• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

Sephzilla

zqCg3nB.gif

GODDAMN

JEEZUS

On that note, we should talk about how awesome Jason Jordan and Chad Gable are

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
don't call greco roman or freestyle wrestling "wrasslin" it rubs me the wrong way

Zach

Life is Strange is $10 on the One! Will buy! :D

And I'm considering Tales of Borderlands (also $10). It seems like someone is always talking it up. WrassleGAF thoughts?

Edit: Life is Strange is $10 on PS4, too! Looks like I'm buying it there!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

And I'm considering Tales of Borderlands (also $10). It seems like someone is always talking it up. WrassleGAF thoughts?

It's fantastic and easily worth the time and money. You won't regret it. Legitimately funny. Not like Borderlands games usually try to be. This is special and great.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
qQAYSPb.gif

Has a flippy dipshit on the indies stolen this yet?

I can already see this in WWE except it ends with a DDT because that's how every dangerous looking move ends in WWE since they're not allowed to do any of the cool shit

If WWE is really serious about not tanking their ratings, Owens wins the Rumble.

He is interesting, one of their best talkers, comes across as a badass mofo and most of all, is one of the few people in the roster that isn't stale as fuck, yet.

They'll never do this, but they should.

I have a friend who watched WWE back in the Attitude Era, then dropped it until I got him back in about two years ago. He doesn't watch NXT, so whenever anyone gets brought up, it's interesting to hear his thoughts on them.

He likes Adam Rose and Neville, is confused by Breeze, and *hates* everything about Owens. I don't think he has terrible taste otherwise, but his response to KO just bums me out so much.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Discussion about being PC is easy.

If you CAN make things easier by adjusting your speech and words you use, shouldn't you?

Normally yes, but in many cases, they're trying to stamp out ideologies they don't agree with, and they're all too quick to use the same bullshit they decry. Popehat's better at explaining what I mean, though

https://popehat.com/2015/11/09/safe-spaces-as-shield-safe-spaces-as-sword/
https://popehat.com/2015/11/10/safe-spaces-as-shield-safe-spaces-as-sword-part-ii/
https://popehat.com/2015/10/21/whit...n-university-people-are-bad-with-free-speech/
https://popehat.com/2015/10/06/this-royal-throne-of-feels-this-sheltered-isle-this-england/

From the last link

Case in point: Bahar Mustafa, a "welfare and diversity officer" for a student union at University of London, is being charged with a crime for mean tweeting.

Mustafa rose to attention when she suggested that men and white people shouldn't come to a protest event. This, combined with her use of the ironic hashtag #killallwhitemen on her personal Twitter account, made her a target of right-wing pearl-clutching and hand-wringing. But she didn't engage in that fatuity in America, where she might have just been the talking point of the week. She foolishly did it in England, where trespass unto feels, particularly online, subjects you to actual criminal charges. As a result, she's been charged with two crimes: "sending a threatening letter or communication or sending by public communication network an offensive, indecent, obscene or menacing message."

Seriously.

The hashtag "#killallwhitemen" is an in-joke, an example of somewhat belabored signalling and irony with a dash of trolling. It's meant in part to ridicule overblown rhetoric directed at people like Mustafa. It's not a true threat (no men are specified, no time or place is specified, no means are specified, and it's obviously not meant to be taken literally) nor a genuine exhortation to violence (ditto). In a sensible legal system it shouldn't generate anything more than an eye-roll. But in a feels-based legal system, it's actionable.

And it teaches a few lessons.

First, you censorious Guardians of Feels on the Left: if you thought that the norms you created wouldn't be used against your "own side," you're fools. It is apparently your theory that the law is sexist, racist, and every other -ist, driven by privilege and wealth, and that free speech norms serve to protect rich white guys — yet somehow exceptions to free speech norm will be imposed in an egalitarian, progressive way. That is almost indescribably moronic. Go sit in the corner and think about what you have done.

Second, purveyors of speech-scandals of every sort: you think it can't happen to you? Mustafa complained:

She also accused the media of embarking on a 'witch hunt and shameful character assassination'.

Gosh, really? You mean a joking, satirical, off-the-cuff in-joke can be twisted into a media shitstorm? Do tell. You mean that people will pretend not to understand humor or irony in order to whip up outrage about a reference or in-joke? Imagine. So — will you participate in the next orgy of outrage against someone you don't like?

Certainly, but PC is not just about being "respectful" but about challenging almost the totality of modern discourse and perspective as being mere extensions of straight white cis men's superiority and privilege. It is, like most social and intellectual movements, geared toward the lowest common denominator and discourages critical thinking if that critical thinking leads one to a conclusion that contradicts the ideologies that fuel it. I agree with many of its aims, and some of its ideas, but resent the way it stifles free thinking and expression and chastises those who push back against it as mere perpetuators of the oppressive status quo.

Pretty much. It's just a cudgel being used to bludgeon those who do not tow the orthodoxy line. It's sad, because now we care more about the color of someone's skin rather than the content of their character.

Toki767

Edit: Life is Strange is $10 on PS4, too! Looks like I'm buying it there!

Tales from the Borderlands is $7.50 on PS4.

Angry Grimace

I have a friend who watched WWE back in the Attitude Era, then dropped it until I got him back in about two years ago. He doesn't watch NXT, so whenever anyone gets brought up, it's interesting to hear his thoughts on them.

He likes Adam Rose and Neville, is confused by Breeze, and *hates* everything about Owens. I don't think he has terrible taste otherwise, but his response to KO just bums me out so much.
How is it possible to like Adam Rose. Psycho killer Leo Kruger was way better.

My wife likes Kevin Owens, Rusev and Cena. She specifically dislikes Ambrose and Reigns and is pretty meh on anyone else.

My wife likes Kevin Owens, Rusev and Cena. She specifically dislikes Ambrose and Reigns and is pretty meh on anyone else.

I mean, maybe he's just secretly lusting after some of the Rosebuds, but we haven't seen them in ages.

notworksafe

GF's favorite is Ryback. Honorable mentions go to Big E and Rusev. Her previous favorite used to be Big Show until he turned heel.

Seems she has a thing for big dudes, which works out for me I guess.

Zach

My best friend who happened to wrestle collegiately at the same school as Bobby Lashley would love WrassleGAF right now...

Top Bottom