• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

klonere

Banned
I've changed my mind, Ryback doesn't get Cornette, the Mechanics in NXT do.

A marriage made in 80s heaven, a throwback team with legs unlike those other guys from NXT hehehe

I HATE BIRDS, BOOTS
Here's one for you
M2BNCMN.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Cena cast as James Deen?

Leo Kruger was lame and cornball as fuck

And Adam Rose is better...? Adam Rose is the most DOA gimmick this side of Tyler Breeze.

I mean, maybe he's just secretly lusting after some of the Rosebuds, but we haven't seen them in ages.

Adam Rose turned heel on a random episode of Main Event and is now the guy who doesn't like parties. Seriously.

Ithil

Where's that gif of probably CZW of guys just vaguely tossing each other off a cage through tables and shit so they're wildly flipping around in an uncontrolled manner while plummeting through everything?

That probably is less specific for CZW than it sounds.

klonere

Banned
And Adam Rose is better...? Adam Rose is the most DOA gimmick this side of Tyler Breeze.

Adam Rose turned heel on a random episode of Main Event and is now the guy who doesn't like parties. Seriously.

Adam Rose also got that horrific faux E! News segment that started as what felt like a punishment for Wade Barrett receiving cheers during his BnB stuff.

Adam Rose has a hand-me down segment from Barrett. Dude is BEYOND fucked.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
U wot m8?

hCD79Cb.jpg

I'll fookin 'ave ya, you mug!

u havin' a giggle there m8

i'll bash ur head in i sware on me mum

Adam Rose also got that horrific faux E! News segment that started as what felt like a punishment for Wade Barrett receiving cheers during his BnB stuff.

Adam Rose has a hand-me down segment from Barrett. Dude is BEYOND fucked.

I'd say "well at least he's making main roster money" but I just saw him job to James Storm yesterday and Storm isn't even in NXT for any reason other than being a credible threat for the prospects to bounce off of

somedevil

Here is the NXT card for London so far:

Finn Bálor vs. Samoa Joe
Bayley vs Nia Jax
Baron Corbin vs Apollo Crews
Dash and Dawson vs. Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady (with Carmella)
Asuka vs. Emma

If they need one more match they should do Gable and Jordan vs Blake and Murphy since it seems Gable and Jordan are storyline is they are going through all the former NXT tag champs before going after the champions.

Where's that gif of probably CZW of guys just vaguely tossing each other off a cage through tables and shit so they're wildly flipping around in an uncontrolled manner while plummeting through everything?

This one?

cgj9v1V.gif

"Now how's this going to work............uh, fuck it, I'll just drop him"

Angry Grimace

Am I supposed to be impressed by Nia Jax because so far she's horrible

0b0Cn1v.gif

here's an extra one for you buddy

7J6fJG7.gif

I worked there for five years and can think of hundreds of instances like you're describing

Ithil

You got ZERO responses the last time you asked this, yesterday, because you are hella wrong, friend.

I don't know, she's not very good. She's not scary, because she's just done up like all the other divas. You didn't see Awesome Kong with all glamorous hair and makeup, she was meant to look intimidating. She's also not so big that she's intimidating just from size, regardless of presentation.
She's bad in the ring, but she's a rookie in developmental, she gets a pass for now.
The only time she's felt like a monster heel was tossing Bayley through a door on NXT yesterday. She doesn't have that vibe when in the ring.

shaowebb

yeezus saves said:

To be fair, Claudio had the strength for that move easily and what is impressive is how strong he is for NOT letting Big E fall and get injured here when his grip slipped. Notice he locks his fingers for this lift before he performs it. Notice when he botches? His grip popped apart on him because he went for it before his fingers were hooked and locked properly.

Still a botch, but once you see that his hands fling apart that far and he STILL catches that big sum'bitch and keeps him secure enough not to take injury it becomes pretty nod worthy to him as a pro to work that hard to protect the guy on a lift performed with a bad grip. Most dudes would have straight dumped him without any ability to hold on and flop him over safely the way Claudio did. Bonus points in my book for choosing to let it be a botch and not to try and forcibly finish the move when he knew his grip had been compromised and he couldn't control Big E's descent. Most dudes react in the moment and dont want to look bad out there themself and just try to work through the bad grip and finish the spot. Claudio's instinct was to protect his ring mate.

Still a botch which is bad for the audience, but a pretty marvelous save from Claudio there to prevent an accident on his grip from injuring his ring mate. Someone who makes those kinds of choices in those situations is someone you can train the rust off and use.

I don't know, she's not very good. She's not scary, because she's just done up like all the other divas. You didn't see Awesome Kong with all glamorous hair and makeup, she was meant to look intimidating. She's also not so big that she's intimidating just from size, regardless of presentation.
She's bad in the ring, but she's a rookie in developmental, she gets a pass for now.
The only time she's felt like a monster heel was tossing Bayley through a door on NXT yesterday. She doesn't have that vibe when in the ring.

She's not like most girls, friend.

Angry Grimace

How does CZW still exist. Like MMA had such a hard time but this shit was a ok

because there are backwoods hicks who like seeing people pretend to have their heads opened with a power saw

You got ZERO responses the last time you asked this, yesterday, because you are hella wrong, friend.

I don't always remember when I bitch about people who are horrible

it runs together, like "push cesaro" posts.

She's awful in the ring and looks like she's nervous all the time.

Ithil

I love her. Physically, she provides a much needed intimidation to the smaller stature Behleys (5'6 and 110 lbs) of the world thanks to a physically imposing stature (she's 6'0 and 255 lbs).

What she does, limited it may be, connects and works for her character.

Costume, I give you that. That is easily changeable though.

She also has a cool attitude when not in character.

I really doubt Bayley is 110 pounds.

Zach

I've been very disappointed with Nia Jax. Her skillz and her look are not doing it for me. I hate the smile schtick.

Anyway, here's to hoping she gets better, as there's definitely a place for a Big Nasty Paul Wight in the women's division.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Nia Jax should have learned from Cody Hall and not just relied entirely on family connections and learn some other places before going straight to the WWE. She could have made a huge dent if she did a year in Stardom and then went to WWE.

Also I hope when TNA goes belly up, NOAH books Bobbo Lashlo.

imBask

Banned
if you're going to release an ugly christmas sweater, make it a sweater, not a fucking cotton shirt with a bad print on it

Zach

Granted, I would give you guys all your points re: Nia were she on the WWE roster but let's not forget that we are seeing these characters and pros forge before our very eyes on a much different platform. My suspension of disbelief gives more wiggle room in circumstances like these.

We'll have to see if she improves. I don't think anyone is arguing that she is main event status just yet.

The only modern-day wrassle I'm invested in is NXT, so I just judge 'em how I sees 'em.

Ithil

Granted, I would give you guys all your points re: Nia were she on the WWE roster but let's not forget that we are seeing these characters and pros forge before our very eyes on a much different platform. My suspension of disbelief gives more wiggle room in circumstances like these.

We'll have to see if she improves. I don't think anyone is arguing that she is main event status just yet.

She is in the main event as far as NXT goes, she's already in the NXT Takeover match, having only done a few squashes. Those matches have been a highlight of every live special so far, it feels like a step down. It's not like Kevin Owens winning the NXT title two months after his debut, he'd already been wrestling for over a decade.
Just seems too fast, and I hope the only point of it is to have a WM3 esque finish of Bayley scoop slamming Jax.

Do I want to know why it's raining jobbers?

Probably not.

Simply because they actually thought it'd be a good idea to have a guy dive out of the ceiling.

Old school CZW is the best, just sheer idiocy from everyone involved - Zandig the only one of 'em worth a damn, young Justice Pain getting routinely murdered by Wifebeater, Nick Gage as a scrawny high-flyer (no joke!), dudes falling from the ceiling, a fire match that gets way too out of hand for any indoor wrestling show, XPW supposedly phoning the cops on CZW and getting them banned from the building they ran, etc

Indie wrestling just isn't this sleazy any more, 1998 ~ 2001 was a magical time of such bad decisions.

The funny thing is, 1999-era Zandig CZW draws better per-show than modern day Deej CZW.

MC Safety

I don't think she's terrible. I like the smiling bit she does.

They have to get rid of those hip- and shoulder pads, though. They look dangerous.

Angry Grimace

Why are WWE's woolly jumpers just regular sweaters with pictures of woolly patterns on them?

Wooly sweaters are expensive as shit is why

The funnier part is that they actually designed it for Kevin Owens (he's wearing one in an interview from a couple weeks ago) because it has the KO KO KO joke on it, and then they just ripped the whole concept off and slapped Roman Reigns on it which is the most WWE thing ever

Top Bottom