• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

I know you guys like to shit Glitchfest 2K16 but there's actually a lot of great looking CAWs out there for it:

0LxwOBI.png

tnSM2if.png

Gtsh5hF.png

Source: http://caws.ws/forum/topic/470382-dickys-showcase-zack-sabre-jr-full-preview/

bjork

I feel like there's a lot of "I don't know [fairly prominent wrestler from the boom period]" in these threads. Makes me sad sometimes.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like there's a lot of "I don't know [fairly prominent wrestler from the boom period]" in these threads. Makes me sad sometimes.

Perhaps perhaps, but some of them are better forgotten. In all honesty, I don't think wrestling is any better for having Fatty Dreamer around.

I only started watching wrestling with my son in 2012, and am slowly catching up on the older stuff, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

kiguel182

I only started watching 2005. The only stuff I've seen of Dreamer is like One Night Stand stuff.

The Attitude Era was almost 20 years ago. It's time to let go.

I think Dreamer might hold the record for jumping ship most times in one year.

He started the year in TNA, went to WWE for some NXT house show guest spots, went back to TNA, and is now back in WWE.

My only question is who is the fourth ECW guy they bring in for the inevitable 8-man tables match at TLC. Sandman? Old. Raven? Fat. Balls? Slow. Sabu? Old, fat, AND slow.

There's really only one option.

goBydty.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I only started watching wrestling with my son in 2012, and am slowly catching up on the older stuff, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Join me in my 1000 Matches in 2016 Quest.

I'm considering making a topic for it around the end of the year. See if anyone else is up for it. Basically watch 1000 matches in 2016. Do a tiny writeup of each one, even if it's just a letter grade for each. Just something to think about.

bjork

Perhaps perhaps, but some of them are better forgotten. In all honesty, I don't think wrestling is any better for having Fatty Dreamer around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkDf7csc_bs#t=0m17s

I remember being at a Raw taping in 2006 when Dreamer came out and he got like zero reaction. No stress.

I only started watching 2005. The only stuff I've seen of Dreamer is like One Night Stand stuff.

The Attitude Era was almost 20 years ago. It's time to let go.

Tell that to the industry that's consistently pushed the memory of it ever since then, digging the ECW relics out of the mothballs any time anyone uses a table or does something faux-hardcore.

Fox318

I'm considering making a topic for it around the end of the year. See if anyone else is up for it. Basically watch 1000 matches in 2016. Do a tiny writeup of each one, even if it's just a letter grade for each. Just something to think about.

You should rank them.

It will be easy in the begining but at the end it could be fun to see.

How do you pick the 1000?

kiguel182

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkDf7csc_bs#t=0m17s

I remember being at a Raw taping in 2006 when Dreamer came out and he got like zero reaction. No stress.

Tell that to the industry that's consistently pushed the memory of it ever since then, digging the ECW relics out of the mothballs any time anyone uses a table or does something faux-hardcore.

Yeah, I know they do that. It's one of the things that annoys me the most about WWE right now.

bjork

Matches during 2016, or matches from 2016? One is much more difficult than the other.

kiguel182

save us sina

Until we experience another boom period, that's not gonna happen.

and we aren't going to experience another boom period.

You can't have a boom period when half your programming is talking about the past and how it was the best that's for sure.

A random Rumble appearance or feud to put over talent should be the most these guys appear.

I'll be down for that Vince, shouldn't be too difficult hopefully!

Regarding the Honma stuff, he denied the allegations against him, claimed the he's the one who has been physically abused and is suing Ichiki for trying to damage his career. Unlike the Taichi scandal this hasn't gained any mainstream attention and, as it isn't such a cut and dry situation, it looks like NJPW won't be taking any immediate action.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You should rank them.

It will be easy in the begining but at the end it could be fun to see.

How do you pick the 1000?

Honestly, since there's so many, just watch whatever you want. But keep track of it, chronologically. And with grades. I had started one in 2015, here's what the Google sheet of it looked like:

e7hs7cu.png

EDIT:

LOL some of my other notes. Nice.
E9rhYvo.png

bjork

The longer time goes on, the less likely it is for them to show up. I guess in a way, their having been concussed and back/neck injured into retirement early is an unfortunate blessing. I also guess it's maybe a good thing that most people don't seem to go back and watch older stuff, because if they don't have the reference point for comparison, it just makes the current stuff probably come across that much better. :shrug:

Fox318

Imagine a John Adams style HBO short series covering Vince McMahon.

1. Early family life and his WWF work prior to the takeover
  2. Wrestlemania 1,2, and maybe 3
  3. Hulkamania Era, Donald Trump, and the beginning of the steroid scandal
  4. New Generation failures/Kliq drama and losing to WCW
  5. Montreal
  6. The Attitude Era and the birth of Mr. McMahon
  7. Victory over WCW/ECW and failure in expanding with film, XFL, and The World
  8. HHH abusing his influence, Eddie and Benoit
  9. Linda's Campaign, Shane leaving,and HHH politicking his way up the ladder.
  10. The Network Era/ Out of Touch and surrounded by yes men.

Sephzilla

Imagine a John Adams style HBO short series covering Vince McMahon.

1. Early family life and his WWF work prior to the takeover
  2. Wrestlemania 1,2, and maybe 3
  3. Hulkamania Era, Donald Trump, and the beginning of the steroid scandal
  4. New Generation failures/Kliq drama and losing to WCW
  5. Montreal
  6. The Attitude Era and the birth of Mr. McMahon
  7. Victory over WCW/ECW and failure in expanding with film, XFL, and The World
  8. HHH abusing his influence, Eddie and Benoit
  9. Linda's Campaign, Shane leaving,and HHH politicking his way up the ladder.
  10. The Network Era/ Out of Touch and surrounded by yes men.

Sounds like the professional wrestling equivalent of the Rise and Fall of George Lucas

bjork

HHH is key to the Vince story.

Hell Smackdown was beating raw in merch, ratings, and house show attendance all while HHH was trying to play harley race and get himself over everyone.

And what happened to all those SD guys? HHH is still here, so their investment at least gets some return once in awhile.

notworksafe

I know absolutely nothing about Tommy Dreamer, but I get the impression he's a washed-up old guy that of course Vince would bring back for a cheap pop to try to pump up those ratings.

But no one seems to care?

Dreamer is in better shape than most of those old ECW guys, really. I might be the only one, but I'm excited to see him return.

People were trying way too hard last night with the "B-but why am I supposed to cheer Reigns for punching out the obnoxious heel champ?" bullshit.

Honestly, since there's so many, just watch whatever you want. But keep track of it, chronologically. And with grades. I had started one in 2015, here's what the Google sheet of it looked like:

e7hs7cu.png

EDIT:

LOL some of my other notes. Nice.
E9rhYvo.png

Would be cool if the Network had an I'm Feeling Lucky button that would take you to a random match across its entire library.

notworksafe

Finally got used to the Xbox One updated dash. Also very happy that the update fixed the problems I was having with the Network app. Of course it introduced a new problem with the Twitch app but nothing is perfect, I guess.

bjork

The ref was not getting down for the counts quick enough, and the guy who created my character said I wrestle boring.

GWF conspiracy

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The ref was not getting down for the counts quick enough, and the guy who created my character said I wrestle boring.

GWF conspiracy

You have 91 Taker's moveset. His wrestling was effective but terrible to watch. Enjoyed your Old School move though. While it was still old school.

imBask

Banned
Sephzilla is back from is suspension while OBVIOUSLY still on dope, but my match got canceled?

this fucking carny ass company

this company would be in better shape if Sunny was DEAD

Top Bottom