• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

Guys.

Whoever sent that shit to the mods, cut it the fuck out. Send it to me and I'll deal with it. I can't abide wrasslegaf being shut down for a month over some bullshit. I'd say send it to Sunny but he seems asleep at the wheel, so send it to me FIRST - and if i don't reply quickly and deal with it succinctly, then you've got every right to go to the mods. If it's an urgent matter, it's it's a post that needs deleted, let's put it all through one member rather than this deluge we've been having.

DMczaf

I'm about to shoot...

Does anyone REALLY think "omerta" was a real thing? As if mods weren't going to do their job on this thread like any other thread?

So where's his first attack? Del Rio or Trips?

E: Freckle, you serious on Krampus?

It's a fun time. A horror comedy. Decent designs and wonderfully shot and acted. I had fun. It's got cult classic written all over it. Definitely one of the better alternative Christmas films out there, in my opinion. And I'm a big horror guy.

Guys.

Whoever sent that shit to the mods, cut it the fuck out. Send it to me and I'll deal with it. I can't abide wrasslegaf being shut down for a month over some bullshit. I'd say send it to Sunny but he seems asleep at the wheel, so send it to me FIRST - and if i don't reply quickly and deal with it succinctly, then you've got every right to go to the mods. If it's an urgent matter, it's it's a post that needs deleted, let's put it all through one member rather than this deluge we've been having.

okay, can someone sum up what happened today and why Wrasslegaf could be on
TNA_Lockdown_2014_Poster.jpg

It's a fun time. A horror comedy. Decent designs and wonderfully shot and acted. I had fun. It's got cult classic written all over it. Definitely one of the better alternative Christmas films out there, in my opinion. And I'm a big horror guy.

okay, can someone sum up what happened today and why Wrasslegaf could be on
TNA_Lockdown_2014_Poster.jpg

we're on a knife's edge

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm about to shoot...

Does anyone REALLY think "omerta" was a real thing? As if mods weren't going to do their job on this thread like any other thread?

Apparently. Also the idea that we were joking about snitching. No one cares about snitches here, in fact they're doing the right thing bringing in the moderators to clean this place up of undesirable posts.

DMczaf

Apparently. Also the idea that we were joking about snitching. No one cares about snitches here, in fact they're doing the right thing bringing in the moderators to clean this place up of undesirable posts.

I...I'm still not ready to break that kayfabe. I can't!

This thread is being regulated and watched from the outside. You're on a public forum, full of lurkers, as well as a moderation team whose job it is to watch and regulate this thread. Because there are so few of us, and so many communities, we don't peek in as often as we'd like. The communities we like the most are those that, even when we don't peek in for a month, just keep rolling along and making wveryone happy.

The communities that are a giant pain in the ass are the ones where we can't go a day without getting an email from community regulars (not random lurkers) about everyone being assholes to each other.

It's pretty simple, really: this community lives or dies by the same rules as the rest of the forum. No homophobia, no racism, no transphobia, no attacking and insulting other members. If that's a problem for anyone at all, feel free to PM me and I'll process your permanent ban, and save the rest of the guys in here from paying for someone else's behavior.

Because that's where this particular argument ends. You get a handful of guys who freak out when a moderator does their job, and that gets threads closed. The correct response to y2kev's post is to do better, and to do so as rapidly as possible, without bitching.

I like this thread. I have argued to keep it in existence when the sheer number of complaints from folks suggests to other moderators that it's time to close it down. That's why I'm here posting right now, because I'd like to see this thread go forward and continue to be a fun place for all wrasslin' fans to come.

But the idea that you're going to silo yourselves off, give shit to "snitches", and get by solely on not being noticed is dumb, and a disaster waiting to happen. Sooner or later, someone's going to say something, and when we come in and look, if we see page fter page of issues, hidden because you've comvinced people not to say anything, someone's going to close the thread. I have literally seen this tactic taken by nearly every thread that is now closed. I don't suggest it.

I like this thread too. And I think it should stay.

That's why I think it should be closed for a month. Gives everybody a break to go their own separate ways, let off some steam, and best case: mature. Beyond the point of NSFW images not being tagged, beyond the point of shaming people for how their bodies are, and absolutely beyond the point of using homophobic and transphobic slurs. We should be better than all of that, and that not all of us are is sad and warrants a timeout. That there's been as much complaints as there have been is just further proof of the need.

Bring WrassleGAF back before the Rumble and we should be better. Probably minus a few people who didn't want to progress with the thread, but sometimes that has to happen too.

We Can be better, and We Will be better

besada

Banned
Guys.

Whoever sent that shit to the mods, cut it the fuck out.
Seriously, I literally just said not to do this. If people want to PM moderators regarding issues, we encourage it. If people continue this stupid omerta shit, and continue giving a hard time to someone who contacts moderation, I'll simply excise that person from the community.

I like this thread too. And I think it should stay.

That's why I think it should be closed for a month. Gives everybody a break to go their own separate ways, let off some steam, and maybe mature. Beyond the point of NSFW images not being tagged, beyond the point of shaming people for how their bodies are, and absolutely beyond the point of using homophobic and transphobic slurs. We should be better than all of that, and that not all of us are is sad and warrants a timeout. That there's been as much complaints as there have been is just further proof of the need.

Bring WrassleGAF back before the Rumble and we should be better. Probably minus a few people who didn't want to progress with the thread, but sometimes that has to happen too.

We Can be better, and We Will be better

agenda as hell.

'i support the dominant agenda as said by the mods'

'wow cool'

Seriously, I literally just said not to do this. If people want to PM moderators regarding issues, we encourage it. If people continue this stupid omerta shit, and continue giving a hard time to someone who contacts moderation, I'll simply excise that person from the community.

i would never pm a third party, i pm directly, that's all

i say we continue to deal with this shit in this topic

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Things that went underappreciated in wrasslegaf that you should check out

The 'Hideki Suzuki Is Wrestle-1 Champion Even Though He Thinks The Promotion Is Shit And Shows It/Kai feud' is one of the best storylines and feuds of the year but no one watched it because it was in Wrestle-1. Suzuki turned shit into gold and his lethargy towards the title in the face of Kai who was the uncrowned ace who worked so hard for said title challenged Hideki Suzuki for the title and was completely eviscerated by Suzuki. Suzuki even destroyed wrasslegaf favorite Hama in his constant disgust of Muta's shitty company
tumblr_inline_no1diuIVpX1qhf2de_500.jpg

gre5rhegthh54h54izsxu.gif

Kai would eventually come back to win the title but the vignettes leading up to it showed him returning to his teacher Animal Hamaguchi(who trained half of the modern Japanese wrestlers seemingly) and vignettes of Suzuki who just didn't give a fuck, which would seemingly be his downfall. Kai would later lose the title to Manabu Soya who would surprisingly go on to have one of the better matches of 2015 with Keiji Mutoh

Other things that may be forgotten at the end of the year that I would rather not be, 'Kazuki Hashimoto can't beat any old timers' angle, La Sombra vs Atlantis, and Kairi Hojo vs Meiko Satomura

and am I missing something about this homophobic/transphobic stuff? Because I sure don't recall any of it

I didn't snitch on those dumb gifs. Like I said before, I'm busy watching Capcom Cup do better than Raw, ratings-wise.

That being said, I'll snitch if I have to when some extreme dumb shit happens with no signs of it stopping. If you don't want to worry about mods coming in here to stomp the yard, then just stop doing dumb shit. Simple as that. I don't get how a community of grown-ass men doesn't get that simple fact in 2015. I'm pretty comfortable in saying that everyone who was banned in the past year, 90% of them were deserving. Then y'all come back in here like it was unjust (SUNFLOWER, for one; Freckle...i don't even know lmao).

Just stop doing dumb shit. It's easy! You'll find that you get banned a lot less when you do that, too.

I'll have you know I have gone 34 minutes without being banned.

Raw doesn't get a break.

We don't get a break.

24/7, 365. Live it. Breath it. This is your life.

WrassleGAF.

NFL games are getting funny again, and lucha's dying

Hell, the Bucs are even winning now

You can't be 365 for 3, 6, or 5 different things. Even Steiner doesn't think that's mathematically possible

Oersted

Just saw that post...

CommentPhotos.com_1392845630.jpg

FlammableD buy a cat. Cat knows.

Guys.

Mods said what they want. We follow suit. It is that simple.

NFL games are getting funny again, and lucha's dying

Hell, the Bucs are even winning now

You can't be 365 for 3, 6, or 5 different things. Even Steiner doesn't think that's mathematically possible
Fuck. The most frightening thing is the playoffs picture right now.

I don't want to play Seattle at all.

That PG-13 rating still scares me tbh lol

Btw who's Omerta?

I dunno, they say fuck, and get away with a lot for a PG-13. And I'm pretty happy, because this is a great starter horror movie for kids. It'll make them shit their beds, but it's not so over the top that it'll scar them.

Oersted

Raw doesn't get a break.

We don't get a break.

24/7, 365. Live it. Breath it. This is your life.

WrassleGAF.

Thats the spirit. To start the new week, which Wrasslin character/s do you folks actually buy into?

My picks would be Wyatt, Cena, Banks.

I dunno, they say fuck, and get away with a lot for a PG-13. And I'm pretty happy, because this is a great starter horror movie for kids. It'll make them shit their beds, but it's not so over the top that it'll scar them.
For someone who only laughs at horror movies now (I've become desensitized since my cousins used to scare me with Chucky, Freddie, and Jaaon as early as 4) would it be good to me?

when keeping it real_slime goes wrong

For someone who only laughs at horror movies now (I've become desensitized since my cousins used to scare me with Chucky, Freddie, and Jaaon as early as 4) would it be good to me?

I think so. It's a horror comedy christmas movie. I'm not sure others will feel the same, but it's very gremlins to me in that same kinda vibe.

JavyOO7

Yes, sombra/Atlantis was tremendous. A bit of smoke and mirrors to give Atlantis some rest but was designed to get crowd to rally behind him. Promos afterwards backstage from Rush/Sombra and Atlantis was tremendous. Especially Atlantis. Has this really homely way of talking and I understood there why he is such a big babyface for CMLL. I so not think any of their promos were scripted... But I felt more engaged with what they had to say than everyone else in WWE not named Ambrose / Wyatt.

Sombra will get 'rekt' unless a miracle happens though. Vince just does what he knows and does not bother to survey the wrasslin' landscape in front of him...

It's alright. Not the scariest film this year, but also not the worst. Fun for kids, and you'll probably get a couple laughs and maybe a surprise.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Friends, I have a feeling...I think tomorrow night will be the night.

I'm on the east coast...so Tonight's the Night!

For me to play more Xenoblade.

I have almost finished 1997 Nitros. People are starting to show up each and every week. This roster is getting titanic.

It's alright. Not the scariest film this year, but also not the worst. Fun for kids, and you'll probably get a couple laughs and maybe a surprise.
Hmmm. Well I am planning on going to see it Tuesday(5 bucks all day) so I may take the chance. Depending on what's at the 2.50 movies this week.

Friends, I have a feeling...I think tomorrow night will be the night.
You meant Tonight is the night.

Top Bottom