• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

DMczaf

¡HarlequinPanic!;190784529 said:
it's a shitty practice and not nearly as clever as the people doing it think it is. But like, I ain't gonna shit on your parade fellas, carry on~

I think we found our Rock Cousin, friends.

Menome

¡HarlequinPanic!;190784529 said:
it's a shitty practice and not nearly as clever as the people doing it think it is. But like, I ain't gonna shit on your parade fellas, carry on~

Menome, I checked out those Sandow matches that you referred me to a few weeks back btw. I really liked the tables match with Sheamus.

Glad you enjoyed them. I'm not so much of a mark as to say he's had a spotless career and should be the next Cena, there's some bad matches mixed in the great ones. I still think he's good enough though to at least deserve to be a regular mid-carder right now, going for the IC belt and US Open Challenge. Even if he ends up being Cesaro'd and sent to his future endeavours.

And yeah, I don't want to seem too hostile about the whole 'cousins' thing, just have to keep the record straight given the historic reputation of wrestling communities as a whole. It's just stupid, not sexist. :)

shanafan

That wasn't 3 stars. I'd give it 2.

Hell, I'd even go so far and to say the Eva Marie match was more fun, more interesting and overall easier a 3-star effort than the one she had with related-to-Rock.

Bayley vs Nia Jax at Takeover was a bad match. I know its sport entertainment, but the idea of David vs Goliath just didn't work for me. And, for Bayley to win the match with a bearhug submission was just.. lame. Someone of Bayley's size will have no chance to make anyone of Nia Jax's size submit to a move like a bearhug.

Bayley vs Nia Jax at Takeover was a bad match. I know its sport entertainment, but the idea of David vs Goliath just didn't work for me. And, for Bayley to win the match with a bearhug submission was just.. lame. Someone of Bayley's size will have no chance to make anyone of Nia Jax's size submit to a move like a bearhug.

That was a reverse guillotine choke, not a bearhug.

Mahonay

Banned
What? She submitted her with a guillotine choke hold.

shanafan

That was a reverse guillotine choke, not a bearhug.

What? She submitted her with a guillotine choke hold.

Looked like a bearhug to me, haha. Oh well!

EDIT: I thought the match ended with this submission

g9suxFS.png

Fox318

So, how will the third annual Royal Rumble Rebellion happen this year?
Ambrose has a belt so he probably won't be in the rumble but if he is he should win.

People who shouldn't win the Rumble:

Roman Reigns
John Cena
Stroman
Bearded Hipster Man Wyatt

People who should win:
Brock
Zayn
Owens
Cesaro
Rusev with Lana
Revamped Del Rio

Menome

Also, I should point out: I've not seen a Royal Rumble yet. The 30-person match is obviously the main event but as that takes up most of the roster, do you get a bunch of normal matches too. If so, do people have to fight twice?

shanafan

Also, I should point out: I've not seen a Royal Rumble yet. The 30-person match is obviously the main event but as that takes up most of the roster, do you get a bunch of normal matches too. If so, do people have to fight twice?

Most of them singles/tag team matches will have themselves in the Rumble too. So yeah, you might see people twice.

But for the WWE Championship match, you wouldn't see them in the Rumble match.

Watch a Royal Rumble! They are a lot of fun to watch.

Menome

Most of them singles/tag team matches will have themselves in the Rumble too. So yeah, you might see people twice.

But for the WWE Championship match, you wouldn't see them in the Rumble match.

Watch a Royal Rumble! They are a lot of fun to watch.

Oh I plan to watch, it's just that we're still in the first 12 months of my WWE-viewership so it's the first time the Royal Rumble's rolled round for me.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Ambrose has a belt so he probably won't be in the rumble but if he is he should win.

Roman Reigns
John Cena
Stroman

People who should win:
Brock
Zayn
Owens
Cesaro
Rusev with Lana
Revamped Del Rio
I'd take Stroman over Del Rio in a heartbeat.

Zach

This and Diesel's first few minutes in the 94 Rumble, good times.
There are some good moments in other Rumbles -- like Austin throwing dudes out and waiting for the next entry was fun -- but those are mostly fleeting. Rumbles overall are long, dull slogs. I'm still happy they have the event once a year. I just wish it was a little less predictable.

Roman Reigns
John Cena
Stroman

People who should win:
Brock
Zayn
Owens
Cesaro
Rusev with Lana
Revamped Del Rio
Del Rio? Oh hell no

bjork

Why would Roman be in the rumble itself, this year?

Also, if he does, how awesome would it be if he went to superman punch someone at the very end, but they ducked and he eliminated himself, sending said person to WM?

What if this person was HHH?

Why would Roman be in the rumble itself, this year?

Also, if he does, how awesome would it be if he went to superman punch someone at the very end, but they ducked and he eliminated himself, sending said person to WM?

What if this person was HHH?
Your guess is as good as mine dude lol

Aiii

So not worth it
Hype level for January wrestling:
Sub-zero: Lucha Underground
Seriously cool: Wrestle Kingdom 10
Awesome: Avatar Rumble 2016
Mweh: Royal Rumble 2016

Top Bottom