• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

If only Raven wasn't looking like death these days.

I'd super Mark out for new even flow DDT

114d9edf8e8c641b8020763c9116a6fa070ed77c_hq.gif

raven-ddt-o.gif

Shame we never got raven vs Austin in 1998

Browny

Banned
Raven was dope - top quality DDT, up there with Arn and Jake for sure.

* laments over the over-use of DDT as bog-standard move *

My guess for tonight is...

Shane Douglas
Clearly RVD.

Menome

Watching the RAW after Survivor Series 1998 and...yowzer, that God Father segment. Glad to see some things have improved.

Bronx-Man

Banned
If you were going to actually be a pro wrassler, what would your persona be? I know we had a member who actually participated in a league, but sadly I can't recall which person it was offhand.

Added clause: you need a character or a gimmick. You can't just be you with some NXT-style name.
The Social Justice Warrior. Every time I walk into the ring, I lambast the fans for their misogynistic chants towards the women of WWE. I go on to main event WrestleMania against Triple H and avenge Booker T's loss at WM19.

I applaud the Raven love in here and will go on record as saying the Dreamer/Raven feud is what got me into ECW. Guy always had really cool angles and storylines, badass finish, the Flock and was a great promo. His WCW run is also really enjoyable and underrated imo. His return to ECW on TNN was one of the better things to happen on that show.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder what the lists will look like without that torturous European influence. Grado just doesn't work elsewhere.

¡HarlequinPanic!;188265446 said:
how is that the grunge band that you think of and not pearl jam~
Grunge bands all blend together because I never really liked the genre. It was either that or hip hop growing up in the 90s, and my mom raised me on hip hop/r&b, bless her heart.

DKehoe

Remember when Chikara was the cool kid on the block?

That's what happens when you go supernova carny.

I stopped following Chikara a while back (even though I still have a UMB avatar) but have heard pretty bad things about them recently. What's been so bad about them?

Kaladin

Grunge was a poor man's heavy metal. When you didn't want to go full on heavy and couldn't give up clean singing, you went grunge. Only grunge bands I really liked was Alice In Chains and Soundgarden, the rest didn't really grab me beyond a couple of songs.

Kaladin

I stopped following Chikara a while back (even though I still have a UMB avatar) but have heard pretty bad things about them recently. What's been so bad about them?

They had the whole fiasco where they went out of business on top, and after they came back they were just never the same. Personally, I just lost any ability to care for it after that.

DKehoe

They had the whole fiasco where they went out of business on top, and after they came back they were just never the same. Personally, I just lost any ability to care for it after that.

Yeh it was after they came back from their hiatus that I started hearing negative stuff about them. Pity, I enjoyed their shows quite a bit when I was watching regularly, although that was quite a while back now.

The only CHIKARA thing I've seen since the restart was their London show I went to. Fun, and nice to see some of the guys like Ultramantis, but nothing incredible, and all the buzz was gone.

Top Bottom