• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

JavyOO7

When I finally finish my essays for Sociology class I'll finally go into PROGRESS watching. I wanna see stuff before my trial ends. I'm sure the stuff there is excellent though.

That's because the thread would be empty.
hgUK3al.gif

I'm not opposed to shutting down for a month while people get their shit together. Maybe after that month is up, people can realize what the fuck we have and treat it with a little more care.

I vote Aye for Axe WrassleGAF for a Month.

You just don't want to do awards voting this year.

I remember filming Jimmy Havoc matches in 2012 and thinking he had a stupid haircut, no personality, and did way too many double stomps

It's good to see that in 2015, all of this is still correct

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Psycho Clown vs Dr Wagner Jr vs Blue Demon Jr got uploaded though it's obviously fancam.

There's a ton of charisma in that ring. And Blue Demon Jr is also there.

Also

Fireball is crazy over already

I remember filming Jimmy Havoc matches in 2012 and thinking he had a stupid haircut, no personality, and did way too many double stomps

It's good to see that in 2015, all of this is still correct

Shit haircut I'll grant you, but no personality? He changed character, became one of, if not the biggest heel in the country and increased his stock in wrestling tenfold. The number of marks who worked themselves into a shoot over his storyline was a sight to behold. That's not the sort of thing a wrestler accomplishes with no personality.

i'm making a mental note of some of the troubleamakers in this thread

a list which i'm gonna use for absolutely nothing, including not messaging y2kev.

Shit haircut I'll grant you, but no personality? He changed character, became one of, if not the biggest heel in the country and increased his stock in wrestling tenfold. The number of marks who worked themselves into a shoot over his storyline was a sight to behold. That's not the sort of thing a wrestler accomplishes with no personality.

What was his storyline anyways, I have no idea
All I know is he likes blood a lot. He probably goes to clinics a lot and donates

It's weird how a few of you are basically saying "Don't PM the mods" instead of you know... "Don't be a disrespectful shithead"

well it's pretty much just me saying that. and here's why.

this is a maligned community which, when it does get mod attention, it's because we're afoul of neogaf rules. that's often justified, but the rule creep i see in y2kev's post isn't. it isn't about defending against 'assholeness' - that's impossible to define and like someone joked, would lead us into the PG era of wrasslegaf. we, as a whole, don't tolerate hate speech or even mild homophobic, racist and sexist comments, and i'd leave that up to the community to decide,

we don't put up with that shit. we don't need to be moderated. a motherfucker who isn't us needs to be banned every once in a while but that's it.

UberTag

Not even a week in and this place is getting backstage heat and in the dog house and a risk of being pulled off TV.
TNA will outlive WrassleGAF. Just as it will outlive the sun going dark and the extinction of life on this planet. Dixie Carter will still be greasing those wheels. Will probably try and land an overnight timeslot on some Home Shopping Network on some alien homeworld. Kurt Angle will still be wrestling, too.

I'm not shaming anyone for snitching, I'd just rather see us work out our differences with discussion. If someone doesn't feel that's possible here, or that they'd be looked upon harshly for attempting to do so, then that's just sad.

What was his storyline anyways, I have no idea
All I know is he likes blood a lot. He probably goes to clinics a lot and donates

He turned heel, beat up the PROGRESS co-owner, cashed in a title shot and won the championship from the new babyface champion Mark Andrews before Andrews reign could even begin, but it was a slow burn towards that - it started with a twitter campaign to get Havoc booked because PROGRESS management saw him as "just a deathmatch wrestler", but they eventually gave Jimmy a chance and he got over as an underdog who was desperate to prove himself and get a win. PROGRESS would make use of his deathmatch credentials to fight their own battles, but Havoc saw PROGRESS as an opportunity to prove himself as a proper wrestler and resented the fact that management didn't see him in that light. He had a great match against Zack Sabre Jr. with Nigel McGuinness as the guest ref, Nigel told him in his post-match speech that he didn't need to do hardcore because he was a great wrestler in his own right. Then at the very next show PROGRESS again booked him in another violent match stipulation. His eventual turn a couple of shows later he'd attribute to this and to the fans who clamoured to see him put his body at risk. It was a nuanced turn because, while Havoc had undoubtedly acted like a massive cunt, there was an element of truth to his grievances - someone less adept would have run the risk of turning a story like that into one of an anti-establishment 'cool heel', but Jimmy did such a great job of provoking the audience and confounding PROGRESS management at every turn he was almost universally hated. I'd attribute the storyline to the growth of PROGRESS more than any one factor, it made each Chapter a must-see event and the fact that PROGRESS kept selling out tickets faster and faster (even with the move to a venue over twice the size) backs that up.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not shaming anyone for snitching, I'd just rather see us work out our differences with discussion. If someone doesn't feel that's possible here, or that they'd be looked upon harshly for attempting to do so, then that's just sad.

Here's what it boils down to. Problems with both the Omerta aspect and the #snitchlife aspect.

Ideally, communities are self-policing but not heavily. Through fostering a good set of respected community culture, you shouldn't HAVE to police a community. When things get weird is when one side or the other wants to "spoil" it for the other side, or wants to fuck with regular posters.

Beef and Sandman snitch because us, as a community, have failed to provide a clear guide on what is accepted and what isn't. This isn't unique to us, most communities have their own set of culture and rules that are expected for regulars and, while indecipherable initially to newcomers, nobody's getting the boot for not "getting it" - because we teach.

We need to do better as a community by not trying to spoil anyone on any side's time. Even if it's mark ass mark shit, even if it's a tasteful Yuji Nagata nude photo that has no genitalia.

Some things I'd like to see that I personally feel hurts our community (but this is ONLY my opinion and should be taken as just one person's opinion here):

- Cut down on accusing people of gimmick posting.

Actually that's pretty much it. If I can do that, and I don't think I do, but it's hard to tell if your head is up your own ass, I think this place can improve and foster a positive culture when we all watch what a lot of people feel is a negative show. We come in all tastes, and one man's trash is another's treasure as the maxim goes.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
An addendum to that post, when a mod gets lots of PMs about a community, we're then branded a problem community, even if we don't feel we are. Let's just fix it.

Colocho

Banned
Okay, this is seriously my final warning. I get a PM a day about this thread and I'm tired of it.

FlammableD, there is no excuse for you to post the gifs you posted. Do you understand why they are indecent?

The next time I open this thread and see misogyny, Diet Racism, ass, dick, exclusiveness, assholishness, or whatever, you're going to lose the thread for a month.

You can PM me for clarification if you want but this is as much as I'm willing to offer. We are LIVING in a SOCIETY /george.

Is this a work?

An addendum to that post, when a mod gets lots of PMs about a community, we're then branded a problem community, even if we don't feel we are. Let's just fix it.

Totally agreed. I think the problems have been exaggerated, I think it needs to stop coming to mods attention.

Beef I'd ask you to keep it in house next time because I can speak for myself when I say I won't put up with any gross bullshit, and I don't think many others would either.

Sunny, are you gonna handle this or what?

This shit has gotten out of hand. It shouldn't even be like this.

Top Bottom