed him too(even though I think he'd be a better heel of they let him be him).

Moveset is amazing. It's explosives but at the same time can damage he and his opponent in a bad way.

Has a good look, he's not too big or too small.

Entrance music rules.

While I'm not saying he's the new Cena because we don't need that, he should be the guy they are putting all their resources toward.

At least Hunter and Vince botg admire him.

Miz was the man but only one guy was behind him if I recall.

I think they also really need to take the opportunity to build Owens as a monster heel. Monday was a decent start, but just have him go wild and never retreat. They did this pretty well a few years ago with Henry.

I think they also really need to take the opportunity to build Owens as a monster heel. Monday was a decent start, but just have him go wild and never retreat. They did this pretty well a few years ago with Henry.
Only thing is, Henry is a legit threat with his size. KO, not so much.

Whilst Benoit was what? 5'9 he was a believable maniac because of his build and his deadly moveset.

KO is lucky that his opponents are on the puny side.

Top Bottom