• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Hell, DM believed that Sting would be used well in the WWE!
tLQ8B.png

He was used perfectly. Put to bed by the future of the WWE after losing the Monday Night War one final time at Wrestlemania.

Well, that and his awesome feud with a statue.

I'm on the east coast...so Tonight's the Night!

For me to play more Xenoblade.

I have almost finished 1997 Nitros. People are starting to show up each and every week. This roster is getting titanic.
Over 200 people man. They were just hoarding people from WWF.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Over 200 people man. They were just hoarding people from WWF.

This past month they've introduced about six more luchadores, Raven, Stevie Richards (I completely forgot about this run) Mr. Perfect, and probably one or two guys I've forgotten about.

This past month they've introduced about six more luchadores, Raven, Stevie Richards (I completely forgot about this run) Mr. Perfect, and probably one or two guys I've forgotten about.
I wonder how much time did segments from nWo take up on average from late 96-97. Let me know what's one of the longest you can remember.

Btw you're doing WWF v. WcW aren't you?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I wonder how much time did segments from nWo take up on average from late 96-97. Let me know what's one of the longest you can remember.

Probably the time they take over Nitro in December. That takes like 40 minutes when its all said and done.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

I had the exact same thought process not but two months ago. Of, 'Wait, Stevie was in WCW?' while watching WCW. And he got tons of mic time too!

Stevie Richards...lol

Is Ambrose sorta the newer Version of Stevie Richards?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Btw you're doing WWF v. WcW aren't you?

Yes. I did Raw+PPVs for 1993-1997 this year and change, and took a break in there to watch 1996 Nitro. Now I'm onto 1997 Nitro.

Then another break before I finally use Hulu+the Network to catch up on all of NXT. Then, we'll see. I kinda want to wait to see what Attitude era stuff they put up.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
real_slime was never the same after he realized that the WWE is for kids
A man with nothing left to live for has nothing left to lose.

Birds in the sky
Carry these words for me
Life tasted sweet
It let me live, let me breathe

Ezy4D.gif

Rest easy real_slime.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
real_slime tried to go into business for himself with predictable results.

The funniest part was where he kept trying to appoint himself as Head of the WrassleGAF KGB.

Daniel Bryan getting ready to shoot on everybody

"He was out with some injuries in WWE," Henderson said. "He came to our gym and moved up to blue belt in jiu-jitsu under my coach John Crouch. Every time I go in there, he's working his butt off. I heard he was pretty strong and actually surprised me with how technical he is. A lot of guys have a hard time learning all those techniques. I heard he was really great at being able to use his technique and not relying on his strength. He's smooth and does jiu-jitsu really well."

tm24

I dont know what the hell is going on. Is this the wrasslegaf equivalent of whatever the fuck is happening with Averno?

Did anyone watch the Psycho/Wagner/Demon fancam? Shit's pretty good despite Demon being there

Menome

Can't help the next few weeks will be RAW on cruise-control until Cena returns. I'll likely have it on my tablet to distract me from wetting my pants playing SOMA despite having cheats on.

Unless they're desperate enough for a one-off ratings pop by having the title fight on RAW, in a convoluted fashion after kayfabe-telling Reigns he has to wait until TLC, then I can't foresee any meaningful story-progression for anyone.

tm24

It was pretty good whenever they got Demon out of the ring. Wagner was pulling off some sweet powerbombs.

Yeah, for a small guy he does great powerbombs, which brings up the question. Which small guys have super impressive powerbombs?

So i was thinking, i can't think of a single good Demon Jr match. Even Octagon, who i fucking hate, has been involved in good matches

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I dont know what the hell is going on. Is this the wrasslegaf equivalent of whatever the fuck is happening with Averno?

Did anyone watch the Psycho/Wagner/Demon fancam? Shit's pretty good despite Demon being there

Well, with Rey out there's a higher chance of Psycho and Wagner having a program. It reminded me of how surprisingly smooth Psycho is. Even if he keeps his moveset limited, he hits everything smoothly for someone of his size and build. Like that discus clothesline. BDJ is such shit but I can never get over how good he looks in dimly lit matches. Such an amazing look. And I liked them fighting over pinning Psycho.

The young guys tag with Arez, Mr Leo, Impulso and all them is really fun too
MXz15M0.gif

If Arez can stop looking like such an indie shmuck he's got a ton of potential
which brings up the question. Which small guys have super impressive powerbombs?
Here's these while I make a gif of Superfly's murder powerbomb
21592%20-%20World_War_3%20autoplay_gif%20gif%20mask%20powerbomb%20referee%20rey_mysterio%20ultimo_dragon%20wcw.gif

LigerRunningLigerBomb.gif

tm24

I honestly think that all 3 of the second generation of Brazos are pretty smooth. La Mascara is probably the worst of the bunch, but i fell like that is mostly because he has none of the charisma of the first generation of Brazo that Psycho and Maximo clearly have inherited

Arez and Golden Magic are the two that i think are going to be something eventually. My hope is that Arez gets more booking from IWRG which eventually leads to someone giving him a mask and a gimmick and a chance. Hopefully RCH and CMLL elite undercards give more shots to Arez and Golden Magic so they can work some bigger matches like how Golden Magic just worked against Rey Cometa

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Which reminded me that Aerostar and Superfly had a great match this year

I wouldn't have even minded the ending if they didn't ruin it in LU for no reason other than to make Sexy Star Look Stronk. Fuck you Sexy Star. Superfly is hideous. He needs something when they give him nothing.
fdggfddfguojwv.gif

grffdgfgdgfdpajsj.gif

frfgrgefdgrezxjof.gif

tm24

Was this match technically this year? I remember including it on my lists last year but that was probably from a fancam

There's something about that match that stops it from being great for me and i just cant explain it

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Was this match technically this year? I remember including it on my lists last year but that was probably from a fancam

There's something about that match that stops it from being great for me and i just cant explain it

Fancam 2014, aired 2015 so it can fit in either way. It doesn't have the drama of Atlantis/Sombra, but it's a fun 'evil flying guy vs good flying guy' match. Think the thing we should be most thankful this year is that Aerostar still hasn't Hayabusa'd himself

I won't be happy with NJPW until I see Kamaitachi join los ingobernables at Fantasticamania.

Kornflayx

Well, with Rey out there's a higher chance of Psycho and Wagner having a program. It reminded me of how surprisingly smooth Psycho is. Even if he keeps his moveset limited, he hits everything smoothly for someone of his size and build. Like that discus clothesline. BDJ is such shit but I can never get over how good he looks in dimly lit matches. Such an amazing look. And I liked them fighting over pinning Psycho.

The young guys tag with Arez, Mr Leo, Impulso and all them is really fun too
MXz15M0.gif

If Arez can stop looking like such an indie shmuck he's got a ton of potential

Here's these while I make a gif of Superfly's murder powerbomb
21592%20-%20World_War_3%20autoplay_gif%20gif%20mask%20powerbomb%20referee%20rey_mysterio%20ultimo_dragon%20wcw.gif

LigerRunningLigerBomb.gif

Hey Data, can I buy Yakuza 5 if I've never played the other games. Or do I absolutely need the backstory?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hey Data, can I buy Yakuza 5 if I've never played the other games. Or do I absolutely need the backstory?

The Yakuza games always come with a large video section called 'Previously on Yakuza' or something similar where they go through the details of all the previous games for that specific reason. They're a bit long, but they're worth it because of how attached you can get to the characters. That said, don't expect to remember every single one because I barely remember anyone from 2 despite playing and finishing it.

tm24

Fancam 2014, aired 2015 so it can fit in either way. It doesn't have the drama of Atlantis/Sombra, but it's a fun 'evil flying guy vs good flying guy' match. Think the thing we should be most thankful this year is that Aerostar still hasn't Hayabusa'd himself

I won't be happy with NJPW until I see Kamaitachi join los ingobernables at Fantasticamania.

The more i think about it, the more i realize that i just dont like Aerostar that much. He's not Octagon levels of meh to me, but to me he just kinda exists as random flying technico.

And yes. I still think Kamaitachi should have won the belt and had a rematch at Fantasticamania because those fans would lose their shit

Also, going through my lucha top ten and shit is weird this year. Got quite a few more indy lucha matches ever since i started ordering more shit from Black Terry. My list basically boils down to holy shit i really love Hechicero

Kornflayx

The Yakuza games always come with a large video section called 'Previously on Yakuza' or something similar where they go through the details of all the previous games for that specific reason. They're a bit long, but they're worth it because of how attached you can get to the characters. That said, don't expect to remember every single one because I barely remember anyone from 2 despite playing and finishing it.

Awesome, I really need a new game to play, because Hearthstone is starting to piss me off -_-

tm24

The weirdest wrestling match i bought this year is Barbaro Cavenario vs Ray Rowe. Chillangamask is fucking weird

bjork

Awesome, I really need a new game to play, because Hearthstone is starting to piss me off -_-

One Piece Treasure Cruise on your mobile device. There's an event that starts on the 8th where you can get the best available units, so theoretically you could reroll your account until you started with units that would be unstoppable in the early-mid game.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Del Rio attacker dude: plant by WWE or no?

Nope, just puerto rican wrestling crowds
The more i think about it, the more i realize that i just dont like Aerostar that much. He's not Octagon levels of meh to me, but to me he just kinda exists as random flying technico.

And yes. I still think Kamaitachi should have won the belt and had a rematch at Fantasticamania because those fans would lose their shit

Also, going through my lucha top ten and shit is weird this year. Got quite a few more indy lucha matches ever since i started ordering more shit from Black Terry. My list basically boils down to holy shit i really love Hechicero
Rudo Mysteziz could have had the world if he kept with it
R47tHgF.gif

It's like 'you're naturally a real life piece of shit. it's perfect for you!'

Lucha indie wise, they had the best womens match of 2015 at Chilanga Mask. And man that LA Park vs Rush (with some other nerds) match at Lucha Boom. I happily sat through all the fancam for that.

Browny

Banned
Morning Wrasslegaf... Is it safe to say - it's a New Day?

ZvkWS7W.gif

I feel like I've regressed a few years - playing Watch Dogs and waiting for a baby to appear is taking up most of my time. What's this I hear about Del Rio?

bjork

If you were going to actually be a pro wrassler, what would your persona be? I know we had a member who actually participated in a league, but sadly I can't recall which person it was offhand.

Added clause: you need a character or a gimmick. You can't just be you with some NXT-style name.

Top Bottom