• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

bronx has established himself as a respected wrasslegaffer in his short time here

this isn't about dissing people.

we're all pals.
bhqKqzX.gif

Started watching 2002 Smackdown episodes (right at the draft stuff). Totally missed this after I stopped watching in 2001. Actually some great episodes in there so far (March). Highlights how poor the WWE stories and shows are today.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Started watching 2002 Smackdown episodes (right at the draft stuff). Totally missed this after I stopped watching in 2001. Actually some great episodes in there so far (March). Highlights how poor the WWE stories and shows are today.
2002 Smackdown was incredibly engaging and was a huge shift from what Raw was doing. There was a real audience there, one that they were ok with going out and finding.

But where's the lie?

Seriously though, we all need to just breathe and chill for a little bit. We're all united in our love/hatred for wrestling, let's focus on that again.

Indeed. Let's keep an eye out for gross shit as we always have and btw

let's not post about dildos going into asses, which is what started this bullshit

they very well may go into asses, and that's all well and good, but it isn't what we need right now

raw is tomorrow anyway, we'll have more to talk about then

King king kong Bundy

Really King? That's not a deserving king imo.

Hilarious!

Bronx, wtf is that shit? A new Cena shirt?

Nvm I see the cenation symbol in the bottom.

¡HarlequinPanic!;188215508 said:
Keep the recaps coming Blue, enjoying your passion.

You should try capturing gifs sometime!
Too much effort lol. Going from 93' to 95 the product is so weird now. I miss the Raw girls. I miss Macho Man. I miss The Brain, it's so weird man.

I didn't snitch on those dumb gifs. Like I said before, I'm busy watching Capcom Cup do better than Raw, ratings-wise.

That being said, I'll snitch if I have to when some extreme dumb shit happens with no signs of it stopping. If you don't want to worry about mods coming in here to stomp the yard, then just stop doing dumb shit. Simple as that. I don't get how a community of grown-ass men doesn't get that simple fact in 2015. I'm pretty comfortable in saying that everyone who was banned in the past year, 90% of them were deserving. Then y'all come back in here like it was unjust (SUNFLOWER, for one; Freckle...i don't even know lmao).

Just stop doing dumb shit. It's easy! You'll find that you get banned a lot less when you do that, too.

I didn't snitch on those dumb gifs. Like I said before, I'm busy watching Capcom Cup do better than Raw, ratings-wise.

That being said, I'll snitch if I have to when some extreme dumb shit happens with no signs of it stopping. If you don't want to worry about mods coming in here to stomp the yard, then just stop doing dumb shit. Simple as that. I don't get how a community of grown-ass men doesn't get that simple fact in 2015. I'm pretty comfortable in saying that everyone who was banned in the past year, 90% of them were deserving. Then y'all come back in here like it was unjust (SUNFLOWER, for one; Freckle...i don't even know lmao).

Just stop doing dumb shit. It's easy! You'll find that you get banned a lot less when you do that, too.
He does have a point.

He does have a doctorate so he knows what he's talking about.

Heel

Beef in the cut for years waiting for his opportunity, just like Daigo.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't see what people getting banned has to do with it. If you have to get banned, you get banned. It's whatever. It's the part where someone keeps PMing mods because they think we're inclusive or some shit. It's the part where they can't just fucking speak up and say something about it and instead go screaming for someone else to take care of the situation. Imagine if I fucking went to the mods and said 'It's supposed to be the wrasslin thread but it's only WWE! There's not even non-WWE promotions in the OT! Fix this!' rather than presenting the problem or even giving answers to the problem.

And a lot of the time, the shit about people complaining about us being inclusive gives the image that it comes from outside of the threads from people who don't even post in here. People who just watch this and get upset because someone made fun of their fucking favorite. We're always welcoming to new people outside of the welcome back stro posts that only happen once, possibly twice.

I'm sure some of you will be happy to hear this, but shit like this just makes me want to stop posting in the community because it feels like it's being regulated and watched from the outside. Lurkers with a fucking vendetta that can't take a joke or people who want change but won't address it directly.

I'll snitch on anybody and everybody

Just pointing that out in general because the discussion was up. Carry on

Also yeah looks like Rey's knees blew out again. Can't even be lolAAA at that because that was the most predictable collapse that could have came this year

Another of those people who won't retire until it's too late. By 2020 if he's still able to walk at all, he got off lucky at this rate

Kaladin

I'm gone for a weekend and you guys get a final warning before this place is shut down for a month?

And because I know some people are wondering, it wasn't me. I would have called those gifs out in the thread as disgusting, but I didn't PM any mod about it. I don't do that anymore.

besada

Banned
I'm sure some of you will be happy to hear this, but shit like this just makes me want to stop posting in the community because it feels like it's being regulated and watched from the outside. Lurkers with a fucking vendetta that can't take a joke or people who want change but won't address it directly.

This thread is being regulated and watched from the outside. You're on a public forum, full of lurkers, as well as a moderation team whose job it is to watch and regulate this thread. Because there are so few of us, and so many communities, we don't peek in as often as we'd like. The communities we like the most are those that, even when we don't peek in for a month, just keep rolling along and making wveryone happy.

The communities that are a giant pain in the ass are the ones where we can't go a day without getting an email from community regulars (not random lurkers) about everyone being assholes to each other.

It's pretty simple, really: this community lives or dies by the same rules as the rest of the forum. No homophobia, no racism, no transphobia, no attacking and insulting other members. If that's a problem for anyone at all, feel free to PM me and I'll process your permanent ban, and save the rest of the guys in here from paying for someone else's behavior.

Because that's where this particular argument ends. You get a handful of guys who freak out when a moderator does their job, and that gets threads closed. The correct response to y2kev's post is to do better, and to do so as rapidly as possible, without bitching.

I like this thread. I have argued to keep it in existence when the sheer number of complaints from folks suggests to other moderators that it's time to close it down. That's why I'm here posting right now, because I'd like to see this thread go forward and continue to be a fun place for all wrasslin' fans to come.

But the idea that you're going to silo yourselves off, give shit to "snitches", and get by solely on not being noticed is dumb, and a disaster waiting to happen. Sooner or later, someone's going to say something, and when we come in and look, if we see page fter page of issues, hidden because you've comvinced people not to say anything, someone's going to close the thread. I have literally seen this tactic taken by nearly every thread that is now closed. I don't suggest it.

This thread is being regulated and watched from the outside. You're on a public forum, full of lurkers, as well as a moderation team whose job it is to watch and regulate this thread. Because there are so few of us, and so many communities, we don't peek in as often as we'd like. The communities we like the most are those that, even when we don't peek in for a month, just keep rolling along and making wveryone happy.

The communities that are a giant pain in the ass are the ones where we can't go a day without getting an email from community regulars (not random lurkers) about everyone being assholes to each other.

It's pretty simple, really: this community lives or dies by the same rules as the rest of the forum. No homophobia, no racism, no transphobia, no attacking and insulting other members. If that's a problem for anyone at all, feel free to PM me and I'll process your permanent ban, and save the rest of the guys in here from paying for someone else's behavior.

Because that's where this particular argument ends. You get a handful of guys who freak out when a moderator does their job, and that gets threads closed. The correct response to y2kev's post is to do better, and to do so as rapidly as possible, without bitching.

I like this thread. I have argued to keep it in existence when the sheer number of complaints from folks suggests to other moderators that it's time to close it down. That's why I'm here posting right now, because I'd like to see this thread go forward and continue to be a fun place for all wrasslin' fans to come.

But the idea that you're going to silo yourselves off, give shit to "snitches", and get by solely on not being noticed is dumb, and a disaster waiting to happen. Sooner or later, someone's going to say something, and when we come in and look, if we see page fter page of issues, hidden because you've comvinced people not to say anything, someone's going to close the thread. I have literally seen this tactic taken by nearly every thread that is now closed. I don't suggest it.

Just so it's not buried (lol) at the bottom of the last page

Top Bottom